• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Megaman Battle Network and Megaman Battle Chip Challenge Need Switch Reboots

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    As someone who was addicted to Battle Network as a kid, I'd lovelovelove to see more done with it. Even if it's just a port. ;_;

Me too. Battle Chip Challenge was also really good. If they revive one I hope they also do the other

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    I loved MMBN 3 ;_; I never got to play any of the other ones... I love the esports-like game world and even watched a bit of the show

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    Well, in the megaman battle network universe, battling with sentient software avatars is kind of a esport. It has sort of a pokemon vibe, but rather than collect the avatars. you collect the chips that give your avatar special attacks. I just think its a neat concept. From what it seemed to me, it felt like a lot of that world revolved around the esport, but I might be wrong.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Well, in the megaman battle network universe, battling with sentient software avatars is kind of a esport. It has sort of a pokemon vibe, but rather than collect the avatars. you collect the chips that give your avatar special attacks. I just think its a neat concept. From what it seemed to me, it felt like a lot of that world revolved around the esport, but I might be wrong.

Gotcha. Never thought about it that way. Too cool

Years
    ... The obscure gamer would like to report his finidings.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/886200/EndCycle_VS/
    EndCycle - Not a 100% game of the favored battle network, but draws a lot of inspiration from it.

https://www.mmbnchronox.com/
    Megaman BN: Chronox - A fanmade game with some impressive results.

https://www.triwinggame.com/
    Triwing - A somewhat direct rip of the original with some rule changes. Currently out on Android; unknown if there's a steam release or other.

I can also post my experience to my large and long list on gamer obscurea if folks feel this title is lost to the trash bin of time.

Diarkia124

The Jack Master
    Years
    I heard that this series wouldn't get a legacy collection but rather a gatcha game which is lame.

I played Chrono X a few years back but I know updates take time and I would love to see the game finished.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    I heard that this series wouldn't get a legacy collection but rather a gatcha game which is lame.

I played Chrono X a few years back but I know updates take time and I would love to see the game finished.

Idk what a gatcha game is lol

Years
    Idk what a gatcha game is lol

Slot Machine game...

It's basically what android games are now; more popular ones anyway. Best example, Android game has a card game. They give you a deck that sucks. You have one of 2 options. Earn cards through events, back-breaking labor just tapping a button and praying to RNJESUS that you get the card you want or two, pay for it with cash out of your pocket... which if your not playing after a day to a week, they send push notifications to your phone, hoping to get you to play and PAY them for a game that ain't even worth 10 cents... South Park did an episode about it, but that's just bare bones of what it is... kind of, there's more to it, but it drains back accounts if not careful or they 'Gotcha.' Bad Puns intended.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    I don't think I played chip challenge but I remember loving one or two of the battle network games and 100% agree a collection on the switch would be a great idea!

Doesn't seem too far-fetched either with their previous mega man collections!
    Spoiler:

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years
    Battle Network should get a reboot, it's a fantastic series and I'm sad that it ended with 6. A modern re-release (something akin to the Castlevania Advance Collection) would be amazing for newer fans or people who can't afford to shell out ridiculous prices for GBA copies.

A Starforce collection would be amazing as well.

I'd also love if they started to make new games as well, though I'll be honest I'd be nervous about how the graphics would look "modernized".

Back