• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Merry Christmas!

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
Years
  • Okay, I used the script in the Essentials Wiki and this error came up.

Exception: RuntimeError
    Exception: SystemStackError
    Message: Section132:38:in `__mf_initialize'stack level too deep
    ***Full script:
    Kernel.pbAddPokemon(PBSpecies::MEW,20)
    $Trainer.pokegear=true
    $PokemonGlobal.runningShoes=true

Interpreter:239:in `pbExecuteScript'
    PokemonMultipleForms:38:in `__mf_initialize'

Interpreter:274:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:1583:in `command_355'
    Interpreter:492:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:191:in `update'
    Interpreter:104:in `loop'
    Interpreter:196:in `update'
    Scene_Map:96:in `update'
    Scene_Map:94:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:107:in `update'
    Scene_Map:63:in `main'

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
    Years
  • It looks like your code is stuck in an infinite loop. Just googling the term "SystemStackError" told me that much.

huh? What do you mean?...maybe I should tell you I'm using the May 7 version of pokemon essentials. Maybe that's the problem.

Years
  • I have 2 problems:
    1. When i summary the Pokémon outside of battle, i get an error.
    2. The cry's are playing 2 times.

Can someone help me?

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • I have 2 problems:
    1. When i summary the Pokémon outside of battle, i get an error.
    2. The cry's are playing 2 times.

Can someone help me?

In addition to redefining the battle script with
    Code:
    .bitmap = pbLoadPokemonBitmap

You have to do the same thing with the summary script.

Go to the line in the Summery script where it displays the Pokemon sprite. It should be fairly easy to identify. (HINT: It's outlined in purple text).

About the cries, just delete one of the lines of code that play a sound effect during the battle. I.E. Go to Pokemon_ActualScene and delete Audio.se.play or something like that in the Pokemon send out script.

Years
  • Thank you, it finally works!

EDIT: Next problem, when is start a wild battle, and the Pokemon is grayisch (When it's moving to the enemybase) the second frame play's while it's grayisch. How can i fix this?

Last edited:

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • Okay, I have another issue. When I use the Sprite Repositioner, it won't show the sprites above 493. They are just blank. Funny thing about that though. I can see the front sprites just fine, it's the back sprites that are invisible. FYI, these are my custom pokemon, the ones all past 493. They go up to 524, at the moment. Any idea on how I can look at the back sprites for my custom pokemon via the Sprite Repositioner?

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • Would it be possible to mod the script so that the animation loops and creates somewhat of a Black and White effect?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Would it be possible to mod the script so that the animation loops and creates somewhat of a Black and White effect?
    Certainly. The sprites already bob up and down - it's not much of a stretch to make it an animated sprite instead.

ashthebest10

Creator of Pocket Monsters
    Years
  • Pokemon Backs

When I put the code in for Animated trainer pokemon. It says Cannot Convert Animatedbitemap into bitmap? I have the latest version of essentials and I did exactly what the tutorial says. Please help me!
    Also I can't get the backrounds of the battler graphics to be transparent. I imported them as usual and they still show in battle.

Last edited:

ashthebest10

Years
  • I did everything as the tutorial says and the wild pokemon work fine but if a trainer or the player sends out a pokemon I get this error:
    Exception: TypeError
    PokeBattle_ActualScene:1801:in `bitmap='
    PokeBattle_ActualScene:1801:in `pbSendOut'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2191:in `pbSendOut'
    PokeBattle_Battle:702:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:493:in `pbStartBattle'
    PokemonField:766:in `pbWildBattle'
    PokemonField:765:in `pbSceneStandby'
    PokemonField:767:in `pbWildBattle'
    PokemonField:764:in `pbBattleAnimation'
    PokemonField:764:in `pbWildBattle'

Sombody please help I have tried and tried to figure it out.

A;so I screwed my game up and had to redo the animation scripting. The first time I did it the wild pokemon worked fine but I still had the problem shown above. Now when I did it over again, it the battle still works but the entire sceen is black except for the little curser beside the text. I have no Idea why this is happening but i think it has to do with the @sprites["pokemon1(2)"]=PokemonSprite.new(battle.doublebattle,1,@viewport) line of code you add to the PokeBattle_ActualScene script. Any Ideas whats going on?

Last edited:

ashthebest10

Years
  • I'm using "Luka's 7 steps to animated pokemon and trainers" scripts. When a pokemon appears in battle or is sent out, it goes from a battler gaphic in a folder called frame1 to a graphic in a folder called frame2 with some waiting in between. What it does, if you dont know, is look like they "move" when they appear just like the real pokemon games. I want to loop between frame1 and a folder called frame3 throughout the battle to give the appearance that they are more lifelike sort of breathing and things like that. Any ideas how to make this happen?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    PLS. T^T

can anyone make a tutorials of this......

because i can't really get it...

T^T

2.Setting up Event Triggers
    Now that you have prepared your folders, it's time to start scripting. Go into the script "Game_Player" and search for a line of code which contains:
    if Input.trigger?(Input::C) && !$PokemonTemp.miniupdate
    Underneath this line of code, put this script:
    facingEvent=$game_player.pbFacingEvent
    if facingEvent && facingEvent.name.include?("Leader")
    $game_switches[X]=true
    End
    The letter "X" should be defined by an ID of any one of your custom switches. Be sure to remember this switch as it will be used more often. Now go into the script "PokeBattle_ActualScene" and search for the following:
    def pbEndBattle(result)
    Underneath this type:
    $game_switches[X]=false
    With X being the ID of the switch you previously defined. This will now allow you to start battles with trainers which have multiple frames. The way this works is, that any trainer you want to have multiple frames, the event that triggers it and the event that shows its NPC is named "Leader". To make this work, you need to face this event while triggering it. If your battle is triggered by another event, all you need to do is just turn the switch "X" you defined ON.

this is the part i can't understand!!!!!! pls. help T^T

Last edited:

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
    Years
  • OMG :( I finally thought I did it, but...it just turned up blank. Here's my scirpt

Spoiler:

Back