• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversion

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    After I import the images, how do i know what the indices are? or how do I import it? thanks sorry I have a lot of questions... I'm a bit new in ASMs and Sprite editing...

Follow this tutorial to expand the particle table. Then edit the indices in src/animscript.s (that's MrDollSteak's animation with different particle indices).

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I use ASM do the work and have a problem:When the Pokemon evolution There image cannot immediately change and need goto bag and return can change the image. i think have a function make the image refresh but i am not find so i need help

OliDSi

Pokemon Friend
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2015
    I didn't even know this was possible! Good job there!

Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversion

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
    Years
  • Hello, I have a question about this, does seeing an enemy Mega or using one yourself do anything to the Dex flags for the Mega if the dex numbers for the Mega and non-Mega don't match? I'm curious if the Dex flags are triggered.

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Hello, I have a question about this, does seeing an enemy Mega or using one yourself do anything to the Dex flags for the Mega if the dex numbers for the Mega and non-Mega don't match? I'm curious if the Dex flags are triggered.

I don't think it does in all cases. Here is what I guess what will happen: if you just see a Mega (trigger mega evolution or AI does it), you probably won't get the flags set. However, if the Mega subsequently switches out and back in, it probably will set the seen flag. I don't think the caught flag will ever get set, since the engine doesn't expect the species to switch mid-battle.

I've never tested this though, because I didn't think people would want duplicate entries in the dex and would thus set the numbers to be equal.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    Hey guys uh... I just wanna ask, how can I change the graphics that the codes insert? Well, I mean I did it, edited it in PS and all but when I did the thing (I wanna say compile and insert but this ain't ASM :P), it got a white background and glitched up. I don't know what bad I did, I just wanted to (excuse the word if I'm offending anyone) improve the graphics with better looking logo with a more obvious palette. (imo) T^T

Here's my image.
    Spoiler:

Oh and P.S. I really don't mean any offense. The Curse animation after a Pokemon changes doesn't really fit imo. Sorry for ranting guys! :)v

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Hey guys uh... I just wanna ask, how can I change the graphics that the codes insert? Well, I mean I did it, edited it in PS and all but when I did the thing (I wanna say compile and insert but this ain't ASM :P), it got a white background and glitched up. I don't know what bad I did, I just wanted to (excuse the word if I'm offending anyone) improve the graphics with better looking logo with a more obvious palette. (imo) T^T

Here's my image.
    Spoiler:

Oh and P.S. I really don't mean any offense. The Curse animation after a Pokemon changes doesn't really fit imo. Sorry for ranting guys! :)v

You're supposed to replace the Curse particle with the ones that I posted.

As for replacing the images you can just replace it in the directory I believe.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    You're supposed to replace the Curse particle with the ones that I posted.

As for replacing the images you can just replace it in the directory I believe.
    Ohh~! Replacing the particle wouldn't change the animation for the move Curse would it? :D Oh and as I said in my post, I actually did get it inserted in-game but in the actual game (when I play it) colors are messed up. Oh well.

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Ohh~! Replacing the particle wouldn't change the animation for the move Curse would it? :D Oh and as I said in my post, I actually did get it inserted in-game but in the actual game (when I play it) colors are messed up. Oh well.

You need to manually expand the particle table and insert your new particles, then change the particles used by the animation manually in the code or by hex editing after the fact. The script is defined here, so just change the defines at the top (XX, YY, ZZ correspond the particles in MrDollSteak's post).

As for the colours being messed up, I assume you mean the big circle icon. After replacing the files in the images, you need to alter these lines in the config file such that they refer to the colours of the border in your sprite. You can have more or less than 4, just change the number above the list. These colours are the ones that are ignored by the routine that makes the orb brighter or greyscale (disabled), so you have to get them right to make that work properly.
    If the colours are still messed up, you might want to select the transparent colour in the makefile. Please consult the grit command line documentation for more information on how to do that.

I will probably change this in the future to be simpler, I just can't really think of how to do that right now.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021

Mega Evolution, Wish and Primal support for Emerald:

Little demonstration :

Implementation of the hack :
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
  • I had successfully installed your mega evolution hack, but what it does is it restarts the game whenever the trainerbattle ends, here's the vid

EDIT: It works on a clean rom, but on edited rom, it's not

Last edited:

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I had successfully installed your mega evolution hack, but what it does is it restarts the game whenever the trainerbattle ends, here's the vid

EDIT: It works on a clean rom, but on edited rom, it's not

What exactly have you changed in this ROM? There might be clashing hooks that cause the crash. Is it with all battles or just the first Gary battle?

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
  • What exactly have you changed in this ROM? There might be clashing hooks that cause the crash. Is it with all battles or just the first Gary battle?

All battles, even the wild battle

EDIT: I tried it in clean rom but some weird things happened, I set Var 4001 to 162 then the enemy's HP bar shows the mega symbol, and, even I press start button, nothing happens, it automatically mega evolves the pokemon

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Disculpe no me sale la verdad he estado intentando varias veces pero no queda, no se si tengo algún error.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Disculpe no me sale la verdad he estado intentando varias veces pero no queda, no se si tengo algún error.

This is an English speaking forum. Please post in English, or include an English translation along with your posts.

Back