• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Megaman - The MEGABUSTER Challenge! 2.0

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Megaman - The MEGABUSTER Challenge!

5ac9b170f104c5843353b0f52d3e63fc1375563630_full.png

20070801215147!Image-Icon-Megaman-Helmet-Megaman.png
    Introduction

Hello there, and welcome to the Megaman: Megabuster Challenge event thread! In this challenge, you are all free to play any sort of megaman games, with just one catch - you are ONLY allowed to use your megabuster! Yes, only your megabuster - from defeating enemies, to defeating robot or navi bosses, you must only use your megabuster to complete everything because Dr. Light forgot to give you spare equipment and Lan spend all his zenny on food instead of battle chips, etc.​

Rules

- The final day to post all logs and progress is February 7th 2015, (or about a month from now) which is when the event will end!
    - Please don't use any cheat devices or codes. D:
    - If you want to join, refer to the Sign-Up Section below!
    - Feel free to use emulators if you wish - you don't have to play these games on a normal handheld or console!
    - Try to jot down your progress in this thread - juuust to see that you're at least attempting it, if its a little tough to beat.
    - And of course, you ARE allowed to use any health powerups or any sort of health regeneration to keep your health up, or, you're allowed to powerup your megabuster, if you're doing this challenge on the megaman battle network series.
    - If there's ANY megaman boss that's immune to the megabuster, you are allowed to use the powerup that can only work for the boss, in which that'll be the only exception.
    - Got any other questions? Feel free to ask in this thread!​

Restrictions & Legibility

Actually, I believe in this challenge, any sort of megaman game is possible, and you're allowed to play any megaman game in the series, or side series, like the original megaman series, the megaman battle network series, the megaman starforce series, etc. Feel free to choose any megaman game you want!​

Prizes

Aw, but, what's a little event-challenge without prizes in store? For participating, you'll get this emblem! (And possibly a secret one, ohoho):

5zK1uOU.gif

Sign-Up Sheet

If you want to participate, fill out this SUS below!

Username:
    Game:

For example:
    Username: Dragon
    Game: Megaman Battle Network 1

Challengers

Spoiler:

Yukari

I was tempted to beat the game and then post here. I'll be back in an hour when I beat the game.

Username: Orpheus
    Game: Megaman X

Oh yeah, the only boss in this game that is immune to the X buster is Sigma, just to let you know.
    I know this game forwards, backwards, sideways inside and out. Yes I'm a huge Megaman X fan.

Last edited:

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • I'm probably asking for an *** kicking, but WTH.

Username: Dying Light
    Game: Megaman Battle Network 6: Cybeast Gregar

Time for teh navis to rip me to shreds!

Yukari

Alright, so I'm almost done with this game. I just need to beat sigma now, and then I'll be done.

I'm kinda really pissed off that I can't collect all the upgrades and E tanks since some of them (Two health upgrades and one E tank, to be specific.) require the use of special weapons other then the X Buster. (Specifically the Fire Wave and Boomerang Cutter, just saying.) This also makes some battles more difficult then necessary. Also Armored Armadillo is really freaking hard with just the X buster.

All this said, I LOVE THIS CHALLENGE!!! I'll edit this post when I'm done.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand I'm done. The final battle was really challenging, and a little too difficult if you ask me. I had too use rolling shield on his final form though, since he's immune to the X buster. But the rules state that in a situation like that I could actually use the weapon they are weak too.

Last edited:

Sloan Kettering

Robot Master
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Aug 17, 2018
    Well, the original series is kind of impossible since Wily is immune to everything but the shittiest weapons in some of the games. Like in Mega Man 2; Bubble Lead or die.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    Username: Sir Pedro (new name)
    Game: Mega Man?

What better way to get back into the Mega Man franchise? Haven't played in years.

Yukari

Well, the original series is kind of impossible since Wily is immune to everything but the shittiest weapons in some of the games. Like in Mega Man 2; Bubble Lead or die.
    If an enemy is immune to the Megabuster, (Like Wily, as you pointed out) Then you get to make an exception according to the rules.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • Wow... been playing at "several-hour-long-stints" and finally got to JudgeMan. This'll be a pain. My last playthrough was hard enough with Battle Chips, but now...

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Username: Sonata
    Game: Megaman X

I've never really played a megaman game all the way through, so we'll see how this goes.

Years
  • Username: skyluigi2
    Game: Mega Man 3

Definitely going to give this a shot! Trying Mega Man 3 because I haven't actually played that one yet, even though I own it on the 3DS.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Username: CoffeeDrink
    Game: Mega Man 2 & 3

I'll be going for a home run on these. There is one or two bosses in Mega Man 2 that require the use of Solely the Crash Bomb, and the final boss is immune to everything except the Bubble Lead. I haven't played the game in ages, but the memories sure stick with you. I think if there were a matching game with who's weapon is which I think I'd fair pretty well.

Edit: I forgot how much suck Heat Man's level is. Those disappearing blocks were an absolute pain to get through without Rush. Never again.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Alright, I haven't really posted any updates on my attempt at this challenge yet... so here goes!
    I've currently having trouble with Snake Man's stage, but so far I've beaten Gemini Man, Spark Man, Top Man and Magnet Man. I'm getting there!

Years
  • There is a lack of Legends in here. I must remedy this.

Username:
    RedJ
    Game: Mega Man Legends 2

EDIT: Heading into endgame. This is turning out to be easier than I thought it would be, but then again I haven't fought the final boss yet.

EDIT 2: Annnd done. The final boss most certainly was not easy, but I did somehow manage to beat her in my first try.

I might try X5 or Zero 1 next for giggles.

Last edited:

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • You know, most of these bosses are pretty easy? Mega Man II is one of my all time favorites, and it's mainly the terrain that does me in. The 'robot lock' boss that is only weak to Crash Man's weapon is always a pain. Always. You have to be very precise and if you screw up, you don't get any more energy. So I had to use Bubble Lead to kill the Alien, big deal. You can't kill it any other way, but if you don't count the Alien as the final boss then my work with Mega Man II is done. *groan* on to Megaman III which is considerably more difficult with the buster. . .

DerpyTails

PokeBrony
    Years
  • Okay, my Challenge is done, here's my stats:

Lives Lost: 13 or so
    Continues Lost: 1
    Had to use some powers on the Final Boss due to Discord being immune to the Sparkle Buster
    My Time:
    Spoiler:

Back