• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Memberbase!

Years
  • Well. I like the community as a whole. Majority of people are friendly and easy going. I used to enjoy the trolling nature of DuelistGroundz a few years ago, where people got smashed and the members were quite rowdy and such. It was good fun but it's just not quite my cup of tea any more. While PC might be a little too easy going for my liking at times, I certainly prefer this extreme to the other. I don't particularly interact with too many people on a personal level but that's just the way I am.

Years
  • Ooh, I really like this thread!

I do like the community here a whole lot - most people are literate (though it's plausible if they're not, so long as I can understand them) and easy to hold a conversation with. I don't run into many sarcastic or outright rude people here either and the mods are friendly, which is a big plus.

Like the above, though, I don't interact with many people here (people must think I bite p:) but that's not because I don't want to talk to anyone. I'm just a rather quiet person and usually don't leave any VMs.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Y'all are aiight.

Honestly though, I've never really had a huge problem with anyone here. Most people are great and friendly and even the staff are pretty cool people (not sucking up I swear). I've also met more friends online here than I have anywhere else, which is a huge plus. In fact, the members are so cool here that I keep my profile wide open in case anyone at all wants to drop me a line or talk or whatever, since I just feel the community vibe here more than any other forum I've been to. No need to completely close myself off to people in such a community, right?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • PC's got quality members, I think. Most people are pretty amiable and intelligent. 'specially compared to, uh, practically any other site I've ever been to.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Well I can say that we have some hot members here!! People are all around very friendly and approachable, as well as the mods. Not all.

Last edited:

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    PC's got quality members, I think. Most people are pretty amiable and intelligent. 'specially compared to, uh, practically any other site I've ever been to.
    Your positive appraisal of this community will change for the worst as you spend more time here, I assure you.

In any case, it should be clear that I have a very low opinion of the member base. The majority of people here are nothing more than sycophants, constantly groveling at the feet of narcissists who have inflated senses of importance just because they have colourful names or they have four-digit post counts or some other nonsense.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I pretty much share the sentiments of Vendak and Jack; Most are nothing special but few really stand out and shine. There are some new members here that are pretty awesome, and a few oldies that are rockin' Depends on which section you want to browse, really. Sometimes you find some cool people in sections you dont frequent as often.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I only partly agree with Jack - there are definitely sycophants on PC but I don't think they're a majority.

In general, I find PC to be like a nicer version of society. Sure, there are some people who are arrogant, rude, shallow etc. but all in all most members here are generally nice people!

Years
  • I'd say the memberbase as a whole is pretty good, the rules and the staff enforcing them have done a pretty good job of keeping trolls and such out. However I do slightly agree with Jack, not as extream but I do agree that the amount of members who post mostly on the site so they can get rewards such as emblems or promotions. Most of which is done by jumping up and down in from of staff to get their attention.
    There doesn't seem to be that many of them now though because they've got what they wanted and have started acting like normal members.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
  • i like how the memberbase is generally active. i haven't had a lot of unpleasant encounters in here, so i find a lot of the users here quite likeable.

Back