• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Memories of Blue and Red

AuraTrainer

What about me?
    Years
    Thats right a thread for all of you missingo searching, glitched games and all that junk trainers, its time to talk about probably the first pokemon game ever, I may be wrong who knows, but everyone [at least me] remembers the blue and red games, the games when we where young and took us FOREVERE to get out of viridian forest, oh yeah that was the good life, searching for the strongest pokemon, not reading the text and playing just so you could get bragging rights at school oh yeah. So here everyone just post your best memory.

Here is a list of mine:

1: After like 10 times, I finally beat misty
    2: Spending 1 Hour in the dark cave [Shivers] It still haunts me today.
    3: Getting so sicked about my warturte evolved, hehe I freaked out.
    4: Putting my pokemon in my PC and released them all, and when I came back I forgot I did and I thought Team Rocket Stole them, my lol moment.
    5: Finally doing what I always wanted to do, capture a snorlax, alas I don't think I did ^_^

So yeah I'll post more but you guys can do that to. Yeah.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    1. getting lost in mount moon
    2. taking ages (100+ h) to get to the top of the silph co building (because I didnt know how to get to the door opener8well i knew where it was thoughxD)
    3.often having nearly one pkmn runs, aka Blastoise lv 80 and all other level 10 xD
    4.The legendary birds that evaded pokéballs.
    5.endless quest to a friend of mine to finally get me an electabuzz xD(I had Blue, she had Red)
    6. getting totally pwned by her when we played it against each other on the n64 xD

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    It'd probably be stuffing up the game with glitches and catching Missingno. That was epic. And slightly retarded. :3

EDIT: Wow, 888th post. :D :D

BJ088

It's been so long!
    Years
    the games when we where young and took us FOREVERE to get out of viridian forest, oh yeah that was the good life, searching for the strongest pokemon, not reading the text and playing just so you could get bragging rights at school oh yeah. So here everyone just post your best memory.

Spot on!
    I remember those well. Those were the days when were totally forgot that there was a teacher at the front of the classroom because our eyes were glued to the screen playing the games.

And then at home, there was no such thing as homework lol

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    It took me forever and a day to figure out how to get past the odd fish in Viridian City (Actually, it was just the grumpy old man, but from my eleven-year-old perspective, his sprite looked like a fish), and later took me forever to learn how to get into Saffron City. XD

Years
    I wanted to catch all pokemons that Ash catch....I wasted about one week to find an blastoise or an bulbasaur, then i cried because i can't find them ( i was 5 years old :d )

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
    Ummm...my best memories are glitches, glitches, and moar glitches. They were so funny. Also, I believe my Pidgeot eventually turned into something resembling a chair. o:

Missingno was the best, though.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    For me, it was figuring out how to get the birds without a disability. (etc Sleep). Also the graphics which were shocking, are still pretty awesome for me. Also the odd pokemon sprites that some had (especially Gyarados)

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2011
    trying over and over to beat the elite four...*sigh*......those were the good old days.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    I'm seriously considering buying Pokémon Red off of eBay because I only had Blue as a kid, and I always wanted to play Red even though it was the same game! Slightly OT, but my favourite memory of Pokémon Yellow was waking up on my birthday to find a package from America. My uncle was doing business over there and got me Yellow because he knew I loved Pokémon, and sent it over with the official strategy guide. I was so excited lol. ♥

But my favourite Blue memories are:
    01. Unwrapping Blue at Christmas time! It was the game the salesman in GAME suggested my parents buy me with my GameBoy Color. I booted it up and spent the rest of the morning ignoring my other presents and playing the life out of it. (I'd been watching the anime for several weeks beforehand so I was super excited.)
    02. My friend trading me a Mew on my next birthday. He's still my favourite Legendary. (Wait, is he classified as a Legendary? I don't know D:)
    03. MOUNT MOON ARGH. I got so lost that my dad (who I think was sick of me complaining, heh >.>) went out and bought me a magazine which told you how to get through it. XD I've still got it lying around somewhere.
    04. Beating the Elite Four. Best moment of my gaming life ever. <3
    05. Seeing Missingno for the first time. He still creeps me out, but damn, he's sort-of awesome.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2009
    My greatest memory has to be when I finally got to mewtwo took me an hour to work my way in the maze. I started battling him with my Gary(blastoise) and my mate said use the masterball. I was like I need to weaken him. I fort the masterball worked like a pokeball and it was just a special ball for mewtwo dint know it captured them first time lmao. So I ended up killing him. Had to go in the maze again then capture him with masterball then dint have a escape rope worked my way out and that had to be my best memory lol
    Also I was happy when I had two snorlaxs on my team. Captured a kangaskan and when I got a Ditto.

AuraTrainer

What about me?
    Years
    Holy, wow I accualy made a sucsesfull thread, I thought it was going to be locked down or ignored or somthing but. so here are some of my other ones

6: Freaking out when I saw my first pickachu in viridian forest, well really I was like, oh a pickachu, sweet, but i guess, well whatever nvr mnd.
    7. Not having enough money to enter the pettleburg city mueseum, hehe.
    8. taking about a half an hour trying to open the doors in the voltey dude gym place
    9. my first glitch, i think it was it was me, staring straight ahaid with like a mess of black and white pixels everywhere, good times.
    10. well this is accually how it all begain, I stole my sisters game boy coler which had blue with it, And I STILL have that blue, and I was like 5, yeah. So yeah
    11. Beighng soo happy when my/or my "sisters" geoudude, and wartutrle evolved in the dark, scarry, freakin anoyying cave

So yeah, keep on droping them post guys, I really apreciate them.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Everyone failed to mention the greatest thing in the game.

1. Getting the pants scared off of me in Red in the Pokemon Tower by creepy music and this:

Memories of Blue and Red

AuraTrainer

What about me?
    Years
    Wow you got scared of that, and either way, i don't use sound so I don't know ^_^

so I can't remember anything so.. uh

12: Getting annoyed at the invisible walls.

Years
    Hah, I rmeber. I wouldnt even complete the games. Heck, I wouldnt get past the second gyms.

First of all, how did i get that old man out of the way? I want to get to the forest! XD

Then, when i did pass him, a cuople hours later, for random reasons, I would restart the game. This happened. AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!

Great Times =D

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
    Years
    Ah, I remember it like it was 10 years ago. Oh wait, it was. I remember trying to get the Mew, viewing the Missing No. for the first time. And catching a Pidgey. It was great.

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
    Ahhh.....I miss the good ol' days......

1. Getting lost on Mt. Moon
    2. Kept losing against the E4
    3. The "classic" Pokemon of course!
    4. Capturing the Legendary Birds
    5. The sweet smell of victory!

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
    Good times.... my moments would have to be:

1. Getting the Sliph Scope and uncovering the ghost's identity
    2. Wasting all of my poke/great balls trying to catch a ghost (they dodged em!)
    3. Beating my rival when he was champion and saw prof. oak coming (I thought I had to fight him too!)
    4. learning I could beat Brock with a Charmander and Ember

Back