• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Members having trouble getting on

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
Years
  • Well im talking to a few of my PC friends on MSN Messenger and they're saying they cant even get on PC! heres what it keeps saying to them when they type in PC's URL:

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
    File: /home/pokecomm/public_html/includes/config.php
    Line: 205

anyone know whats going on for them?

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • Sapphire Latios said:
    Well im talking to a few of my PC friends on MSN Messenger and they're saying they cant even get on PC! heres what it keeps saying to them when they type in PC's URL:

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
    File: /home/pokecomm/public_html/includes/config.php
    Line: 205

anyone know whats going on for them?
    OK heres what to do.... clear all cookies, clear your cache, log out of pc..
    close all browsers - reopen your browser,
    then reload PC and log back in..
    should work now.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • That isn't working for everyone Steve. =/

One person got back on by switching browsers...

Ashs_grrl

Banned
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2005
    JKaizer's method seems to be working pretty good though at least as for Frosty and Tatt and it should work for the others who are having trouble too.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • The problem is that Firefox is only installed on this computer at school, and if I can't get to it first I can't get to PC. *needs to figure out the cookie issue*

It says that it's sending cookies after the header, doesn't it? Couldn't you go into config.php and work something out?

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • PPNSteve said:
    Ok, there is another fix offered by the staff at vB..
    to clear all your cookies set by PC, visit: https://www.pokecommunity.com/mycookies.php this should help you get ur self logged back in and working.
    That's still not working for every one. Soph tried it and she said it still did the same thing.
    There needs to be a way to fix this since a lot of guests and members is not being able to get on PC meaning people will leave.

Ashs_grrl

Banned
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2005
    i think Jirachu is having a hard time with it too but im not really sure, i guess should talk to her and see, if anything i would suggest Quaggy's method cuz it works good especially for frosty and tatt.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • well it's NOT a PC issue.. it's peoples computers.. (although the 'hackers' may have changed the cookie path) clearing your cookies completely USUALY fixes it.. There isn't anything else we CAN do...

peekachoo

~*wah piang eh*~
    Years
  • hi, i've tried wateva u guys said but i still hv tons o' problems getting 2 this site...................i dunno...........
    ony if i use my grandparents com.
    then it works. :dead:

Soph

Chasing Arcanine with a spoon XD
    Years
  • PPNSteve said:
    well it's NOT a PC issue.. it's peoples computers.. (although the 'hackers' may have changed the cookie path) clearing your cookies completely USUALY fixes it.. There isn't anything else we CAN do...
    steave, how can anyone clear their cookies if even that cookie page gives us the same message? Im here now, at home, and let me tell you it is NOT our computers, how do I know? because it worked fine on the computer I use each week up until two days ago, where I started getting it on the computer I use at school. Beforehand i had only got it on a computer at the college.

Its spreading, and it IS NOT our computers. Something is seriously wrong at PC, and its impossible for some of us to get here. Thank goodness my HOME computer still lets me in. No public, networked or server-connnected computers allow me in. Any connection there?

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • i'm on a networked comp, and as i've stated before, all i did was log out of pc, and log back in.
    As the cookies are stored on your computers it CAN ONLY be your computers, even if the cookie structure was changed, it'll just add a new cookies when you log back in to PC.

you need to clear ALL of your cache & cookies, and what not.. Set your browser(s) to accept ALL cookies, try using a different url: https://www.pokecommunity.com VS https://pokecommunity.com etc.

Aside from that I have no other ideas on what to do... as far as i can SEE in the admin cp PC is set up correctly.

as a last ditch effort i will reset the cookies domain to <blank> as allowed in admin cp settings (it's currently and has been set to: .pokecommunity.com) this will most likely break the cookies for users who currently able to get into PC, but since you folks insist it's PC, i'll try it. once.

edited: Changed the cookies domain to <blank> as in no entry.. lets see if this has any effect on this problem.

Last edited:

~*Silent Tattsu*~

Has gone~
    Years

• Okay...well, this has been driving me literally insane this week. As you know, Scott put up this thread for the people who had IM'd him about not being able to get on, me being one of those people *lol* Icy Storm set up a thread asking this question aswell. I use IE, and i still can't get onto PC from that browser. Zuki helped me on MSN by telling me to download and install Mozilla, which i did. I put the PC URL into Mozilla, and it came up with the same white page saying what Scott put.

So i can't make IE OR Mozilla work for PC >________<;; Then i got more advice, and was told to get FireFox. I did that, and that's how i'm getting on PC. What's REALLY making me frustrated, is the fact that sometimes PC will work on Fire Fox, sometimes it won't. It's been on and off for the last two days. How come it's only working for me sometimes? I don't know how it can be my own Computer, and i still can't get on PC properly. PLEASE can someone help me, because i just don't understand why it's only working sometimes. I've logged out and cleared cookies, i've logged back in, but still it only works on FireFox on and off. Everyone i know, says PC works all the time with FireFox for them, so what on earth is wrong with my comp? Will this last forever? Will PC never work on IE again? Steve, do you know what to do with this problem to clear it up for everyone? ARGH... ._.

Last edited:

Soph

Chasing Arcanine with a spoon XD
    Years
  • This is all a big mess and no matter what anyone does its NOT GETTING FIXED *murders all the cookies in the world* >_<

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Someone IMed me with this earlier. He can't get PC to work in IE, Netscape, or Firefox, he's cleared all cookies and cache. He can't view the mycookies page because he gets that error on every page of PC. As Soph said, this hasn't been fixed in anyway yet.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Yeah, can't keep me down, hackers! Ha!

My computer sort of crashed last night and I began getting that horrible message...I downloaded firefox and I'm able to access PC through it...whew, I thought I'd lost you guys...it's good to be back, though I might have limited computer service because it's going to get fixed here in the near future.

Back