• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I dunno if there are any Pokemon I want to see Megas of AND have them lose their typing upon Mega Evolving. Bastiodon is the only thing that comes to mind because it could become pure Steel like Mega Aggron; maybe some of the other Pokemon with 4x weaknesses, too. Other than those, though, I can't really think of many Pokemon it could work with.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I dunno if there are any Pokemon I want to see Megas of AND have them lose their typing upon Mega Evolving. Bastiodon is the only thing that comes to mind because it could become pure Steel like Mega Aggron; maybe some of the other Pokemon with 4x weaknesses, too. Other than those, though, I can't really think of many Pokemon it could work with.

Maybe Mega Bastiodon will be Rock only as Rock is it's primary type. I would prefer it to be Steel though as it was used by a Steel gym leader as his main Pokemon.

I think Macargo is the one that most likely needs to lose a type (the rock type). Maybe...it'll become pure rock too, with it's body turning rock solid... or maybe it's rock type will turn into steel and it'll be the first Fire/Steel type non-legendary.

Years
  • Aarune's offical artwork

Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

I can't find his Key Stone :(

Years
  • Maxie and Archie had theirs hidden in the official artwork. There may be a chance?

Pictures of Aarune in-game are available, and from what those show, there's no sign of a Mega key. Of course, he may get it later on, especially if they decide to wait for Mega evolution until later on in the game, like around the fifth gym, and he gets his along with the player. We'll have to wait and see on that one.

Years
  • Pictures of Aarune in-game are available, and from what those show, there's no sign of a Mega key. Of course, he may get it later on, especially if they decide to wait for Mega evolution until later on in the game, like around the fifth gym, and he gets his along with the player. We'll have to wait and see on that one.
    If he has one I see him getting it out of screen similar to how Serena/Calem got theirs without us knowing until they told us.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

• Mega Metagross is a thing. I repeat: Mega Metagross is a thing!

Anyway, I kinda dig Megagross' new design. I like how two of its legs are tucked behind it like rockets, while the other four (?) seem ready to Meteor Mash things to oblivion.

Froslass

Ice Champion
    Years
  • I like the design of Mega Metagross. However, I am hoping to see some mega's for Pokemon that actually need it. Metagross is already a tank.

Years
  • So Mega Metagross is confirmed! To me it seemed obvious; Diantha had a Mega as her ace Pokemon, why not keep the trend up and convert Steven's ace to a Mega form as well? Will be very interested to hear the changes that come with it, especially what stats will be buffed. From past CoroCoro leaks, we've seen Steven's official artwork with a Mega key, and now Mega Metagross is revealed, hopefully also confirming that Steven doesn't actually use a Mega Charizard X, and Aarune's doesn't have one equipped in his official artwork. Just a thought. d:

Last edited:
    Years

• We all knew it was going to be obvious, and it was fitting Steven had his ace get a Mega Evolution just like how they did with Diantha and Gardevoir in X/Y. The design is a bit off to me, but I may get used to it once I see clearer pics or fanart.

Next thing I want to see is what ability it gets, let's hope for something that may make it competitively relevant again.

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
  • Mega Metagross was so unnecessary... The design is decent but I don't like it at the moment just because we didn't need it. Please stop with the Hoenn megas, GF... ;-;

Years
  • Mega Metagross was so unnecessary... The design is decent but I don't like it at the moment just because we didn't need it. Please stop with the Hoenn megas, GF... ;-;

I'm starting to wonder if any of the the Gen I, or II pokemon in the Hoenn dex will get Megas. It seems to be all Hoenn right now. At this rate they're going to finish off Hoenn Megas...

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
    Years
  • I don't like the design of mega metagross. 3:
    While the arms are interesting and I rather like how they come upfront.. I don't like the pointy thing sticking out of it like Metang has. 3: < Very unlikely that I will be letting my Metagross mega evolve. uu

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Anyone noticed Mega Metagross' pointy beard? Doesn't that make him look more villainy?

I hope it gets a type change. Then it will be more competitively relevant. I am really liking the design., Tho we all knew this would happen, it's still nice to see it confirmed.

Now for Mega Salemence or Flygon ;D
    There was a mysterious poster from last month showing the Mega Evolved Hoenn starters, as well as silhouettes of Lati@s and other Hoenn Pokémon, including Sableye prior to his Mega Evolution's reveal. Two of which were Flygon and Salamence, so you won't have to wait for long.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back