• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Megakarp

Saud-Blaziken

You Think You Can Beat Me?!
Years
  • My cousin is lucky
    he was fishing in the resort area and suddenly a shiny level 60 magikarp
    so now he has a gyrados...

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2009
    The best would be to catch a level 99 and then train it to a level 100 gyaradous.

Ayselipera

Nahh the highest I ever saw was in its 50s or 60s.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm rushing through my current Platinum file to do all the after-League stuff I didn't do on the last one. Catching a level 100 Magikarp is definitely on the list. I'll probably try to catch another high-leveled Karp that I'll evolve. It'll be total lulz to own people with Magikarp though.

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • I honestly love doing the opposite than what's described here. Instead of fishing up a "megakarp" as it's described here... I think it's much more of a thrilling experience to level up a Magikarp from level 1 to 100. The many epic journeys and adventures you shall have! (And correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure the LVL1 Magikarp would eventually become stronger than a freshly caught LVL100 "Megakarp" would?)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    Cool xD
    I didn't even know that there are Pokemon that are so high leveled in the Resort Area, I've gotta try that!

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • Cool xD
    I didn't even know that there are Pokemon that are so high leveled in the Resort Area, I've gotta try that!

I think that's the point. Roaming around not seeing any level 100 Pokemon, then you suddenly see a level 100 Magikarp? It's kind of dangerous, and spicy.

...Like putting a lit match in your mouth.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Highest Ive seen is 80 something. Got bored after a while.

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    The highest I've I've seen was 81 I think, it even has the perfect nature for ev training

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2010
    I luckily found a lv100 Shiny Magikarp in Resort Area and it Ko'd my team.

Back