• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mekakucity Actors

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
  • I thought shafts were deep :o

Spoiler:
    Not Japanese SHAFT.
    They just DEEPly smoke weed.

(DEEP stands for Daily, Even, Everything, Possible)

I think I need to switch my theme now. xD
    Marryyyyyyyyyyyy-chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • Looks like SHAFT read my MAL/Hummingbird review.
    Spoiler:

They fixed a bunch of problems, answered a bunch of questions, and produced an excellent episode.
    They even used the Original Vocaloid song.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Spoiler:

They fixed a bunch of problems, answered a bunch of questions, and produced an excellent episode.

After reading it and then checking out the episode... It's kind of creepy.

Or maybe her voice just sounds a lot like the original vocaloid song.

Someone explain that bit after the ending. I'm too tired to come up with theories.

Akiba

Years
  • After reading it and then checking out the episode... It's kind of creepy.

It is creepy. Since I posted it a week ago, there's a large possibility that they've read it... And decided to listen to me.

Synchronous said:
    One downside of the anime is the quality of the song covers placed at the last scene of certain episodes. The singing is sometimes unclear, which leads many to feel that it would be more fitting to use the original songs, or even some of the high quality covers sung by Utaite.

Why else would they suddenly decide to use the Vocaloid song, after using human singers for the previous episodes?

Someone explain that bit after the ending. I'm too tired to come up with theories.

I think this is the part right before Ayano
    Spoiler:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Spoiler:

IMPASSIBURU! SHAFT PRODUCED SOMETHING DECENT IN MEKAKU?! o.O
    Where is the world going now?!

yahiko

god among mortals
    Years
  • I love this show! :) I found the songs awhile back and was hoping that there was an anime that was linked to them. I am still figuring out the idea of this show but i think i understand 90% of it.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Final episode, yikes. I'm going to have to rewatch this series, but this user's post helped me understand things more:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Candy

Years
  • Spoiler:

Final episode, yikes. I'm going to have to rewatch this series, but this user's post helped me understand things more:

Spoiler:

Wow. Whoever posted that has finally made me understand whatever the heck is going on in the last 2 episodes.

Spoiler:

Throughout the anime, I found a major disappoint in the cover songs though. I mean, I've found Utaite(s?) that covers the songs better than the people they chose to cover the songs.

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
  • I know I will get flamed for this but I found this anime rubbish. I could barely understand what was going on most of the time and I only enjoyed the first episode.

Akiba

Years
  • I know I will get flamed for this but I found this anime rubbish. I could barely understand what was going on most of the time and I only enjoyed the first episode.

Honestly, no one will blame you.

Read my review here. I think you'll mostly agree.

Candy

Years

I really can't blame you. The covers aren't really the best, the story isn't really what I expected, we barely get any proper information about what actually happened in episodes 8, 11 and 12 and the rest is just plain confusing.

Years
  • omg we had a thread for this. :0 I am blind!

I marathoned this series a few days ago and just want to say that I adore Kano more than I can ever say. Always had a thing for Izaya and Xerxes Break-like characters so his jokes and attitude made me smile whenever he was on screen.

But other than that, yes, it was very confusing and trippy at times - the constant jumping between scenes hurt my head. I still struggle to understand anything and probably never will. It was mostly just the characters that kept me going.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I just feel like... nothing happened. And unless they decided to expand upon the "events that happened on August 14th and 15th that brought a group of kids together" I really don't even think a 24-episode series could have saved this. I felt like a majority of the time we were learning about the characters' pasts and why the characters were who they were instead of developing them and moving past their cookie cutter personalities. It also didn't help that whenever we were watching events in the "present" we spent a lot of that time listening to Kido's information dumps.

This show lacked focus. I know it's Shaft and they like to skip around but I don't think they should have messed with this timeline as much as they did. The first episode left me interested, and the second one didn't really help all that much when, instead of being thrown back into what was happening with Shintaro we were introduced to a couple new characters. After the first episode, the ending of the others didn't leave me with the want to find out more, but instead with frustration because I felt like nothing actually happened.

It was nice that the anime payed homage to the songs and their bizarre events, but what was up with throwing weird ♥♥♥♥ at us and not explaining it? Why was Ene running through a collapsing city? Why did Hibiya and that girl experience the same day over and over? What was up with Konoha's body again? How did Shintaro not recognize Ene at all when it was so obvious to the viewers they were the same person when she was introduced (or maybe just me, @_@)?

Yeah.. I might just be overly critical of this anime since it was sooo hyped and I saw probably a million gifsets for this anime a day on Tumblr. But yeah. There are "confusing" stories like Kyousogiga that can shine, and those like MA that become balls of yarn that can never be unraveled. I admit, I couldn't think of a good analogy for that last one, but you get the idea lol.

Back