• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Starters Confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoenn_Waters

Is patiently waiting for ORAS
Years
  • According to a scan leak, It has been confirmed that two of our starters, Sceptile and Swampert, have been given Mega Evolutions! You can find even more info below

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/0...ncludes-new-mega-evolutions-and-oras-details/

But first:

Sceptile ME would be Grass/Dragon type with LightningRod ability

Swampert ME would still be Water/Ground with swift swim ability

That's it for now, base stats are still unconfirmed but what we know for sure that were getting MeVos for these two!

Years
  • Sceptile ME would be Grass/Dragon type with LightningRod ability

Swampert ME would still be Water/Ground with swift swim ability

They had a chance to make things right and Sceptile got the short end of the stick again. Lightning Rod is kind of redundant when Grass/Dragon has a 4x resistance to Electric moves already... :( Might prove useful in Doubles, however, which is the only metagame that exists in Nintendo's eyes. I'll avoid further judgement until stats and movepools are released.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Seriously , ''Speed Boost'' should be Mega Sceptile's ability.
    I don't get why Mega Secptile has such useless ability like ''Lighting Rod'' .

Years
  • Seriously , ''Speed Boost'' should be Mega Sceptile's ability.
    I don't get why Mega Secptile has such useless ability like ''Lighting Rod'' .

It's not that useless. Sceptile is the fastest of the three. If it's hit with any Electric attack (including Thunder Wave) it will raise its Sp. Attack. Even Mega Blaziken is slower than Sceptile. This is why they gave it the Speed Boost ability. Plus, they raised all Blaziken's stats (except HP) with its ME so I guess, they'll raise Sceptile's speed too.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    It's not that useless. Sceptile is the fastest of the three. If it's hit with any Electric attack (including Thunder Wave) it will raise it's Sp. Attack. Even Mega Blaziken is slower than Sceptile. This is why they gave it the Speed Boost ability. Plus, they raised all Blaziken's stats (except HP) with its ME so I guess, they'll raise Sceptile's speed too.

Accept , Secptile doesn't need ''Lighting rod'' with 4x resistance to electric type .
    I rather prefer an ability that allow Secptile to deal with Steel , Fire Or Ice Pokemon

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    While I'm glad that Mega Sceptile got the Grass/Dragon typing, I was actually hoping they'd take a more physical approach, and give it something like Tough Claws. Oh well, maybe they'll make it a mixed sweeper. Also, Lightningrod makes it good in Inverted battles.

EDIT: I love Mega Swampert. I hope Game Freak doesn't decrease its Speed too much, like they did with Mega Abomasnow.

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    While I'm glad that Mega Sceptile got the Grass/Dragon typing, I was actually hoping they'd take a more physical approach, and give it something like Tough Claws. Oh well, maybe they'll make it a mixed sweeper. Also, Lightningrod makes it good in Inverted battles.

With the Special Attack Sceptile already has, and the nice amount of Sp.Atk Grass moves, it'd be a waste to convert him to a physical. True, his signature Leaf Blade has gone waste, but it wasn't a problem back in RSE when there wasn't a Physical/Special split. Now I think he'll need to be content with Energy Ball.

Mega Swampert pwns the definition of 'badass'.
    Seriously though, I was wondering how they'd make a mega for him without giving a 'derp' figure. Now I know that Swampert constantly takes steroids, or works out. A lot.

Spoiler:

Totally excited to know their BSTs, though.

LiquidForce

The Upper Downer
    Years
  • I'm going to choose Treecko as starter so I'll get Mega Sceptile, I think its pretty cool.
    But from all the starters with MegaEvolutions Swampert is the best I think..

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Swift Swim on M-Swampert seems kinda odd. I mean it's meant to be a tank: take a hit, hit harder back (so it doesn't need to be fast) and with Rain being nerfed it seems even more useless to me.

M-Sceptile's design looks cool, but it's ability isn't that usefull on him either (except if you're playing Doubles, which I don't).

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I'm going to choose Treecko as starter so I'll get Mega Sceptile, I think its pretty cool.
    But from all the starters with MegaEvolutions Swampert is the best I think..

I think most people will chose Treeko & Mubkip since most gamer already have their fun with Mega Blaziken during XY game .
    Unless their is a ''Mega Blaziken Alpha'' which will be revealed during '' Pokemon XY Megevolution special Act II''

Hoenn_Waters

Is patiently waiting for ORAS
    Years
  • According to Bulbapedia, Sceptile's most powerful special Dragon STAB is Dragon Breath :(. I hope they fix that and let it learn Draco Meteor with Ampharos

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Mega Swampert though, looks so buffed up now! But yeah I'm really impressed with all three of the new Mega Evolutions we've seen this month.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    According to Bulbapedia, Sceptile's most powerful special Dragon STAB is Dragon Breath :(. I hope they fix that and let it learn Draco Meteor with Ampharos

They probably make it so that Sceptile is able to learn the Dragon Pulse TM.
    Draco Meteor can only be thaught to Dragon type Pokémon. Sceptile is only a Dragon during Mega Evolution in battle, so it will be unable to learn it in the overworld.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Does anyone expect Blaziken to have another Megevolution ?
    There's a solid reason behind it !
    Most people already got Mega Blaziken though event so it become old.
    so Most Player might chose Treeko & Mubkip over Torchic because their Megevolution is Brand new .
    So The game might have another new Megevolution of Torchic to keep player interested .

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I don't mind sceptile getting lightning rod, a lot of pokemon have abilities that make them immune to attacks they already resist. It's basically just for switch-out purposes. Depending on his stats as a mega, sceptile could make good use of dragon claw if he's physically based, but yeah, he'll need more. Plus, his grass/dragon typing lets him take neutral damage from blaziken's fire attacks. I'm definitely going to chose him as a starter now.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I don't mind sceptile getting lightning rod, a lot of pokemon have abilities that make them immune to attacks they already resist. It's basically just for switch-out purposes. Depending on his stats as a mega, sceptile could make good use of dragon claw if he's physically based, but yeah, he'll need more. Plus, his grass/dragon typing lets him take neutral damage from blaziken's fire attacks. I'm definitely going to chose him as a starter now.

It's now weak to Ice by 4X though, and it finally fears the holy Azumarill.

As much as I love treecko (heck, it was my first EVER starter. I started the series with Ruby.), I would look at its new mega stats and move sets before my final decision.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Does anyone expect Blaziken to have another Megevolution ?
    There's a solid reason behind it !
    Most people already got Mega Blaziken though event so it become old.
    so Most Player might chose Treeko & Mubkip over Torchic because their Megevolution is Brand new .
    So The game might have another new Megevolution of Torchic to keep player interested .

I don't want another fire starter that is already kind of broken with his mega to get another one.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    It's now weak to Ice by 4X though, and it finally fears the holy Azumarill.
    Azumarill is much slower than Sceptile. I don't think it will fear Azumarill that much. I think Togekiss, Whimsicott, Florges, Mega Gardevoir, and Mega Mawile will give it much more trouble.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Azumarill is much slower than Sceptile. I don't think it will fear Azumarill that much. I think Togekiss, Whimsicott, Florges, Mega Gardevoir, and Mega Mawile will give it much more trouble.

Fairy types in general. As an avid dragon type fan, I seriously disapprove of the Fairy type. Dragons may be tougher but heck they are slow to train.

Luckily the fairy type lacks good moves (just Dazzling Gleam, Play Rough and Moonblast) overall, but this will change after generations.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Fairy types in general. As an avid dragon type fan, I seriously disapprove of the Fairy type. Dragons may be tougher but heck they are slow to train.

Luckily the fairy type lacks good moves (just Dazzling Gleam, Play Rough and Moonblast) overall, but this will change after generations.

Maybe fairy will get new moves in the remake from tutors.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back