• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Memories thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haonn

hello, zombie ♥
Years
  • RBY; going into Viridian Forest, set to get a Pikachu, went into the grass like 400 times, and when a Pikachu finally appeared, I realised I had no Pokeballs. I then went back to the nearest Pokemart, only to find out that I had no money. at all.
    Oh, and. I remember playing the music on the highest volume just because I loved it so much ;3.

GSC; Being afraid of Totodile. I don't know why, I just was xd. That's why I always picked Chikorita, because then, my rival wouldn't get that thing either. Strangely enough, I love Totodile now xd.
    The colors. I just was totally blown away by them.

Years
  • I was 5 when I got yellow version it took me months to finally find out that I could save my game instead of restarting everytime. Life. Was. Made

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • I think everyone who owned Yellow has at one point struggled for ages trying to beat Brock. Finally beating him is the greatest memory.

It took me ages to realise I could use Nidoran's Double Kick to wipe him out, too.

Kazbat028

The Only Guy With a Girlfriend
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    When I finally figured out that the little pink mat was the door in my mom's house. Pokemon sure is stupid when you can't even go say hello to professor Elm.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    being about 6 and crying like a ***** when i lost to gary in the pokemon league because i took it literally that you would have to start again thinking it meant back in pallet town with your starter

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • When I started playing Red, I had no idea how to get out of the house. Two years later, I got a strategy guide, and that didn't contain the answer either... Until finally, I figured it out and started following the guide. I remember Pikachu being the first pokemon I caught and training Hitmonlee waiting for it to evolve because ion the guide it said 'Hitmonlee -> Hitmonchan'. And I remember Gold having a 'chewing gum feeling' whan I played it. No idea what it means.

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
    Years
  • I remember a time when I didn't believe my cousin when he told me Missingno. was real. And then I tried the glitch out, and bam! I felt so dumb afterwards. >.> I also remember the first time I went to glitch city, though I didn't know what the heck it was back then, and I made it there in Silph Co. Another thing, buying Magikarp from the guy. xD I think we all fell for that one back in the day. ^_^

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I remember picking Squirtle in Blue Version because I thought you were supposed to (the Blastoise art, of course).

Nicknaming said Squirtle 'Bubble', only to find out that it was the name of an attack. Bubble was my first Pokemon ever. Eventually, as a Blastoise, I found the name unfitting, and renamed it 'Icemonster'.

Bumping into the walls in Dark Cave for hours on end. D:

In a different Blue file (same game, though. Still have the cartridge as a matter of fact), I named my character and EVERY Pokemon that I caught BLUE. I thought it would be cool, until my cousin asked how I would distinguish them in Bill's PC. After looking, I simply started my game over (having multiple boxes full of Pokemon at this point). XD

Being completely amazed when I found out you could change the color of the game by pressing random buttons on the 'GameBoy' screen. I toyed with it for hours XD

Playing Blue Version on Pokemon Stadium. That was AWESOME. :O

Not really one of the mainstream games, but it was the first Pokemon game I've EVER played. In Pokemon Snap, in the tutorial, I remember getting a photo of a Pidgey, and running into the kitchen to my mom yelling "Mom, mom, I caught a Piggy!" Later did I realize that I didn't catch it, only got a picture of it. I was distraught. :O

EDIT: Ugh, this made me REALLY want to play Blue Version.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back