• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Megaman/Mega Man/Rockman {all series}

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2021
    Indeed, BN had a pretty good storyline. To me, it seemed that it went deeper than most series' storylines. It was also a nice break from the robots timeline.

Star Force went on to advance what's now known as the Network timeline, but many people thought it was too much like BN to begin with. Some now think that it was underrated and was barely advertised, citing that as the reason for Star Force's failure to become a best-selling series (or something like that). Personally, Star Force is just awesome for using constellations/the Western zodiac as the theme for the bosses.

OH RIGHT. I just remembered that I finally have the chance to play some of the classic MM games from the NES. <3 Sweeeeeeeet.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • Yeah! Exactly! BN was a good transition from the "robot" idea (never really liked 'em much). I do like SF for the zodiac idea. Especially since my favorite boss is...
    WARNING:
    Spoiler tag used for a reason!
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2021
    Yeah! Exactly! BN was a good transition from the "robot" idea (never really liked 'em much). I do like SF for the zodiac idea. Especially since my favorite boss is...
    WARNING:
    Spoiler tag used for a reason!
    Spoiler:
    It's funny because when I first got into the Megaman games, it was generally through Battle Network's anime, because at the time, I really didn't like robots in general. Then again, the Network timeline doesn't involve robots for the most part, so I guess it's a good thing BN and SF exist now.

I guess my favorite SF boss, from what I've seen, is Gemini Spark. I feel sorry for Pat, considering how he is.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Never liked Starforce.

BN was decent, but... I prefer anything with Zero in it. MMZ and MMZX are my favorites.

The only thing I really disliked about ZX was that, to me, it was hard to travel around.

ZX, to me, seemed more like a epilogue to the MMZ series instead of a whole new game though. Well, parts of it anyway.

Edit - I'd proably like the later X games since Zero is selectable. I've only played X5 and it was great... Until I got Win 7 and the game refused to run on it. (Yes, I have the somewhat hard to find PC version. A real copy, not pirated.)

Edit (Again) Why did BN 5 TC/TP get a DS release and BN 6 G/F didn't? I never really understood that.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2021
    Why did BN 5 TC/TP get a DS release and BN 6 G/F didn't? I never really understood that.
    /shrug

As far as I can figure out, maybe it's because there was more of a possibility to have special modifications or features to the BN5 games instead of BN6. (I would say it's because of decreasing interest in the BN games, but at that point, I'm still not sure. I do know that there were voice clips from the anime used for BN5 DS, but I'm not sure what that would mean.)

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • Actually, as cool as BN 6 was, it seemed pretty short in storyline. It gave me the feeling that the developers were trying to move on to something else bigger, but didn't want to leave BN fans at a cliffhanger that never gets finished. So, I'm not really sure. BTW, Gemini Spark is pretty amazing as well, but since I bought Ninja, I was able to spam grass attacks easily and beat them in less than a second. No joke. But I do like the fact that when you beat him, he automatically ranks up to EX, then SP. You don't need to roam the Wave World hoping to find that higher ranking boss.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2021
    Well, wasn't it around BN6's time that Capcom was beginning work on SF? If so, then maybe they wanted to finish off the BN series before really working on SF.

Back