• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mercenaries RP - Rated PG-14

LordSephy

Leader of The Squirtle Squad
Years
  • Larze walked over to one of the elevators and pressed the 3 button, he didn't have much need of weapons or armor, but he would need something, he was still human, his fists were more easily breakable than a weapon, if he could find anything useful, even a steel bar, he would be set, of course he had no doubt that in the commander's warehouse he could easily find something better than simple steel. A small shock ran through Larze's system, there were two people and two pokemon already in the storage room..."Camoflauge time" Larze and Ace used their auras to bend the light around them, making them invisible to the human eye, they then wrapped the auras in the room in front of them so they it would seem the Commander and The Predator were the only ones in the room, sure, these were his allies, but Larze didn't see any reason anybody should know anything about him not revealed by himself.

Thanks to Ace's soft padded feet and Larze's similar shoes they were able to silently make their way around the Commander and the Predator. When they made it deeper into the storage room Larze found something interesting, a pair of gauntlets with a small button under the palm that caused two about 1"6 long claws to come out of each gauntlet, Larze examined the way the claws were connected to the gloves and then looked to his left and saw four long chains....."Interesting, I think I know the perfect way to modify these...." Ace looked at Larze. "what, I don't get a pair?" Larze smiled deviously. "Let me tinker with these first, then I'll come back and see if I can't get you a pair." Larze and Ace walked back to the elevators and nodded to the Commander and the Predator before walking behind the automatic doors. "Gentleman." As they pulled up to the second floor and found an empty room, Ace marked it with a small Aura Sphere, embroidering an image of an Aura Sphere on the door, to memorize which room was his and make it obvious to others, Larze had some interesting "tinkering" to do.

MasterfulD

Passerby Boy
    Years
  • The mercenary replied with an impressive tone.
    "I will never lose a chance to work my way ahead of the pack, so to speak. I have not come this far in my business by waiting idly for orders. Taking initiative is crucial to survival in this world."
    Just as The Commander was about to reply, Marlon spoke to him: "The Seeker is in the room. He chooses to disguise himself."
    "I know, I sensed him. Don't kill him just yet. I'm sure he has his reasons."
    The Commander considered The Predator's response. He smiled.
    "A wise philosophy, that is how I myself used to live. But let me tell you this: There is, as I'm sure you've considered, a point when it becomes unwise to allow your instincts to rule you, and you must obey the orders you are given. I believed I knew when this line was, and that disobeying a direct order from my superior to allow my... colleague to die, was not crossing the line. I was wrong. I lost a lot that day... not least my legs."
    The Commander spun his chair around and made for the lift.
    "Oh, and the sniper rifles are on the top shelf, if you're interested."
    Marlon spoke to him again.
    "You didn't need to tell him that."
    "I don't want anyone else to lose what I lost."
    "... I understand"
    The Commander thought of all the things he had lost that day.
    His Fuser powers.
    His job.
    His legs.
    And...
    He shut the memory out of his mind. The lift doors opened silently on the top floor. Marlon helped him into bed, and he fell asleep quickly. He dreamt of nothing.

The Next Morning

The Outskirts of Oreburgh

"So... who do we test first?"
    "I want to see The Wild Card again."
    "Yes... but I believe he calls himself The Commander now."
    "What's in a name?"
    "All too much in our world. Very well. We will see The Commander. And whatever his team has to offer."
    "But..."
    "But?
    "Look who is approaching the building."
    "Ahh... well, maybe after they've dealt with him. I'm sure he has a challenge for them."
    "So now?"
    "We wait."

Notice
    I made an announcement on the OOC thread, read it for more info.

Oreburgh
    The intercom buzzed. The Commander pressed a button, and allowed the visitor in. He pressed another button, calling all the mercenaries into the meeting room. They all filed in, some lazily, some energetic, all looking at the person who was now standing in the room. He was a Kabutops.
    "Right, i've called you all in here because we now have a mission. Some drug smugglers are making frequent trips to bring large amounts of illegal substances in on the Sandgem coast. Our client has asked us to kill the smugglers, and steal the cargo. The client does not have any moral obligations - he wants the drugs for himself."
    "In case you're wondering, the Kabutops standing next to me is not our client. This is Rick, a mercenary like yourselves. He will be accompanying you on this mission. It was he who originally recieved the mission, however he did not believe he could do it alone."
    "So... what are you waiting for?"

Twinleaf
    The Saviour had to leave. A man of his standard had many obligations, and something had come up that could not be avoided. He had left his mercenaries a simple mission - guard the building while he was gone. It shouldn't be too hard...Except that a group of bandits had been roaming the area recently.
    The Saviour smiled. They shouldn't be much of a threat.

Bio
    Name: Rick
    Species: Kabutops
    Codename: The Reaper.
    Personality: Rick is an incredibly serious individual. He lets nothing get in the way of his work, and his work is his life. He never cracks jokes, and rarely even smiles - except when he's killing. That is the one past-time that Rick truly enjoys. Mayhem and bloodshed are like music to his ears. He also has a strong sense of justice, and will always fight for what he believes is right, no matter the odds.
    He has a Communicator device that allows him to speak English.

Rick is a free-for-all NPC - anyone can control him.

All post from now on take place from midnight the next night, just off the coast on a small motorboat, where the mission is taking place.

Last edited:

LordSephy

Leader of The Squirtle Squad
    Years
  • Larze watched the not-so-beautiful scenery pass by as the boat sped towards the mercenaries' destination, then he looked down at his new weapon, he had modified the claw gauntlet he found the other day, now it could launch it's claws which were attached by chains, through the air, and they could also unsheath barbs in the tips of the claws, allowing them to latch onto things.

Looking at the other mercenaries around him, Larze noticed how much Rick stuck out. "Hmm, a pokemon mercenary with no human counterpart, interesting, but can we trust him? I guess we can't really trust anybody, even each other...but something is off about that Kabutops, I can feel it, I just can't place what...." Larze almost spoke aloud but thought better of it and went back to meditating, Ace stood next to him not sharing his thoughts with Larze at the moment.

Hansa

I got Fusion Legend! Do you?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2011
    Where had Elias been the rest of the former day, you might ask. The answer is an ironic matter of course. He was in the Oreburgh Mines. He managed to get himself lost in the mine, between coal and occasional, ragged rocks. So he didn't get much sleep the night before the mission briefing. But he managed to take a quick shower, removing coal-stains. He went to bed at 4 am, so sleep wasn't really cheering for him.
    The problem was that Elias was sure he could always use his senses through the ground to take him through the mine. He was wrong, you see there was no ground, only a 'floor' of rock. Without ground, the Excavator was lost, it seemed.

Anyway, the next morning was a drag, but the calling through the megaphone or whatever helped slightly. Trapster was sleeping in his flower-pot. You see, as Trapster was a Diglett, he couldn't show his legs... or about anything else. So to sleep in the same room as Elias, one of them needed to leave their natural sleeping-habitat.
    "Not even breakfast" Elias groaned, tossing together a sandwich with strawberry jam and salami. He thought the jam was tomato sauce or salsa. He was so tired, it even tasted like it. Elias through on a regular outfit, consisting of beige, brown and tan shades as usual. His hair was no different from usual, as Elias had so dry hair that it always dried into the same hair-cut. Elias took Trapster's bowl under his arm and went to the meeting room.

The briefing was fast and easy. Taking out drug abusers shouldn't be a problem. They'd have no powers what so ever. Even if the ship used gunpowder or bullets, some mercenary was bound to have some defensive capability. Elias had woke up, but Trapster was quite the sleeper, so he still snored silently while laying in the ceramic pot willed with dirt and his most precious gems. Elias quickly took the elevator upstairs, and found is essentials-bag in his room. He then sped down to the speedboat, that was already getting filled.
    The boat started, and drove between small islands with Wingulls sitting on them, yammering. The scenery was at large, and the sun reflecting in the horizon gave a summery glow. The water evaporated as the boat sent it up in the air. "This kind of mission in this kind of weather will be great!" Elias said before leaning out and touching the water with his finger tips.

A man, probably a fellow mercenary, was scanning the client heavily. Elias looked at them, shifting. Finally, he mustered the courage to talk to the client. Getting friendly with him may pay, right? So Elias stretched his shoulders, and looked over at the pokemon. -We should've one of those sharing his species in our team to help with the cave-excavation! Elias though. Trapster, who was in tune with Elias all along woke up, at guard...The pokemon didn't respond. Was he serious or just being a loyal or distrusting pokemon?

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
    Years
  • Aon still couldn't believe that he was working with a Kabutops. It wasn't the fact that he didn't have a human partner, or that he could talk, but that he was a pokemon. He had never before heard of a mercenary that was a pokemon. He saw one of the other mercenaries, the seeker looking at the new comrade.

"there is something strange about that Kabutops. I don't like it." Combustion broke into Aons' thoughts.

"I don't like this either, but maybe if we're nice to hem we can get something out of it." And with that Aon focused on the dark surroundings around them. Even with Combustions' flames burning hotly, it didn't help much because they were black.

"I have a bad feeling about this…" Combustion grumbled hotly, both metaphorically and literally.

"oh, go jump in puddle." Aon thought back, mildly annoyed.

"you know, if I didn't have any common sense to get in the way of my loyalty I probably would." The Typhlosion thought back, equally annoyed.

Aon ignored this, and looked at the hunk of land they were approaching. He had dealt with drug dealers before, so this should be easy. Typically, drugs are flammable, making them easy targets for Combustion. Then, the dealers disguised the drugs as barrels of fuel, which they put next to real fuel which made the mission end in a big bang, so to speak. Then again, Aon had never worked with anyone other than combustion, so he didn't know how anyone else would work and was curious to find out.

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
  • Cycle's first thought was questioning what a Kabutops needed with a shipment of drugs. What a living fossil would need with barrels of narcotics was beyond him. He wasn't paid to think though. He was paid handsomely to cause death and destruction, and he intended to do that job and do it well.

Spinespark's fur crackled with anticipation, she was ready. Cycle petted her, then sighed. Client's orders, Rick wanted the drugs recovered, they couldn't ignite the place in a sparking inferno.

At least not at first, he thought.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 7, 2023
    That whole affair risked to become...disappointing, veeeery fast. Anna somehow recognized that someone who could afford to pay for such an office and to hire some (or at least one) of the most expensive mercenaries would have to be an important and busy person, but the Saviour inexplicable departure had left her with a bitter flavour in her mouth; and the Princess did not like bitterness, at all.

So, she was thinking about the whole thing: she knew no more than before, but the White-Neck-Saviour assured that, by her standards (oh, the look on his face before he understood what she meant almost got a giggle out of her!), the mission would have been fun. That was good and all, but the fact that the Mysterious Quest did not seem about to begin wasn't promising at all. She sighed heavily, looking at Knight that was nosing around - without really getting somewhere - and then at the incredibly thick glass. Taking care of the place: seriously, what a boring...

And then, she saw them: armed with crowbars and guns, dressed with travel, comfortable clothes, wearing an hard, determined face. And, somehow, going towards the very same building Anna was sitting in.

Knight could not believe to his eyes.

Please, tell me that the last Rare Candy was spoilt and i did not see you licking the blade like a second-rate villain. Please.

MasterfulD

Passerby Boy
    Years
  • (I'm back. See the OOC, thread - i'm taking control of Rick.)

The Boat, Off the coast of Sandgem
    One of the humans was regarding Rick with something like... disdain? Or was it confusion... Pokemon mercenaries were common in this part of the world, but perhaps this person had never seen one... He turned his cold eyes onto him.
    "I would appreciate it if you would stop staring, human."

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
  • (Sorry I'm late, just showed up for the party.)

Well this was interesting. Aiden had thought that being late meant that he'd have less action. But after slinking through this town and taking in Intel, he noticed the bandits. Go figure they were moving towards the building that was his target. That was expected after all. A little bit of action, some formal meetings, and then they'd begin their mission. Aiden's mind thought that this was slightly clichéd; he had experienced this kind of intro so many times that it was beginning to bore him. He needed a little bit of a shake up.

"Ready Umbra?"

"Missss…."

"Good. Let's move in then."

Aiden walked forward slowly, his hands in his pockets and Umbra floating behind his head. He extended his right arm out, so that it was pointed towards the rear Bandit. Aiden smiled. This guy had a lot of pent up anger, sorrow, and angst. That would work well. Aiden twisted his hand. The man stopped.

Aiden walked up to him, chuckling.

"Have fun you emotionless husk."

Now that he had some extra energy, Aiden could begin the real fun.

"Umbra, stop the three in the back with a Mean Look."

The Misdreavus nodded, and floated over to the Bandits. Once they noticed her it was too late, they were too badly intimidated. Aiden strolled up to them.

"Evening gentlemen. We could do this the easy way, which would involve you surrendering, or we could do it the hard way, which would involve me killing you. Which would you like?"

The Bandits stared at Aiden incredulously. Who did this kid think he was? He dared to make threats to them? They would show this punk. They would show him. They looked at each other and smiled. Three against one. This kid would die. They began to spread out, wrapping themselves around Aiden.

"Umbra, Shadow Ball one, I'll get the other two."

"Dreeaaavus!"

Umbra released a powerful Shadow Ball towards one of the Bandits, knocking him down. Then she Grinned and floated in front of his face. He was terrified. Umbra's Necklace began to glow as she absorbed his fear. After his fear was gone, she charged up another Shadow Ball before firing it at his head. It was easy.

Aiden grinned as he repeatedly dodged his foes' attacks. They had almost gone into a frenzy when Umbra finished off their friend, and now their slashes were erratical and wide, very easy to dodge. But Aiden had enough fun toying with them. It was time to end this. He kicked one in the jaw and knocked him out immediately. Aiden turned towards the other and stuck his arm into his chest. Then he squeezed. Aiden pulled his arm out and looked at his hand. He watched the blood run down his arm, dripping off of his elbow. The rest of the Bandits looked at him, shocked. Aiden licked the blood off of the tip of his finger and looked past the Bandits towards the building.

"Hey Princess, Do you want to take them out, or shall I?"

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 7, 2023
    ...Anna was very fast in correcting herself: the day was going really well. As in, "lot of fun", of course: she followed the short battle between the boy (so cute! His face had some known traits, though) and the bandits...and more she observed that strange fight, more she felt...akin to the one that, with no doubt, was another mercenary hired by the Saviour.
    She giggled softly: for his name, he chose some strange companions...

...and then he spoke.

Hey Princess, Do you want to take them out, or shall I?

She barely heard him, but it was enough. She opened the thick window and, with a smile, said:

I'm counting on you for the landing, Knight!

Then she jumped; and the poor Gallade had only a split second to realize it, run to the open gap, jump himself and throw a mind blast to the rapidly nearing floor in order to stop the fall.

For God sake, Anna! You will get both of us killed one day or the other, like this, and not even in battle!

And still it worked: the Princess landed gracefully on the floor, without so much as dirtying her skirt - even if maybe she could have flashed the boy. Accidentally - and smiled sweetly at the one who, later, would have been known as the Shadow.

You are nothing short of a real gentleman, dear! I will accept your kind offer.

Then, sword in hand, she moved toward the remaining bandits, not even stopping while the sharp blade cleanly cut the emotionless man's throat; she looked at the bruised outlaw and, sighing heavily, turned to look at Knight - who didn't need any other explanations.

...all right, all right, I'll take the broken one, M'lady.

The two poor (?) men didn't even have time to scream: in a single, fluid motion, that took no more than a blink to be executed, Anna and Knight were behind them, just as blood started to gush profusely from the gutted bandits.

Back