• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Meow =^-^=

Years
  • Hiiiii! So this is the first time i've tried to be a member of a forum in a long time. I genuinely like your community from what I've seen and hope you all will welcome me. I am a spriter and I used to make pokemon maps on another pokemon forum but my laptop blue a fuse and I lost my hard drive forever along with all my sprites and maps. So if you guys could maybe tell me a little about this place? Like what are some things I should avoid saying/doing on my time here? And does anyone know if anyone here has made a spriting/mapping tool? I'd definitely like to test them all out if so. Also i'd like to note that my favorite pokemon is Umbreon. ;)

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Hi, welcome to the forums!

There are many things you can do around the forums, just take a look around the different sections. If you like spriting you can check out the Art Gallery, it's where members showcase their art. If you like doing maps, you should try the ROM Hacking or Game Development section, since that's where maps are used mostly.

About specific spriting/mapping tools, spriting is usually done with simple programs like MS Paint, for example. Now, for mapping, since you're doing pokémon maps, you could go for RPG Maker XP with the Pokémon Essentials kit, there's a whole sub-section on this in Game Development, since it has a lot of pokémon graphics included so you could start making pokémon maps right away.

Enjoy your time here! n_n

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • Welcome to PC!! I hope you enjoy your stay and please be always stick with us..shoot me a message if you need anything..see you around..!!

Years
  • Thank you Christos for the info on spriting. AeHryo thank you and I hope to see you around the community sometime. Where do you usually hang out?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Hey Effie, welcome to The Pokecommunity! Are you a fan of the TV show Skins per chance? If you're into hacks be sure to check out the board here. Also, some of the coolest spriting galleries are in the Art and Design section of the forum here.

This place is an awesome Pokemon forum, with a lot of friendly people to chat with. We don't only talk about Pokemon, we enjoy talking about the latest videogames, media and more! If you're ever bored feel free to hit me up with a visitor message. :)

Years
  • So many users join it surprises me really. Nice to meet you :) Like everyone else that posted, I'm free to talk and I'm pretty new too. Taking the time to see all the different boards is really worth it I feel

Back