• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Megaman/Mega Man/Rockman {all series}

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2021
    You saw the title, now come participate! This thread is open for all Mega Man series from Classic to Zero to Star Force. Keep all comments polite and to the rules, 'lest ye be forced to walk the or else you'll be warned/banned/however that goes.

*Also, please, for the sake of the rules and everyone's happiness, do not continuously bring up/argue about the MML3 issue and bash the MML fanbase. (I know the whole thing's going on strong right now, as I'm still keeping an eye on it, but honestly now, the whole "MML Fandom vs. The Gaming World" thing is starting to get really old, and I'm tired of seeing the arguing associated with it.) Feel free to post links for the Get Me Off The Moon/100,000 Strong for MML3 things, but do not spam this thread with your pleas to help the fanbase get MML3.*

Now, get to it! :3 I'm sure there's more Mega Man fans over here~.

(EDIT: ALSO, I'm sure the MML3 comment is a bit uncalled for, but really, I just everyone to get along and be happy, dangit.)

Last edited:

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • I've always had a soft spot for MegaMan, but absolutely fell in love when I first played MegaMan X for the SNES. Since then, I've been a MegaMan nut. I still love the Legends series the most, and I really hope to see MegaMan Legends 3 get pulled back into the fray. It is a long awaited and needed sequel. I may have to go and play some Legends (1 or 2, don't know yet) later. :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2021
    I've always had a soft spot for MegaMan, but absolutely fell in love when I first played MegaMan X for the SNES. Since then, I've been a MegaMan nut. I still love the Legends series the most, and I really hope to see MegaMan Legends 3 get pulled back into the fray. It is a long awaited and needed sequel. I may have to go and play some Legends (1 or 2, don't know yet) later. :D
    Almost every site I've gone to has had a bit of X fans here and there. I'm not much of an X fan in honesty, but I do like Zero and Axl, character wise. :3 The Colonel/Iris storyline is also interesting to me. I might just have to play the X games to get to that storyline. XD

I'm still not entirely getting the whole idea with the "carbons" race in the time between Zero series and Legends series. Are they human/robot hybrids or what?

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • Well, as you know, we as human are all Carbon based life forms. Since, in the Legends world, Trigger, Juno, Sera, Yuna, etc... are all of mechanical origin, they see us as such: Carbon base life forms. BUT from what I understood, the Carbons were created by Mother in Elysium. This is what MegaMan Juno is referring to in Legends with the Carbon Re-initialization Program. Trigger is a Purifier Unit meant to keep the Carbon numbers down, but since he had malfunctioned he wasn't able to carry out his primary directive. This meant that it was up to Juno to wipe out the current human population on Kattelox Island and start with a new and fresh population where there is no overcrowding.

I do hope that this is not too much, and that it helps many to better understand... lol :D

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • My personal preference out of all at least gameplay wise is Battle Network. I like the story of X the best. I really don't like the condition of the franchise at this point. Megaman was snubbed yet again from Capcom vs. Marvel even though he had the most votes irrc. I just hope Megaman makes it too SSB 4 but I feel like I am hoping in vain. And other then Megaman 9 and 10 it doesn't feel like much new games have been released in recent years. If they are not going to produce MML3 then come up with a new series since it seems ZX and Starforce are all but dead(which really doesn't break my heart since I wasn't fond of either). I hated the battle interface of Starforce, and it seemed to be lacking something that I felt throughout the series that I really couldn't put my thumb on.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2021
    Well, as you know, we as human are all Carbon based life forms. Since, in the Legends world, Trigger, Juno, Sera, Yuna, etc... are all of mechanical origin, they see us as such: Carbon base life forms. BUT from what I understood, the Carbons were created by Mother in Elysium. This is what MegaMan Juno is referring to in Legends with the Carbon Re-initialization Program. Trigger is a Purifier Unit meant to keep the Carbon numbers down, but since he had malfunctioned he wasn't able to carry out his primary directive. This meant that it was up to Juno to wipe out the current human population on Kattelox Island and start with a new and fresh population where there is no overcrowding.

I do hope that this is not too much, and that it helps many to better understand... lol :D

So more or less, Carbons would technically be some sort of artificial human, like an android. Or this is just a ridiculously scifi-ized version of the idea of God and the angels watching over the humans on Earth. XD

My personal preference out of all at least gameplay wise is Battle Network. I like the story of X the best. I really don't like the condition of the franchise at this point. Megaman was snubbed yet again from Capcom vs. Marvel even though he had the most votes irrc. I just hope Megaman makes it too SSB 4 but I feel like I am hoping in vain. And other then Megaman 9 and 10 it doesn't feel like much new games have been released in recent years. If they are not going to produce MML3 then come up with a new series since it seems ZX and Starforce are all but dead(which really doesn't break my heart since I wasn't fond of either). I hated the battle interface of Starforce, and it seemed to be lacking something that I felt throughout the series that I really couldn't put my thumb on.
    Yeah, the condition of the franchise is worrying a lot of people at this point. But supposedly, Capcom's planning something for Mega Man's 25 anniversary. While I don't know much about what that something is, at this point it could be practically anything, from a new series to artbooks to an anime of an old series. But that's not until December 2012, so we have quite a while to figure it out.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Still when we have to wait a year to wait for something is discerning. It seemed like used to they could pump out games every year not just one but ones from different series. Now it's just one in a blue moon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2021
    True, the long wait is a bit too much to handle considering the way that Capcom used to handle distribution of the MM games.

Then again, time has changed, though I can't say Capcom's changed for the better. It's too bad that Keiji Inafune left Capcom last year, but dang, I didn't think the franchise's status could get this bad.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2021
    Mega Man X is the best thing that ever happened to this franchise.
    It's a "Your Mileage May Vary" kind-of thing, but I still keep with what I said earlier about the X series.

I'm also partial to the Zero series, because it's the first MM series I've had playing experience in. (GOSHDARN YOU STUPID CEILING SPIKES!!) The cyber elves are also cute. X3

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • It's a "Your Mileage May Vary" kind-of thing, but I still keep with what I said earlier about the X series.

I'm also partial to the Zero series, because it's the first MM series I've had playing experience in. (GOSHDARN YOU STUPID CEILING SPIKES!!) The cyber elves are also cute. X3

Mega Man X is the only game in the whole series to absolutely perfect JUMP AND SHOOT AND RUN RIGHT gameplay. Dashing an wall jumping are such genius additions. They streamline the experience, and not having screen transitions lets the game flow better. It also has better and more varied level designs, thanks to the in slopes and longer jumps that were allowed by dashing. Wall jumping allowed X to go straight up without having to climb a ladder, simplifying it. Boomer Kuwanger's level is a perfect example. There were more memorable moments and the gameplay was polished to a shine. The introduction of X getting stronger with armor upgrades, sub-tanks and health upgrades added something even more. It's an absolute peak for the series in platforming. Mega Man 1 - 10, & Bass, Zero, ZX, Advent, even other games in the X series, they all just can't pull off the platforming bliss, the perfection that Mega Man X had and still has.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2021
    Mega Man X is the only game in the whole series to absolutely perfect JUMP AND SHOOT AND RUN RIGHT gameplay. Dashing an wall jumping are such genius additions. They streamline the experience, and not having screen transitions lets the game flow better. It also has better and more varied level designs, thanks to the in slopes and longer jumps that were allowed by dashing. Wall jumping allowed X to go straight up without having to climb a ladder, simplifying it. Boomer Kuwanger's level is a perfect example. There were more memorable moments and the gameplay was polished to a shine. The introduction of X getting stronger with armor upgrades, sub-tanks and health upgrades added something even more. It's an absolute peak for the series in platforming. Mega Man 1 - 10, & Bass, Zero, ZX, Advent, even other games in the X series, they all just can't pull off the platforming bliss, the perfection that Mega Man X had and still has.
    Wait, wasn't wall jumping added to the later Zero and ZX series? *can't remember very well*

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Wall jumping is apart of the Zero series if that's what you mean. But as TWPG said it was originally instituted in the X series. As was the crouching down in X5(although I don't know if they implemented that in the Zero series.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2021
    Wall jumping is apart of the Zero series if that's what you mean. But as TWPG said it was originally instituted in the X series. As was the crouching down in X5(although I don't know if they implemented that in the Zero series.
    Yeah, I got that. I was just asking if it was used in the series. I think they did crouching down in the Zero series, though. (I'm pretty sure I used it several times when I had trouble figuring out the button system. XD)

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Doesn't it prompt you on the buttons or show you which ones do what moves and if you want to switch to an alternative form or customize you actions.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2021
    Doesn't it prompt you on the buttons or show you which ones do what moves and if you want to switch to an alternative form or customize you actions.
    I have no idea. I haven't played my copy of Zero Collection since 4 days after getting it. XD

Aside from that, I finally got around to playing Megaman Battle Network 3 Blue version....... Let's just say I'd need some hardcore training to be a decent netbattler. XD

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • I have no idea. I haven't played my copy of Zero Collection since 4 days after getting it. XD

Aside from that, I finally got around to playing Megaman Battle Network 3 Blue version....... Let's just say I'd need some hardcore training to be a decent netbattler. XD
    Ah yes. The "Battle Network" series was the first MegaMan series I had ever played. I started with BN 3: Blue, then BN 4: Red Sun, then to BN 5: Team Colonel, and lastly to BN 6: Cybeast Gregar. I played Starforce 2: Zerker X Ninja as well. Oh, and MegaMan and Bass was another one I played. My favoritism lies within the "Battle Network" series. I remember getting MegaMan.EXE to have over 2000 HP, but never getting past the special areas that unlock after beating the main final boss.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I really fell in love with the Battle Network series (even though I didn't get a chance to play the last couple games they had :( ) and the Zero series. Apart from those, I wasn't a huge huge fan. Played a bit of the Megaman X stuff, which I did enjoy... but most of my attention went to Battle Network and its sequels.

Weren't they suppose to do some sort of crossover with Battle Network and the following series? Thought I remembered reading something about that a while back.

BTW, cool avatar Squeaker Ed. :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2021
    Oh BUTTERFINGERS, I forgot about this thread. My bad! XD

Ah yes. The "Battle Network" series was the first MegaMan series I had ever played. I started with BN 3: Blue, then BN 4: Red Sun, then to BN 5: Team Colonel, and lastly to BN 6: Cybeast Gregar. I played Starforce 2: Zerker X Ninja as well. Oh, and MegaMan and Bass was another one I played. My favoritism lies within the "Battle Network" series. I remember getting MegaMan.EXE to have over 2000 HP, but never getting past the special areas that unlock after beating the main final boss.
    I've only played a hint of BN3 Blue, but I've more or less gave up on it for the time being since I got Pokemon Black to play.

I really fell in love with the Battle Network series (even though I didn't get a chance to play the last couple games they had :( ) and the Zero series. Apart from those, I wasn't a huge huge fan. Played a bit of the Megaman X stuff, which I did enjoy... but most of my attention went to Battle Network and its sequels.

Weren't they suppose to do some sort of crossover with Battle Network and the following series? Thought I remembered reading something about that a while back.

BTW, cool avatar Squeaker Ed. :D
    The only few that even caught my interest (without playing them) were the Legends, Battle Network, and Star Force series. Currently, I'm mostly into BN and SF with Classic becoming a favorite, while I've sort-of distanced myself from the Legends series, which is funny considering that's the series that first seemed cool to me.

The crossover you're talking about is probably the Rockman.EXE Operation Shooting Star game they released in Japan. All it was was just a newer version of BN1 with a minor story pot involving the Star Force characters. It would've gotten a fan translation, but the leading person on that wasn't able to get far on it.

(Thanks. XD Gotta love Tai, right?)

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I played Megaman X on the PS1 and Megaman Battle Network. Man... Battle Network has a very nice story. I never played Star Force.

Back