• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mem-Zapper

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Hi PC folks~ Hypothetically speaking...

Let's say I have invented a device that, let's say, erase a "certain part" of your memory. And guess what? I'm letting you test it out! Now, If you were to accept this device, what part of your memory would you erase? Why would you?

Or, you can simply not accept this device. In that case, do you believe that your memories are too important to let go, or be erased? If so, why wouldn't you choose to erase a certain part of your memory?

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2015
    I think I have the prototype of it somehow already installed in my head, and I have no control over it. The memories I want to erase stays, and the memories I need to stay disappears...And after reading the first post, I think I finally know who's responsible for it......

I won't report you to the authorities as long as you install v.2 of it in my head, and teach me how to control it. I'd like to delete recent memories of step dad please. He's no bueno.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Can you make the opposite device?

I think there are more things that I'd like to remember than things I'd like to forget.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Most memories relating to my upbringing, as my childhood through to my late teens have almost nothing I wish to remember. The experiences I had at the hands of my family and those around me at that time of my life have only left me with insecurities and loathing.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I'd probably erase my memories of good video games and movies so I can play/watch them for the first time again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again...

Mass Effect

Sirfetch’d

Any bad memory really. I've had a lot of rough times in my life that I'd like to just completely forget about. For example, if I could completely forget the struggles with depression...I might be much happier. Though I guess going through some of that made me who I am so maybe forgetting it isn't the best idea?

Maybe I would just erase my junior year in high school as that was quite a boring and uneventful time in my life :x

Lucid

I wouldn't erase anything probably. I've been through some awful shit, but it's shaped me as a person. As many bad experiences as I've had and had to put up with, I'm at the point where I can honestly say I like myself now.

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
    I agree with Lucid. I haven't gone through particularly shitty shit, but I wouldn't choose to erase a part of my memory. I've made enough mistakes I wouldn't mind not having to deal with making them in the future, but I don't regret anything that's happened to me.

I am who I am because I am who I was. y'know I meen?

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Any bad memory really. I've had a lot of rough times in my life that I'd like to just completely forget about. For example, if I could completely forget the struggles with depression...I might be much happier. Though I guess going through some of that made me who I am so maybe forgetting it isn't the best idea?

Maybe I would just erase my junior year in high school as that was quite a boring and uneventful time in my life :x

On one hand, I think it's important to remember our struggles. On the other hand, depression is one of those things that takes and takes and doesn't give much reward in terms of life experience. It does forge you in a way, but it drains so much from you beforehand that forgetting it ever happened is an appealing option.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    There's a lot I'd like to forget... But I don't think I'd be the same person I am if I lost those memories. And I don't want to change who I am, but grow and evolve myself throughout life. So I think I'd decline taking the device.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    I would prefer the opposite device haha.

I wouldnt forget any memory because negative feelings and moments are part of life, and we learn from them. However, maybe I would like to forget some of my weird quirks from when I was in Kindergarden. Then again, everyone does.

Years
    There are definitely some memories I have that I would be so very tempted to get rid of, because to this day they're still sensitive and at times it seems like they're there just for me to roll over again and again in my head, wondering if I should have done this, why did I do that, why on earth did I ever think that...

...But even so, I don't think I would erase those memories even if I could. As much as I wonder how badly they affect me even now, I've also learned from them - on how to act, how not to act, stuff like that, and I think losing those lessons is far worse than keeping those memories.

So I wouldn't do it.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I wouldn't want to erase anything, even bad memories, because a lot of those things made me who I am and some of them still motivate me today.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I was gonna say "high school" because first two years of high school was the worst in my life, buuuutt...

I want to erase all the memories I made during my trip to Kansas City a few months ago. It was amazing, yes, but there is someone who made a big impact in my life whom I no longer want to be a part of my life anymore. So I would love to delete everything that is related to him.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
    I would not like to erase any of my memories good or bad as these memories would motivated me and help me to improve myself better than ever.

Yukari

Well there are certain events from last year I would rather not remember. And I can say that any change would only be for the better, as I have done nothing but blame myself for them and haven't been able to move on from them even though it isn't totally my fault.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    I swear someone's used this bloody device on me already as my memory gets really hazy in places!

I think I'd give the idea of inserting further gaps into my memory a miss.

Also if you are prone to depression etc, I feel that's more to do with your identity and struggling with your mind itself as opposed to your memory. I think having a good memory of how you deal with things like that and how you don't deal with things like that is pretty important to have, personally. If there were people you found toxic etc that you simply forgot about, you could walk right into the same trap twice!

Back