• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    Yet they left in all the other data, telling us stuff like E4 and Gym Leader teams? All the images of gym leaders and trainer battle shots? To only hide that and not anything else is... unlikely. And rather contradictory of them being top security - they wouldn't have let us have a demo otherwise!

Sure, some stuff would be left out of the demo just to save space, but selectively removing data like that would actually be a lot of effort. Your best hope is that the demo was somehow made before the mega data for anything else was put in, but... that is unlikely.
    I thought there were still a few item slots left empty in the demo from the datamining? They could potentially be releasing new megas that haven't been teased yet.

But yeah, I agree with the rest. No need to read that much into it, even though it'd be really cool to see mega Hariyama and Milotic.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Hariyama is the least likely to get a Mega... Which means it is practically confirmed. :15:

I don't like Hari, but you never can tell who a mega can change things.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • That would be awesome! I think it's a strong possibility. Ever since they announced that there would be new Megas in OR/AS, I've been hoping for Mega Milotic. I think Flygon and Hariyama could really use Mega Evolutions. They were two of the best Pokemon in Gen III in my opinion, and they sort of lost relevancy over the years. It'd be good to see them make a come back with Mega Evos :)

Years
  • I pretty much agree with him, we won't be seeing any more new Megas until pretty much the next games after OR/AS or even the next generation. I know the Megas revealed so far were the only ones because I downloaded a ZIP file of the dex sprites and I could not see any additional Megas there.

I can definitely say this trailer was certainly not to be trusted in terms of Mega speculation.

7 extra slots where all the Mega stones are in the demo.

Plus again, it's a DEMO.
    This could be very likely
    Not even GF is stupid enough to reveal all Megas before the games are released. Plus theres lots of data missing

So we could get 7 more Megas(it really does look like there's 7 mega stones missing)
    Trick house is also missing from the demo, and we know it's in the full game. Thats just an example, I have plenty more

Last edited:
    Years
  • For those of you who have not seen the English trailer, or for those of you who missed this sneaky possible foreshadowing of three new Mega Pokemon, there is an image quickly shown that could be hinting at Mega Flygon (finally), Mega Milotic, and Mega Hariyama. Thoughts?

Merged your thread with the Mega Evolution speculation thread!

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • 7 extra slots where all the Mega stones are in the demo.

Plus again, it's a DEMO.
    This could be very likely
    Not even GF is stupid enough to reveal all Megas before the games are released. Plus theres lots of data missing

So we could get 7 more Megas(it really does look like there's 7 mega stones missing)
    Trick house is also missing from the demo, and we know it's in the full game. Thats just an example, I have plenty more

Well, old Pokémon ROMs also had several blank slots for new Pokémon, as well as items.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well, old Pokémon ROMs also had several blank slots for new Pokémon, as well as items.

That's because they deleted some Pokémon and items before the release of the games according to Bulbapedia's Beta page. Shellos is an example from the original RS.

Though that may also be the case here, the fact that flying (Latis) and the trick house are missing (or so I've heard) says that they removed some stuff that is going to be in the full version.

I would love a Mega Hariyama. Maybe we can get Mega Probopass, Mega Slacking, Mega Solrock and Mega Lunatone, and Mega Milotic for the gym leader rematches (with Flannery having Mega Camerupt, Wattson having Manectric, and Winona having Mega Altaria). With Mega Flygon as the last one.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I remember someone stating that there are around seven unannounced mega-evolutions in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire; very much hoping that one of them is Flygon, because if you ask me, the Pokémon truly deserves it, in many ways, with one being its popularity among fans. I understand that they've already given us a few dragon-type megas in ORAS, but don't believe it would hurt for them to introduce one more, possibly. Alongside, I'm also hoping to see something for Skarmory. In its normal form, it plays defensively, for most part, but once it evolves, I feel it'd be nice if it were to play more on the offensive side of things.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • That's because they deleted some Pokémon and items before the release of the games according to Bulbapedia's Beta page. Shellos is an example from the original RS.

Though that may also be the case here, the fact that flying (Latis) and the trick house are missing (or so I've heard) says that they removed some stuff that is going to be in the full version.

I would love a Mega Hariyama. Maybe we can get Mega Probopass, Mega Slacking, Mega Solrock and Mega Lunatone, and Mega Milotic for the gym leader rematches (with Flannery having Mega Camerupt, Wattson having Manectric, and Winona having Mega Altaria). With Mega Flygon as the last one.

I didn't expect them to have the full map in the demo, though. ^^ Just the areas where you do the missions.

I remember someone stating that there are around seven unannounced mega-evolutions in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire; very much hoping that one of them is Flygon, because if you ask me, the Pokémon truly deserves it, in many ways, with one being its popularity among fans. I understand that they've already given us a few dragon-type megas in ORAS, but don't believe it would hurt for them to introduce one more, possibly. Alongside, I'm also hoping to see something for Skarmory. In its normal form, it plays defensively, for most part, but once it evolves, I feel it'd be nice if it were to play more on the offensive side of things.

After using one in Black 2 I've found Flygon to be kinda overrated. Didn't even learn Earthquake by level-up. I think Trapinch learns it, but keeping Trapinch at high levels is quite difficult.

(On a side note: after searching Boomburst, because Flygon will learn it in ORAS, I've found out that they gave it to ****ing Swellow, but not to the Pokémon that wanted it the most, Pidgeot. Way to go, GF. >.> )

Last edited:

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • Oh my gosh, if any of the unannounced/undiscovered mega's end up being for the Johto starters I will JUMP! My bro Typhlosion needs a mega badly.

You got to pick a Johto starter for completing the Pokedex in Emerald, so I'm eking out hope for them with mega stones in ORAS.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • (On a side note: after searching Boomburst, because Flygon will learn it in ORAS, I've found out that they gave it to ****ing Swellow, but not to the Pokémon that wanted it the most, Pidgeot. Way to go, GF. >.> )
    Spoiler:

Anyway, I doubt that we've seen all the megas that'll be in these games. Even if flygon doesn't get one, there are plenty of Hoenn pokemon who could.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Anyway, I doubt that we've seen all the megas that'll be in these games. Even if flygon doesn't get one, there are plenty of Hoenn pokemon who could.

Who cares about Meloetta, Pidgeot is the one who would appreciate it the most, with killer 135 base Sp.Atk. and Normal STAB. Instead they give it to Swellow, who has less Sp.Atk. than even regular Pidgeot.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • So if there's 7 additional mega slots potentially, I'd say odds are two of them will be Flygon and Milotic. With such huge popularity and them being amongst the stand out Hoenn Pokemon, I'd sort of expect them to receive a mega evolution sooner or later.

Years
  • So if there's 7 additional mega slots potentially, I'd say odds are two of them will be Flygon and Milotic. With such huge popularity and them being amongst the stand out Hoenn Pokemon, I'd sort of expect them to receive a mega evolution sooner or later.
    Plus Wallace could get Mega Milotic, and Aurune could get Mega Flygon in possible post game rematches.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Who cares about Meloetta, Pidgeot is the one who would appreciate it the most, with killer 135 base Sp.Atk. and Normal STAB. Instead they give it to Swellow, who has less Sp.Atk. than even regular Pidgeot.
    Pidgeot's fine and all, but boomburst doesn't really fit it. It'd do better with low accuracy, high power moves, like egg bomb (Not likely to see use if it did get it, but it fits and would help mixed sets.), focust blast, and maybe even inferno.

Years
  • Pidgeot's fine and all, but boomburst doesn't really fit it. It'd do better with low accuracy, high power moves, like egg bomb (Not likely to see use if it did get it, but it fits and would help mixed sets.), focust blast, and maybe even inferno.
    Or even Zap Cannon which will take down Water, and Flying types. Focus Blast would help it take down Rock, Normal, Dark, Steel. Inferno would help it take down Grass, Ice, and Steel types. Hurricane would help it take down Grass and Fighting types. That would give it pretty good coverage.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Pidgeot's fine and all, but boomburst doesn't really fit it. It'd do better with low accuracy, high power moves, like egg bomb (Not likely to see use if it did get it, but it fits and would help mixed sets.), focust blast, and maybe even inferno.

Boomburst has 140 BP and is superior to all those moves. Right now Pidgeot has no good Normal STAB apart from lolHyperbeam. Just because his ability is No Guard, doesn't mean he shouldn't get high-powered 100% accuracy moves like Boomburst, which is a fantastic move.

Also, mixed set? Did you know Pidgeot keeps his mediocre 80 base Attack upon Mega Evolving? This is supposed to be a Special sweeper.

I'd give him Focus Blast and Boomburst. Would be ridiculously OP and put him where he deserves.

Years
  • So the fact that Mega Pidgeot is a special attacker that lacks one of the most reliable special Normal moves (Boomburst) is just a way to learn it may not be used as much as people would first think. It doesn't even get Hyper Voice, making it have to settle on the "awesome but impractical" Hyper Beam as a Normal STAB, and we all know the risks with that move. It also learns Round (another sound-based special Normal move) but that move is really weak in base power.

Perfect-accuracy Hurricanes will likely be the only thing it'll have going for it. But yeah, I can definitely say it's one of the rare instances that a Mega actually gets screwed in terms of movepool.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back