• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm not sure about others, but I personally Mega-Dunsparce would be pretty cool to see. Currently, it's not very helpful in much ways, so if it did wind up getting some evolution of sorts, it would be gaining some boost in terms of stats and whatnot, making it much more easy to utilize. Not really sure how it'd look in terms of design. I've seen a fan-made artwork before, which looked great, but not sure if they'd consider basing their own design after that.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • The leak is fake, if anything because most of the Megas in it are stuff people usually request from GF, like Electric/Fighting Electivire and Water/Fairy Milotic.

One question... Pidgeot and Beedrill weren't in RSE. How do you suppose we'll be able to catch them in the game? They are in X and Y, though. Maybe only their Mega Stones will be in ORAS and you'll have to trade the Pokémon from X and Y.

It's also possible the sky mechanic isn't used only for legendaries.

Last edited:

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • The leak is fake, if anything because most of the Megas in it are stuff people usually request from GF, like Electric/Fighting Electivire and Water/Fairy Milotic.

One question... Pidgeot and Beedrill weren't in RSE. How do you suppose we'll be able to catch them in the game? They are in X and Y, though. Maybe only their Mega Stones will be in ORAS and you'll have to trade the Pokémon from X and Y.

My guess is either transporting the stones to XY, or maybe post-game ORAS.

I believe ORAS will have some post-game areas where you can catch Pokemon from other regions. Or maybe they can introduce swarms again...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

I think so too.

Well they did mention that we'll be able to find other Pokémon too other than the mystic Pokémon aka other than the legends.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Last edited:

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • FROM THE DEMO:

Mega Steelix and Mega Glalie.

EDIT:
    After much refreshing, I finally secured my copy of CoroCoro November issue from Amazon Japan.
    The shipping is ¥1,000. Ouch.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Mega Glalie looks really odd from the single picture on serebii.

It looks like it's jaw fell off.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • It looks rather likely that the Elite Four can use megas... With Mega Glalie, each member now has at least one pokemon that can mega evolve.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • AAAHHH! Mega Steelix looks beautiful, I'm loving its design; Mega Glalie needs to grow on me tbh, it's kinda freaky.

These past few mega revelations are really making me see Beedrill, Steelix, and Pidgeot in a new light. I'm so happy that basic Pokemon like those 3 are getting a chance to slay. <3 (glalie too but I'm not on that train yet)

Reactions: JP
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    After looking at it's official artwork I'm really liking both of these new megas.

Mega Glalie looks freaky, but I think it's a good kind of freaky.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Mega Steelix and Mega Glalie! They've certainly chosen the right Pokemon to give Mega Evolutions to for ORAS (in my opinion!) I guess this will be Glacia's Mega evolution?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Aw yes! I hope Mega Steelix is an indicator of Jasmine making a cameo as a Contest opponent, now that Pokémon can Mega Evolve during them. And Mega Glalie's looking good, too; hopefully now people will have more of an incentive to use it more often!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh, for those of you who don't know, Mega Steelix has Sand Force for an ability, and is getting boosts to Attack, Defense, and Special Defense. Mega Glaie has Refrigerate for it's ability.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    So these Mega Evolutions were found through the demo, but how are these demos available and in which countries?
    This also proofs the Reddit leaker false. (Like I said)

Mega Glalie and Mega Steelix were definitely needed. Glalie now can abuse Explosion, and Steelix' Earthquake, Stone Edge and Iron Head deal even more damage in the Sandstorm!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back