• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mega Lucario centred team

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2015
    Hey you guys i'm new here and i'm trying to build a Mega Lucario centred team. I'm probably including an Arcanine on it, cuz i try to place them in almost all my teams.
    So, what could you guys suggest for my team?
    Btw my english is not perfect so i'm sorry if it's hard to understand.
    Thanks very much for your help :)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Eh, well, you're gonna need something immune to Ground on your team, since both Arcanine and Lucario are Ground weak. Might be better to use a Levitate Pokemon than a Flying type so you don't have 2 Rock weak pokes, even though Lucario 4x resists Rock. Maybe something like Gengar or the Rotom forms. Also did you have any plans for the sets on Lucario and Arcanine?

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • I think it also might be worth asking what format that you're going to use this Mega Lucario in. Ubers on Showdown? Battle Spot Singles/Doubles? Or is this just for friendly 6v6 stuff?

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2015
    First of all thanks :)
    Probably for Single online matches. I don't like having legendary pokemons in my team, but depending on wich one.. anyway.

so the idea until now is Lucario, Arcanine and Gengar?
    What else should i include? maybe a Wall?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Adding in what move sets you plan to use for each Pokemon would be highly appreciated. Since this is for online matches, is it for Battle Spot, or just plain battles on the PSS?

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2015
    what do you guys would suggest? the Sharpedo and Garshomp was the ideas i had to make it 6 :P
    should i keep Chansey?

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2015
    i tough Garshomp overall to have Earthquacke in my team. Sharpedo because Lucario is weak against Fire so i tough i needed an Water-Type on my team.
    I tough about Chansey because of it's Defense and HP, but i'm thinking about putting a Slowbro instead of it and Sharpedo, but i'm not sure.

Years
  • Can I recommend something like Rotom Wash over Chansey? Chansey and Slowbro are used more in stall teams, while Rotom Wash can be a good pivot with Volt Switch, it resists Water and it has an immunity to Ground. Use it instead of both Chansey and Sharpedo.

Years
  • Maybe you could have Garchomp as a Focus Sash lead? That would mean you'd be able to set up Stealth Rock at the start of the battle with it. What kind of moveset are you using on Arcanine?

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2015
    Cool
    My Arcanine is already made, it has Overheat, Thunder Fang, Extremespeed and Fire Blitz

What other pokemons do i still need?

Years
  • Can I suggest Talonflame instead of Arcanine? It's faster and can deal with far more threats. Maybe it could work well with Rotom Wash if you teach Talonflame U-Turn and Rotom Volt Switch. Talonflame would also provide another Ground resistance. Arcanine is outclassed by many other Pokemon and you should never run both Overheat and Flare Blit, it wasbuilt to be a physical attacker.

As your last Pokemon, maybe you could use a one with Rapid Spin or Defog. Talonflame and Rotom Wash don't particularly enjoy switching into Stealth Rock, Talonflame especially.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Arcanine's not bad. If you do use one a set with Flare Blitz/Wild Charge/Extreme Speed/Close Combat gives you pretty good coverage and power. No need to run 2 Fire attacks on it on Overheat's kinda eh on it. Flash Fire and Intimidate are both good abilities.

Not saying that Talonflame's bad, cuz it's not, it's pretty good.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2015
    Changing it's Fire Blitz for Close Combat, do you guys think it'll be ok to keep Arcanine?

And what else could i use?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Changing it's Fire Blitz for Close Combat, do you guys think it'll be ok to keep Arcanine?

And what else could i use?

Here's a much, much, better take on Arcanine. Flare Blitz runs off of its better Attack stat:
    -Flare Blitz
    -Extreme Speed
    -Wild Charge
    -Close Combat/Crunch
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Intimidate/Flash Fire

But then again, Talonflame is better than Arcanine in most cases because of Gale Wings Brave Bird:
    -Swords Dance
    -Flare Blitz
    -Brave Bird/Acrobatics
    -Roost
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Sharp Beak/Sky Plate/none
    Ability: Gale Wings

or
    -Swords Dance
    -Brave Bird/Acrobatics
    -Will-o-Wisp/Taunt
    -Roost
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/none

or
    -Brave Bird/Acrobatics
    -Bulk Up/Taunt
    -Will-o-Wisp/Taunt
    -Roost
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 248 HP/252 SDef/8 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/none

or
    -Flare Blitz
    -Brave Bird
    -U-turn
    -Steel Wing/Tailwind
    Nature: Jolly/Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Band

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2015
    I'm still thinking on wich one to keep, but i think i'll get an Talonflame :P Thanks
    What elso should i get?

Back