• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    But there is no trainer who uses a Slowking, is there?
    I know Wally used a Gardivoir, but Gallade wasn't out yet.....

So maybe we aren't getting a Mega Slowking? Or we will have to discover it?

nd Mega Camerupt is beside Primal Kyogre, so we know those two atleast came from the same magazine
    And if Mega Gallade came from CoroCoro, there is still 3/4 of a page left.

If they all came from CoroCoro there is still likely 3/4 of a page

If Camerupt was beside Primal Kyogre
    We can infer Mega Sharpedo was beside primal Groudon

That means the Page with Mega Gallade still has more on it........
    Sharpedo is on a Corner not on the same page as Camerupt as you can see team Aqua beside mega Camerupt on the second page beside it, which means Primal Kyogre is there.

Either way, we are missing some more stuff

Sorry for long post.

I could be wrong about the order, but there is still more parts to a page.......I think XD

Nobody in r/s uses Slowbro either but look what happened there :P In my opinion, the fact that they gave Gallade a mega evolution, shows that they will most likely give every split evolution a mega, so that one isn't largely favored over the over

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Nobody in r/s uses Slowbro either but look what happened there :P In my opinion, the fact that they gave Gallade a mega evolution, shows that they will most likely give every split evolution a mega, so that one isn't largely favored over the over
    I think that Gallade getting a mega evo has more to do with the fact that Wally, a sorta major Hoenn character, uses a Ralts than Game Freak being interested in "fairness" about handing out megas.

Years
  • I think that Gallade getting a mega evo has more to do with the fact that Wally, a sorta major Hoenn character, uses a Ralts than Game Freak being interested in "fairness" about handing out megas.

And of course the fact his Ralts was male, and we already have Diantha use Mega Gardevoir so I guess they wanted to make Wally different and give him Gallade instead of the Gardevoir he had in the originals.

Now I definitely want to use Mega Gardevoir in my playthrough so I can rival his Mega Gallade.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    Alright, I just saw the new megas, here are my thoughts

Mega Camerupt doesn't look good, in my opinion. That's just its looks, better not judge a book by its cover *Cough*MEGAGYARADOS*Cough*

Its ability alongside its potential power will just wreck in trick room, I think

Mega Sharpedo? He kinda looks a bit more like the Aqua submarine shown in the trailer. Pretty neat.
    I think his speed will get boosted massively. He is, after all, a torpedo shark thing. No reason NOT to boost its speed. He could replace Mega Gyarados. That is, if it gets sword's dance/high base attack.
    Mega Gallade? he hasn't changed too much, which is what I like. Looks like he'll be a pretty good, fast physical attacker. Seems to fit him.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    I think that Gallade getting a mega evo has more to do with the fact that Wally, a sorta major Hoenn character, uses a Ralts than Game Freak being interested in "fairness" about handing out megas.

True, but at the same time if they weren't interested in making split evos fairly equal, couldn't they have just used Gardevoir instead? Having him use Gallade makes sense in that it fits his personality more, and it was the perfect opportunity to introduce its mega. Take it as you will, but in my opinion, we should expect mega Slowking to happen in the near future

Sirfetch’d

Really excited about all of the new Megas announced today. All 3 were expected so it didn't come as a surprise but their designs really caught me off guard. I didn't expect them to look so damn cool. I have to find a way to use Mega Camerupt as it is my favorite of the 3 haha.

Years
  • Ignore my post, I'm retarded sometimes. I thought there was an extra page lol.

However Iexpect Mega Flygon and Mega Slowking in the future(Or they won't reveal and will save for in game)

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    So Mega Camerupt has Sheer Force and Mega Sharpedo has Strong Jaw.
    Sheer Force on Camerupt can boost Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Earth Power, Rock Slide and Stone Edge.
    Strong Jaw only boosts Ice Fang and Crunch, but the new move tutor may teach Sharpedo Thunder Fang/Fire Fang.

Mega Gallade's info is still unkown. My guess it stays Psychic/Fighting and that it gets either a new or old ability. The new ability could be something like Sharp Scythes, which powers up cutting moves. If an old ability, then it could be Adaptability, Defiant or Justified.

Years
  • I want a mega Scyther, it needs it more than Scizor :(

I know that Megas are usually only given to the final stage as far as evolution lines are concerned. So yeah...

So Mega Camerupt has Sheer Force and Mega Sharpedo has Strong Jaw.
    Sheer Force on Camerupt can boost Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Earth Power, Rock Slide and Stone Edge.
    Strong Jaw only boosts Ice Fang and Crunch, but the new move tutor may teach Sharpedo Thunder Fang/Fire Fang.

Mega Gallade's info is still unkown. My guess it stays Psychic/Fighting and that it gets either a new or old ability. The new ability could be something like Sharp Scythes, which powers up cutting moves. If an old ability, then it could be Adaptability, Defiant or Justified.

I think Strong Jaw is sort of a wasted ability on Mega Sharpedo since I apparently noticed it only learns three biting moves in general - Bite, Crunch and Ice Fang. Tyrunt/Tyrantrum (the only other thing with this ability) learns the same three moves, as well as Thunder Fang and Fire Fang. Although competitive-wise Sharpedo can hold off Mega Evolution to get its Speed Boost to activate.

Mega Camerupt on the other hand will be menacing. Having balanced offenses means it can run physical sets, special sets or go mixed. A lot of Fire-type moves have a chance of causing burn and therefore those moves get a power boost from Sheer Force albeit losing the burn chance. It may be slower but at least those boosts to its other stats is acceptable.

Mega Gallade is pretty likely to remain Psychic/Fighting, but I like your suggestion on either Adaptability or Defiant as the possible ability. Adaptability will make its Psychic and Fighting moves pretty well feared, and I think it's stat boost could likely end up being similar to Mega Gardevoir's, giving it an acceptable Speed boost.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I think it'd be cool if Gallade changed to Fairy/Fighting upon mega evolution.

Years
  • I think it'd be cool if Gallade changed to Fairy/Fighting upon mega evolution.

It would be weird, but Fairy/Fighting as an attacking combination gets walled very badly by Poison-types. But I think it's still most likely he'll keep his Psychic/Fighting-type like how Mega Gardevoir retained the Psychic/Fairy-type with its Mega.

Years
  • I think it'd be cool if Gallade changed to Fairy/Fighting upon mega evolution.

Does it even learn any physical fairy moves?
    I mean I get fairy is a new type, but It isn't good on everything. Fighting Fairy would be cool if it got Justified tho, however It would be like Mega Gyarados in the sense that it can't use it's secondary stab much.

Years
  • I usually don't get into the technical information about battling, but I do like the addition of sheer force with Camerupt, also the reduction of speed is also a good in order to allocate more power to his other stats, since a speed boost will likely not help him out much.

Being able to take a few more punches with a good bulky def/sp.D along with the ability to unleash powerful attacks works well in the in-game viability...probably not so great in the Metagame...but I couldn't care less personally.

I love when pokemon I love are not completely useless. (Poor Delcatty/Liepard/Mightyena/Corsola/Beautifly ect.)

But using "worse" pokemon are actually a great way to up the challenge in-game, plus you get to use pokemon that you like.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Does it even learn any physical fairy moves?
    I mean I get fairy is a new type, but It isn't good on everything. Fighting Fairy would be cool if it got Justified tho, however It would be like Mega Gyarados in the sense that it can't use it's secondary stab much.
    Derp, did not think about that. I was just like "Fairy/Fighting sounds really cool" and "Gardevoir is Psychic/Fairy, so why not?"

So yeah, probably wouldn't work out real well.

Years
  • I usually don't get into the technical information about battling, but I do like the addition of sheer force with Camerupt, also the reduction of speed is also a good in order to allocate more power to his other stats, since a speed boost will likely not help him out much.

Being able to take a few more punches with a good bulky def/sp.D along with the ability to unleash powerful attacks works well in the in-game viability...probably not so great in the Metagame...but I couldn't care less personally.

I love when pokemon I love are not completely useless. (Poor Delcatty/Liepard/Mightyena/Corsola/Beautifly ect.)

But using "worse" pokemon are actually a great way to up the challenge in-game, plus you get to use pokemon that you like.

Well actually, it sounds like it will be amazing competitively too on a TR team atleast. Just don't run into a Azumarill lol

Years
  • Does it even learn any physical fairy moves?

If I remember the only Fairy moves the Ralts line learns are Moonblast and Dazzling Gleam - both special attacks. So if Mega Gallade was to get a Fairy typing it would essentially be Mega Gyarados 2.0 because it won't learn many moves taking advantage of the type.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back