• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversion

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Didn't see that keystone bit, and I am new to this so I don't understand some words. But if I go into the game and get two gold teeth and give one to Venusaur and one to me then it will work?

No that's not how Mega Evolutions in Gen 6 works, so therefore it's not how this works. Watch the video.

Substitute Doll

An Alolan Exeggutor
    Years
  • Could anyone help me?
    Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversion

I do have make in the folder...

PokemonBen

Kanto Champion
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    No that's not how Mega Evolutions in Gen 6 works, so therefore it's not how this works. Watch the video.
    I haven't played or watched Gen 6 so I wouldn't know. But in the video the trainer give Venusaur a Mega stone and in battle he presses start whilst choosing an attack and he Mega evolves, what exactly am I missing?

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    I haven't played or watched Gen 6 so I wouldn't know. But in the video the trainer give Venusaur a Mega stone and in battle he presses start whilst choosing an attack and he Mega evolves, what exactly am I missing?

Okay, so here's how it is, again (you should've probably went to Bulbapedia) but here it is. This is a direct quote from this Bulbapedia page.

In order to Mega Evolve, most Pokémon must be holding their appropriate Mega Stone and the Trainer must have a Key Stone. Only Rayquaza does not need a Mega Stone to Mega Evolve; instead, it must know the move Dragon Ascent.
    In any battle, each Trainer may Mega Evolve a single Pokémon once. Mega Evolution is essentially a free action a Pokémon may make in addition to its normal move, but if a Pokémon will not use a move, it cannot Mega Evolve. Mega Evolution occurs before most actions except switching. A Mega-Evolved Pokémon will only revert back to its original state if it faints or the battle ends; if it is switched out, it will still be in its Mega Evolved state if it is switched back in.
    A Pokémon cannot Mega Evolve if it is being held in the airborne phase of Sky Drop. Neither volatile nor non-volatile status conditions such as paralysis, sleep, and infatuation will have any effect over a Pokémon's ability to Mega Evolve; even if they result in the Pokémon not being able to move that turn, the Mega Evolution will occur regardless.
    Mega Stones are not affected by most moves or Abilities. If they would move a Mega Stone to or from a Pokémon that could use it to Mega Evolve, the moves Bestow, Covet, Fling, Thief, Trick, and Switcheroo will fail and the Abilities Magician, Pickpocket and Symbiosis will not activate. The move Knock Off cannot remove a Mega Stone from a Pokémon that can use it to Mega Evolve, and Knock Off's power will not be increased since it cannot remove the item. The moves Embargo and Magic Room and the Ability Klutz will not prevent a Pokémon from using its respective Mega Stone to Mega Evolve.
    Performing Mega Evolution will not alter the turn order, so a Pokémon with a lower Speed than their opponent will still go after them on the one turn the Mega Evolution occurs, even if their Mega Evolution increases Speed and would otherwise cause them to go first. The opposite is also true for Pokémon who lose Speed from Mega Evolution, such as Garchomp. However, turn order will be determined normally on every turn afterwards. All other stat changes and type changes of a Mega Evolution will take effect immediately and damage calculation will proceed as usual. (A Pokémon whose Mega Evolution possesses a lower Defense stat, for example, will take greater damage from Physical attacks on the turn of Mega Evolving.)
    Changes in a Pokémon's Ability will also take place immediately. A Sharpedo that normally has Speed Boost will not gain a boost in Speed at the end of the turn it Mega Evolves, but if it uses a biting move such as Crunch that turn, it will be boosted by Strong Jaw, its Ability as Mega Sharpedo.
    In Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Mega Evolution can also occur during the Talent round of Pokémon Contest Spectaculars. If the participating Pokémon is holding its corresponding Mega Stone when its appeal causes the audience's excitement to reach its peak, it will Mega Evolve and perform a Spectacular Talent. The Pokémon will remain in its Mega Evolved state for the remainder of the Talent round.

And if you still didn't quite catch it, here's my explanation of it. Pokemon, to mega evolve must be holding a mega stone but just holding a mega stone won't make them mega evolve! We trainers must trigger this new power with another stone called the key stone. When the power of the trainer and the Pokemon combines, the two stones shall open the path for mega evolutioooooon! xDD

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
  • Yeah... I do

hmmm... did you follow the tut. correctly?

Install devkitproupdater,
    create a path of your bin,
    install make.exe,
    go to the folder of gnu,
    go to bin folder,
    get the 3 files there,
    paste those to your root folder(Mega Evolution folder),
    create build folder,
    put BPRE0.gba there
    install python
    go to your root folder and shift+right click
    type make
    type insert.py

PokemonBen

Kanto Champion
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Okay, so here's how it is, again (you should've probably went to Bulbapedia) but here it is. This is a direct quote from this Bulbapedia page.

And if you still didn't quite catch it, here's my explanation of it. Pokemon, to mega evolve must be holding a mega stone but just holding a mega stone won't make them mega evolve! We trainers must trigger this new power with another stone called the key stone. When the power of the trainer and the Pokemon combines, the two stones shall open the path for mega evolutioooooon! xDD

I already knew all that. I'm just confused as I have been told that we need to add our own Mega Stones and Key Stones, but I have also seen that Gold Teeth works as a Key Stone and a Mega Stone.

Lance32497

Years
  • I already knew all that. I'm just confused as I have been told that we need to add our own Mega Stones and Key Stones, but I have also seen that Gold Teeth works as a Key Stone and a Mega Stone.

That's because Gold teeth is the default item used in mega evolution hack, but it doesn't mean that Gold teeth is the only item that mega evolves a pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2023
    My apologies if I missed an earlier explanation in the thread.

If I repoint the evolution type table to add more evolutions, what would be the address I point to for the mega evolutions?

Edit: Okay, so it works out of the box even if you repoint the evolution type table! It wasn't working for me because of the same issue earlier (compile with make DEFS="-DDISABLE_KEYSTONE_CHECK" ). I reinserted with that command and it worked perfectly.

Thumbs up, Like, Subscribed, and Shared.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2017
    Is it that I am the only one to have a problem with attachments?
    I can't download the mega evolution particles of MrDollSteak,
    If anyone can send me the file would be super cool ! :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2017
    So, someone could send me the file plz. ~_~
    And thank you for the information Lance32497.

Last edited:

ArminRocks1442

Wooper is Badass!!
    Years
  • Hey Touched! This hack is great. But how much space does it need? if it's doesn't take 0x100000 I'm fine, cause there are some stuff in 0x900000

I also need to tell you that I repointed the evolution table, added some evolution stones, made pokemon evolve without national dex (Thanks to Jambo51), and extended the pokemon number to 0x3AC (940). So, is the hack compatible? even with all my changes?

EDIT: I tested and it worked completely fine, at least the second time I tested it. I forgot all about key stones XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD
    Damn...

Last edited:

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    When breeding a Pokemon that can Mega Evolve but doesn't evolve from anything, such as Absol, the Mega form will hatch from the egg if the Mega comes after the base form in the Pokemon list, which it needs to in order for the Pokedex to display correctly when they share a dex entry. To fix this, set a "Breeding Only" evolution condition of Base >>> Mega and prioritize it over top of the Mega Evolution by defining it first in the evolution list.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2016
    I'm encountering a problem near the end of the tutorial. When I am at the stage where I open the command window and type "make", a bunch of code doesn't pop up like the tutorial says, I get some stuff and at the end it says error. Anyone know why I am encountering this problem?

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2022
    Good afternoon, I have a question, when you start the routine of evolution mega worked perfectly, but Widen pokedex and modify the table changes, and the mega evolution stopped working eventhough I have the items, is there any way to fix it ??
    thanks for any help possible ...

Lance32497

Years
  • Good afternoon, I have a question, when you start the routine of evolution mega worked perfectly, but Widen pokedex and modify the table changes, and the mega evolution stopped working eventhough I have the items, is there any way to fix it ??
    thanks for any help possible ...

Sorry, I'm a bit confused in your question, so your question is you can't make the mega button appear when you're on the attack screen. If so, have you set the proper var for player and opponent's mega evolution trigger?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2022
    Sorry, I'm a bit confused in your question, so your question is you can't make the mega button appear when you're on the attack screen. If so, have you set the proper var for player and opponent's mega evolution trigger?

to start the mega evolution worked well.
    but change the table of evolution because Expandi the pokedex to another offset.
    and stopped working the mega evolution. how do I fix it

Lance32497

Years
  • to start the mega evolution worked well.
    but change the table of evolution because Expandi the pokedex to another offset.
    and stopped working the mega evolution. how do I fix it

can you upload, at least, screenshots of your problem. I honestly don't understand the problem. Do you mean when you are expanding pokèdex, the mega evolution doesn't work?

Back