• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Memorable Injuries

Years
    Memorable Injuries, I have a lot. Like when my sister almost cut off my finger... twice... Or maybe the time I got pushed down a staircase and god a bad concussion, but the most memorable would be my dog bite I got when I was 5.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I was on vacation in South Carolina and while taking a bubble bath munking off I got up, hit my head on the soap holder protruding outwards and split my head open. Had to get nine staples to boot to close the gash. Does that count as a pretty memorable injury? Definitely teaches me that there's a perfect time and place for everything, and I guess that wasn't the time or place haha :P It's definitely a moment I won't be able to live down for a long time.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    The only thing I can think of was when I flipped over my bike. My helmet saved my life and if I hadn't been wearing it, I would have cut my head open. I walked away with a bunch of scrapes and a mild concussion though. It taught me to be well protected against things such as riding a bike or something. Even though I stopped riding a bike.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    The most memorable one for me was breaking my arm and elbow. I was at a friend's birthday party (indoor rock climbing), and an unfortunate series of events lead to me falling ~15 onto my side. My funny bone was showing outside of my skin, and I fractured the growth plate in my elbow. Thankfully surgery fixed everything up, and I have a cool stitches scar above my funny bone now!

Poki

Banned
    Years
    It was the year 2009. I tried to get on this tennis table - I wanted to be all cool, and show these younger kids how that ♥♥♥♥ is done. Alas, I fell on one of my arms. It's memorable, because I'm careful as ♥♥♥♥, and I haven't gotten injured in years.

Years
    I sprained a finger when I was younger (about 7 or 8 years old). Jumping into our kiddie pool from a lawn chair was such an awesome idea and all the kids there were doing it! ....until I landed wrong and yep that was painful. I thought it was broken but apparently not, although I did have to use a splint for a bit.

I've also done similar things to one of my big toes in more recent memory, smacked it hard into a piece of wood that happened to be in the way when I went into my parents' garage to look for a cat. Wondered if that was broken, thankfully not, although it got extremely bruised and nasty looking.

Actually, when I was younger than even my first thing listed here, I busted open my chin because 5 year old me decided to jump on the couch....and slip....and hit my chin on the coffee table. I don't even remember much of what happened after that, I remember crying, and going into the doctor's office, and so far that's the only time of my life where I actually needed stitches for anything (and I can still feel the scar there to this day).

...So yeah.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    Agh, easy. I've had so many -

- When I got stabbed twice in high school. (Minor stabbings, it's wasn't in the ribs, or stomach or anything. I have the scars on my palms to show off though, because the first reaction is always either "I don't buy it' or "Let me see the scars") Detroit public schools mate. Not the friendliest place. I transferred after that.

- When I was hit by a black Dodge Durango biking to Summer School. Kinda put a damper on my soccer career.

- Breaking half the bones in my left arm while gathering firewood at summer camp. I held a thick log while a friend tried to jump on it to break it, so we could use it as firewood. Nnnnnot the best idea.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2018
    Oh, so many. I was such a clumsy child, and even when I wasn't being clumsy, things happened to me. It's a miracle I've never broken a bone.

When I was 11, a friend and I were sitting on my grandmother's porch, and a couple of the neighborhood bullies walked by and stole his Razor scooter out of the yard. I ran after them, catching up before they could get ten feet away (and scaring the crap out of them, which was hilarious). They dropped the scooter and took off, but I was moving too fast to stop. I stepped on the edge of the scooter, did a mid-air somersault, and landed on my back. Did I mention I was barefoot? Yeah. Sliced one of my left toes nearly to the bone, therefore proving the accuracy of the name of the scooter. ...I'm still a little miffed that it healed without a scar.

When I was 8-ish, we were coming back from a restaurant, and I had a glass root beer bottle in one hand. While we were going up the steps, my grandmother lost her balance and knocked into me, making me drop the bottle. It broke when it landed, and the glass bounced up and hit my elbow. Nobody believed me when I told them what happened...until they saw the blood XD It was a pain not being able to bend my elbow--on my dominant arm!--until it healed. I still have several scars, but I tend to forget about them since I can't see them unless I look in a mirror.

And then when I was 15, I was moving my turtle's terrarium and scraped my arm on the corner. I would have ignored that, since it didn't hurt that much, but the next thing I knew blood was dripping off my fingers. I hadn't even known it broke the skin--but it took several minutes and a probably inadvisable application of a liquid bandage to stop the bleeding (inadvisable because it said not to apply to bleeding wounds XD). It left a scar about an inch long.

And that's not even all of the most memorable stories. I just didn't want to write a novel XD

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    I COMPLETELY busted my entire knee open when I fell on something hard and metallic. I needed sooo many stiches.

I also completely burned my skin on a stove and it left a mark for a good 2 years, everyone thought I had a tattoo. :p

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I was walking through a car park and my knee weakened and I fell on it and it needed 3 stitches, that's my most memorable injury.

I'm so vanilla lmao

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
    I've never done anything big like break a bone or anything.

My most memorable injury was inflicted when I swam into a sharp edge of concrete that acted as overhang for the outside of our pool, giving me a decent cut on my forehead. I needed

SEVEN

Memorable Injuries

stitches. It took a week before I could take the stitches out, and I was banned from playing soccer for a few weeks because if I had headed the ball, the wound could have reopened.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    Hm. I was and still am a pretty easily injured fella, not only that but i get cuts and bruises i don't remember i got. That's weird.
    Now for my most memorable injury, i was 4 and played in the kindergarten\preschool until my mom arrived to pick me up. I ran up to her and tripped and fell hands-first into a rusty metal screw. It got all the way into my wrist vertically and i have a scar till this day.
    But it's the coolest injury ever LOL

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I was 5, and wanted to be a man. I went looking across the acres of our farm for wood. Found a pile and, subsequently, a rusty axe head (no handle). I preceeded to chop wood without telling anyone where I was (you might see where this is going).

I chopped my left thumb in half, splitting the nail nearly in two. You could hear that scream for miles. I don't remember a lot of what happened after, other than my father getting my mother and somewhere along the line getting the two beanie babies I asked for (the orca and snake).

Still have a fantastic scar. Happily avoid axes, too. :)

Years
    So far I've managed to avoid any major injury, but my most memorable injury was when I was 8. Long story short I was hit in the face by a wooden crate. The corner of it caught my face just above my eye giving me a reasonable scar through my eyebrow which I still have 12 years on. A few cm lower and I would have lost my left eye. It is definitely my most memorable due to just how close it was to being a life changing injury.

Years
    Only injury I've had is when I sprained my ankle as a kid. Was going down a hill in my friend's neighborhood with a scooter, didn't know that the back wheel was loose, and before reaching the end, I flew off and hit the curb awkwardly. Pain wasn't so bad that I burst into tears, but it wasn't exactly bearable either haha.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Two years ago, popped out a spinal disk while working. Had to be carted out on a stretcher to an ambulance, was paralysed, which was really awkward as pedestrians stopped and watched them carry me out. Followed by four hours in hospital waiting for it to slide back in. Definitely memorable for me an my workmates, lol.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    When I was 3 and living in Japan, I got an injury while on a bike with my brother. I don't remember the incident itself but I remember the follow-up: the wound got infected and got really bad after about a month, and I needed to go to the doctor. I remember getting stitches.

There was a time also when I was about 12 (back in the States) where my dad and my sister and I were helping moving a ladder. Dad accidentally slipped, and the ladder scratched my abdomen and scared the ♥♥♥♥ing ♥♥♥♥ out of me, and I was afraid of ladders for a while after that.

Years
    When i looked away from where i was riding on my bike (was doing laps around the playground), hit a rock then landed on the sharpest part with the between my legs. It was painful.

Back