• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Memory

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
  • Hrm.. Well, this thought came to mind while talking with Chiku.

I have a terrible memory. Unless you make a kind of "impact" in my life, I'll forget who you are three months after we start talking. I can pass by things fifty times and not realize I had forgotten to clean it up, or that my dad had asked me to do something. I'll walk to the store, just a block away, and forget what I'm supposed to buy. I've had many people re-add me to MSN, and I don't know who they are. They always say "I'm so and so from here!" and I'm seriously like "Who the Hell are you? I really don't know who you are, I'm sorry..."

Anyone else have a terrible memory? A phenomenal one? o-o

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Surprisingly I have damn good memory. I remember all the important things that have occured in my life and I can recall a lot of names and face of people that I've met since preK. When it comes to remembering names of certain songs however my memory fails beyond compare.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • A really bad one here. =''( I always loose my train of thought, and can never recover them, even if it was just a few seconds ago when the thing happened. I appear to have fairly decent long term memory, though.

Which is funny, me and my friend were talking about the time a year or so back where I got so mad at him, I dropped my book bag and everything and chased him up and down street after street. The thing is, I do not remember that happening. >_>

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • I have a okay memory... I can remember things/people/moments that are dear to me, but if its not that important, I tend to forget them..

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    How good is my memory? Lets see what I can remember...

Spoiler:

...plz don't be wrong, self. XD;;

And yeah, remember when I memorised bdays? I still managed to remember all of those. XD; So I guess my memory is kinda good for dates, not so good for anything else. I mean I can't even remember what happened like last week besides one thing. XD

Pazuru

★ [ Fukidokuritsu ]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    How good is my memory? Lets see what I can remember...

Spoiler:

And yeah, remember when I memorised bdays? I still managed to remember all of those. XD; So I guess my memory is kinda good for dates, not so good for anything else. I mean I can't even remember what happened like last week besides one thing. XD

You forgot my Birthday, Nica. ;^;

I have a decent memory. Like Nica, I can remember birthdays decently (I'm better at remembering my irl friend's birthdays though), and a few other things. And then I forget other things - something things that I should really remember sometimes.

Years
  • I actually consider myself to have a good memory, not the best, but I can remember certain things x]

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I have a pretty good memory. I remember most of the people I associate and interact with unless that person met me when I was really young. I can remember my childhood, although not clearly. I easily forget where I put certain things though xP.

Years
  • My memory is all over the place. I'm the kind of person that can remember really random events from years ago, but then walks into the room and forgets what she came in for. :( I am a scatterbrain like that.

In the long-term, I have pretty decent memory, at least. That makes me feel better. ^^;

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I have fairly decent memory, however it tends to be selective. I don't force myself to remember things that are insignificant. People who I simply don't really get to talk to much tend to easily slide from my mind, so you have to get to know me or I'm likely to not entirely remember who you are unless I have some sort of log to review. With that being said, most of my memories are usually kept fresh by repetition. If someone references an event often, I can quickly sense any new references to the aforementioned event even if they're subtle.

Generally, I tend to keep a running "profile" of someone in my mind so I can remember people, but if there isn't much interaction between us, I won't easily know you or recognize you. If I don't immediately remember you, it's often most effective to re-iterate some event we shared, or something that was said/discussed. If you can't remember then just say something like "Oh I PM/VM'ed you once or twice", and I'll search my PM/VM logs on PC. If you've had an MSN discussion with me, it gets a little more complicated, since I've lost some of those logs, but if you explain where I know you from, I can usually pull the information forward out of long-term memory and remember.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2010
    I have a great memory. Most of what makes me smart is my memory. I remember things that were taught to me.

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
  • I've got a good memory when it comes to remembering events in my life, people, and things like that. If someone leaves a lasting impression on me (let's say, a stranger with a weird mustache), I can come across them again a long after and still remember them, where I saw them, and why they left an impact on me. I can remember names well, too.

I'm fairly good at memorizing lines, which really saved me in highschool.

For some reason, I cannot remember anything with numbers...math formulas, phone numbers, and birthdays go in one ear and come out the other. T_T

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • ... Hmm... what's my name again?

Seriously, sometimes it gets so bad, I forget my name. And I don't mean my username, my actual name. And then there's the people who go...

'Oh, just write everything down, and it'll be all sunshine, butterflies and rainbows!'

I hate those people, and they get in my face about it. Well, I forget where those are, or if I do remember, it's not like I remember writing in them most of the time, anyway. The next time I find one of those things, they're in some random place, where I usually never go.

So yeah, pretty bad.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • How good is my memory? Lets see what I can remember...

Spoiler:

NICAAAAAA. HOW DARE YOU FORGET ME. ;;

I have a short-term memory, which is really bad for a student. That's why I always study at the last minute since I can forget everything I have learn
    if something distracts me. For people's faces, I can remember them if I see them twice or thrice, but never at one glance. For people's birthdays, I'm not good. I even forget my parent's birthday and anniversary. My mom would like say, 'What day is it today?' and I would be 'Um, Tuesday?' and then 'Oh, yeah! Your birthday!'. Although, I can remember names quite clearly, only if you introduce yourself to me. If you didn't, I'll still notice you, but I wont mention your name. I would be like "Hey, there." So yeah, I have a bad and short-term memory. Which is sad, since I sometimes wish I have a photographic memory.

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
    Years
  • I usually tend to have a good memory. It can be really good when it's short term. I always tend to replay my morning routine every single day on the bus ride to school...all the way up to remembering the time I did stuff XD I can remember long term stuff, especially when it has an impact on me, good or bad. If it's not important, I tend to forget it very quickly, which is strange, because I think school is important, yet...I keep on forgetting when my assignments are due... -3-

I HEART MEGA HITT

ruuuki ♥
    Years
  • My memory is terrible sometimes. I can't even remember how to do a fourth grade level in math. >_> hahaha yeah, just shut up. I often forget people's birthdays but I'm getting better at that... sometimes I end up forgetting little things more than bigger things but I think its getting better. However, my memory is great when it comes to quotes, HITT's songs... and just about anything also related to anime. XD

Spoiler:

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    Basically, my memory works better for remembering things it can understand. Which are mostly big pictures. I am awful with tiny, specific details- especially when they're clustered together. : ( Which means it takes a while for me to remember peoples' names and the like.

Years
  • Depends. Mine is rather good, but very selective. There are some things from years ago, even things of not very much significance, that I could repeat back with almost every detail.

...And yet there are some things from not too long ago that I'd probably just stare blankly at if mentioned.

(Let's not even get into how fidgety my short term memory can be, bah.)

Back