• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Meowth and the Twerps?

Your reaction?

• Whatever (Don't Care)

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Finally! (Happy)

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No! Why?! (Upset)

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • I don't get it... (Confused by it)

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    For all we know this is a lie that Meowth came up with to get close to Ash and Company so he can steal Pikachu. That or Team Rocket will welcome him back. Either way I don't see this being permanent and if it is then Team Rocket will probably disband by the end of Unova Saga. Too me their act of trying to catch Pikachu over and over has gone stale, so they can either mix them up like they did in this saga or just do away with them. Because how they were was just a unneeded nuisance imo.

And they wouldn't try Pikachu for Deino as much as I would like that. Pikachu is the mascot, so as long as Ash stays so does Pikachu.

Care to elaborate on your theory between how this firing correlates at all with Team Plasma or N? Maybe Meowth meets up with N and has a heart to heart cause they can both speak to pokemon or something like that.

We'll just have to wait and see. While I could easily surmise it being faked, I can't surmise if it is fake or not. However, going by the comments I read on it, we can't assume it is absolutely fake. Until we get concrete evidence that Meowth's firing was fake (such as, I don't know, phoning JJM after Ash and his friends are asleep, or even him saying out of earshot of Ash and his friends something along the lines of "What they don't know is that I haven't actually been fired, and I'm luring them into a trap!" a'la Angela in that Rugrats episode where they try to beam into Chuckie to get a watermelon seed out of his system before it grows in him and presumably kills him in a plot inspired by some sci-fi movie where people are shrunk into a person.), we can't really assume that this was a fake firing just yet. Who knows, maybe the plan occured in BW042 was actually done offscreen?

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    It seems like Jessie and James are a bit preoccupied to even care about capturing Pikachu. Sure they could have had Meowth leave to keep tabs on the group but I doubt that's the case. Only time will tell the truth behind what Meowth told the gang. But I got a feeling whether or not his is a scheme that this won't last 20+ episodes. He is like the Pikachu to Team Rockets Ash.

Years
    For all we know this is a lie that Meowth came up with to get close to Ash and Company so he can steal Pikachu. That or Team Rocket will welcome him back. Either way I don't see this being permanent and if it is then Team Rocket will probably disband by the end of Unova Saga. Too me their act of trying to catch Pikachu over and over has gone stale, so they can either mix them up like they did in this saga or just do away with them. Because how they were was just a unneeded nuisance imo.

And they wouldn't try Pikachu for Deino as much as I would like that. Pikachu is the mascot, so as long as Ash stays so does Pikachu.

Care to elaborate on your theory between how this firing correlates at all with Team Plasma or N? Maybe Meowth meets up with N and has a heart to heart cause they can both speak to pokemon or something like that.

Well, to me it seemed like Ghetsis could have been the leader of team plasma if he wanted to. The reason he used N from the beginning was because he had the ability to talk to Pokemon. Since their first plan was to convince the trainers themselves to let their own pokemon go, they could easily use N as "the voice of Pokemon" since trainers couldn't do it themselves. The fact that their leader had a special connection to Pokemon no one else had was also their main justification to the claim "trainers abuse Pokemon"

Now that a Pokemon that can talk to both humans and his own kind has come into the picture- this could be a major problem with Team Plasma. (Since it's a Pokemon that can speek for itself) If he stays with Ash and the gang, and get's into all their mushy friendship speechs, he could be a voice of for trainers and Pokemon. However, if he returns to Team Rocket- a group known for their Pokemon abuse- it would be different.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    it smells like pokemon is ending..... in the games team roket is finished its disolved maybie in the series happends the same... and the meowth can reunite jessie and james.....i dont know...but meowth out of team rocket smells very fishy...

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Well, to me it seemed like Ghetsis could have been the leader of team plasma if he wanted to. The reason he used N from the beginning was because he had the ability to talk to Pokemon. Since their first plan was to convince the trainers themselves to let their own pokemon go, they could easily use N as "the voice of Pokemon" since trainers couldn't do it themselves. The fact that their leader had a special connection to Pokemon no one else had was also their main justification to the claim "trainers abuse Pokemon"

Now that a Pokemon that can talk to both humans and his own kind has come into the picture- this could be a major problem with Team Plasma. (Since it's a Pokemon that can speek for itself) If he stays with Ash and the gang, and get's into all their mushy friendship speechs, he could be a voice of for trainers and Pokemon. However, if he returns to Team Rocket- a group known for their Pokemon abuse- it would be different.
    He is the leader and N is his puppet that he manipulated(but that's really for another topic.)

Meowth could be the voice of trainers and pokemon even with Jessie and James. They may abuse a pokemon here and there but never to the point as say Butch and Cassidy. And Team Rocket is not "known" in Unova since they are Kanto/Johto based group far from Unova region so I doubt their reputation proceeds them too much. Or Ash could be the example for pokemon and trainers relationships since I have never seen a bond between a pokemon stronger then Ash and Pikachu, so I would say he was the shining example, albeit he neglects the Oak'ed pokemon(due to the writers). I don't think Meowth needs to be with the group to prove anything to wild or other trainers pokemon really.

it smells like pokemon is ending..... in the games team roket is finished its disolved maybie in the series happends the same... and the meowth can reunite jessie and james.....i dont know...but meowth out of team rocket smells very fishy...
    I don't know what smelling an ending is like to my senses. But my common sense tells me that isn't happening as long as the games are still around. I sure to hope they dissolve as well, but unlike the games Giovanni still has a presence upon the organization.

Years
    No, your right, Meowth doesn't need to be with Ash and co. to do that. I've always thought J&J were different from Team Rocket in they always seemed to care for their pokemon generally- I was talking more about the actual organization being know for Pokemon abuse rather then J&J. Even though they are not based in Unova, if someone was to look them up, I don't they'd have trouble finding information on Team rocket since they've started small bases in Kanto Johto Sinnoh and Hoenn. Even though Unova is physically farther away they can still have interactions with other regions as proved by the friendship between Professor Oak and Professor Juniper.

I was only sharing how N and Meowth could possibly impact eachother. I don't expect him to take over the lead role from Ash. XD After all the boy with the Pikachu (that never ages) has to be the one to save the world in every region right? ^_^ Yeah, I know Ghetsis is the leader. But I was reffering to the fact that he has to use N as a puppet or a front to start with- rather then just being the 'king' himself and not use N at all.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    He is the leader and N is his puppet that he manipulated(but that's really for another topic.)

Meowth could be the voice of trainers and pokemon even with Jessie and James. They may abuse a pokemon here and there but never to the point as say Butch and Cassidy. And Team Rocket is not "known" in Unova since they are Kanto/Johto based group far from Unova region so I doubt their reputation proceeds them too much. Or Ash could be the example for pokemon and trainers relationships since I have never seen a bond between a pokemon stronger then Ash and Pikachu, so I would say he was the shining example, albeit he neglects the Oak'ed pokemon(due to the writers). I don't think Meowth needs to be with the group to prove anything to wild or other trainers pokemon really.

I don't know what smelling an ending is like to my senses. But my common sense tells me that isn't happening as long as the games are still around. I sure to hope they dissolve as well, but unlike the games Giovanni still has a presence upon the organization.

Yeah, but then again, the Mario TV series was eliminated from the air even when they were still making games, so I really can't say they truly won't stop as long as the games continue to be produced. Besides which, a few instances, the ratings actually seem to be decreasing. Heck, during the time it aired, the Pike Queen episode was the lowest rated episode ever. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it did come to cancelling Pokemon after this, although I certainly hope not.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Yeah, but then again, the Mario TV series was eliminated from the air even when they were still making games, so I really can't say they truly won't stop as long as the games continue to be produced. Besides which, a few instances, the ratings actually seem to be decreasing. Heck, during the time it aired, the Pike Queen episode was the lowest rated episode ever. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it did come to cancelling Pokemon after this, although I certainly hope not.
    I highly doubt that Pokemon will ever be cancel,atleast until Ash become a pokemon master.Pokemon is still a popular show and the games are still big money makers.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Copyin' and pastin' and quotin' cause of relevance. Pick apart my logic if you wish.

I swear to you, it's a setup. It just feels like a setup. Gonna take from from my ep review notes here- bear in mind I don't know Japanese & the audio was not synched with the video where I was watching. -_-;
    Spoiler:

Also, xXToukoWhiteXx- this is brilliant.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I highly doubt that Pokemon will ever be cancel,atleast until Ash become a pokemon master.Pokemon is still a popular show and the games are still big money makers.

The Mario cartoons also were quite popular, yet they ended up cancelled anyways before Yoshi's Island came out. Heck, Mario still sold new games despite the cancellation of the show.

As for the other post, we still need more concrete proof. BGM? They also had cheesy BGM (at least in the Japanese version) when Misty was hypnotized to think she was a Seel. Team Rocket also had a few transmissions from Giovanni even when he pretty much ignored them (case in point, the fourth DP episode).

Yes, I can imagine the possibility of Meowth lying, but we still can't confirm whether he is or not. Until we get concrete proof (eg, Meowth on-screen yet out of earshot of Ash and his friends saying "What they don't know is that I wasn't actually fired, and that I'm luring them into a trap." A'la Angela Pickles in that episode where they try to get into Chuckie's system to get a watermelon seed out of his stomach in Rugrats), we don't have a case either way.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2011

Yeah, we've seen it already, a lot of discussion going on in episode discussions. But yeah, this makes thing interesting. Though it isn't confirmed he will actually be captured, it does kind of look like a scene in which he'll agree to be captured.

I've seen this episode but it was Iris who tried to catch him and he popped out seconds later. And shouted that he didn't want to be caught. (well not word by word but you get the idea)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back