• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Members leaving: a discussion

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
  • Optic said:
    Well, I would just like to say that me being a relatively new member here at THe PokeCommunity, I find the members here to be quite friendly and humorous towards one another which is a good thing of course... ^_^

At first I was kind of intimidated at posting at first... maybe it was from looking at the many numbers of people's post counts... never have I seen such high post counts on the forums I've been to! The only members I knew was Austin and Jedi_Amara... but I'm starting to learn more of the members names... i.e. Arcanine, Sapphire...
    *example of "posphobia" (fear of post count, word invented by Frosty ^_^;)*

*if PC cannot get rid of post counts completely due to other reasons, then wonder if there's anything else relatively high post count people can do to make new members feel less intimidated?*

*wants to welcome Optic to join the big PC Crew and congratulations for the success of ridding posphobia ^_^. Hope that Optic will post more in the future ^_^*

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
  • Optic said:
    Well, I would just like to say that me being a relatively new member here at THe PokeCommunity, I find the members here to be quite friendly and humorous towards one another which is a good thing of course... ^_^

At first I was kind of intimidated at posting at first... maybe it was from looking at the many numbers of people's post counts... never have I seen such high post counts on the forums I've been to! The only members I knew was Austin and Jedi_Amara... but I'm starting to learn more of the members names... i.e. Arcanine, Sapphire...
    Everyone has been a new member before. When I was a newbie, I was "intimidated" by huge post counts of members too, but it doesn't matter much =P

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2008
    Well actually i'm quite new here...I dont post much coz i dont really get that much time...but I find it hard being intimidated by text on a computer screen...

Back