• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Mesprit/Cressilia Woes

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I caught Mesprit! :D

Two Close Combats, and then 1 Quick Ball, and it was caught! :o

I have Cresselia in the Red Area, so, I'm training my Rotom, which I retaught Thunder Wave! :3

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Try timer balls if it's taking a while. If it's a night, use dusk balls : P
    Some suggestions.
    Timer Balls only have a good chance after long periods of time durng one battle. Each time they flee, the battle is over until you find it again, and then it's a new battle. Use Ultra Balls or Quick Balls, if at night, use Dusk Balls or Quick Balls. But I recommend getting their HP down, but if you do decide to use Timer Balls, use Mean Look or Block. It will keep them from escaping.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
    You could have a Crobat knowing Hypnosis and Mean Look... If I'm not mistaken, but I believe to get it knowing Hypnosis, you have to breed.

Again, I could be wrong...

EDIT: I am right. Just checked serebii.

Last edited:

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
    I can't get my Cressilia... It's been like 10 times now trying to get it.. I wish i saved my master ball for it instead of Mesprit.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Ummm, I'm not sure. But all I know is, whenever I search for an access point, the internet connection I am using right now does not show up, and all the others require a password.

Security settings on your wireless router should be set to WEP.

The Red Chain

Guys, Wobbuffet is your best friend. Shadow Tag ability for the win..
    Less you don't have the Poke Radar, then.. lol for you. XD
    Timer Balls and Quick Balls work best on both Mesprit and Cresselia.
    [Considering you made it so neither can escape, Timer Balls are the best choice.]
    Waiting for night time is such a pain.. But if it is night time, use Dusk Balls..
    They have an extra 1.5 catch rate at night or in caves.

SkittyLover77

No, not the face!
    Years
    Wow, you guys have been a great help. ^^ Unfortunately, though, I haven't caught Mesprit yet. ._.; *shot*

gaara_of_the_desert: I have taken your advice and am now training a team of Magnezone, Gabite, Medicham, Dusclops, Floatzel, and Giratina to beat the E4 with. Thanks a bunch! 8D

J£¡zåя∂27: I cannot catch a Wobbuffet without a Pokeradar. I cannot catch a Pokeradar without catching the E4. *shot for improper grammar*

giradialkia: I have now been using that trick of crossing the border between towns and waiting for Mesprit. It has helped me encounter Mesprit a whole bunch more times. 8D Thanks!

Gymnotide: I am now on a quest to capture a Crobat. Thankies!

Earl1375: I will see if I can breed Hypnosis onto my Golbat. O:

Revolución: I would like you to know I am a she, not a he. XD

You guys have been so helpful! ^^ I can't thank you enough. But after I catch Mesprit and beat the E4...I'll have to track down-*abrupt silence*-the three legendary birds. *Jaws music plays in the backround.*

So yeah, I'm off to catch me some Mesprit! O:

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    Gosh, I was so lucky with my Mesprit, it stayed in the first Quick ball I threw at it. :'D It had only 1 hp left though, since I had weakened it with random encounters and the False Swipe of my Weavile. I just though, "Oh well, I might as well try to throw a Quick Ball since I met it again", I seriously didn't expect it to stay in. xD

I haven't caught Cresselia yet, but I thought of using Gengar against it with both Mean Look and Hypnosis. I caught a Gengar for this purpose from the Old Chateau (you can find those if you have any 3rd Gen game in DS's slot) but I guess Crobat is a fine choise too. The good thing about Gengar is that it learn Mean look and Hypnosis at a really low level. ;)

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    Mean Look, Sleep Powder, Dusk Ball, Caught.

That's the easiest way. Oh wait, there's the EASIEST way:
    Master Ball.

Right now, since it's in red health, just do a sleeping move
    and throw a dusk ball. It's perfect conditions to get caught.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    I know how much trouble mesprit can be to catch.
    I spent Five hours chasing mine and throwing duskballs at it on platinum.
    Just gotta keep at it.

Years
    Mesprit is being a very big pain in my behind right now. Red Health, 30 Quick Balls, still no Mesprit. I'm getting sick of its little games right about now. D:

I haven't seen Cressilia yet, as I haven't beaten the E4 yet. I would beat them, but I am currently keeping my Pokemon at Lv. 50 for the World Championships in May.

Anyone else feeling me on this one?

Turn the time to night and use dusk balls. Quick Balls loose power every 5 turns. Dusk Balls at night are better than Ultra Balls.

For me, I just had a Weavile use False Swipe on Mespirit, sent out a level 100 Pikachu from the GTS and use thunder wave. (2 different accounters) then the third encounter I had a Crobat with Mean Look. Actually, I had about 5. XD So I used Dusk Balls. :P

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    your best chance of catching the legendaries and not having them run off is one simple Pokémon: Gastly.

or at least Haunter/Gengar. lol not only will it learn Mean Look, but it will also know Hypnosis (and even if it doesn't know it at first, go to the Move Tutor). This should simplify your legend woes. :D

Flaps

<Insert awsome line here>
    Years
    Just wait till you get to the legendary birds!

Lv.60
    They have Roost
    They have a catch rate of 3
    There's epic music to make it all the more tense

I caught them one with a repeat ball one with a dive ball and one with a luxary ball, it took me 7 hours .

Good luck.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Just wait till you get to the legendary birds!

Lv.60
    They have Roost
    They have a catch rate of 3
    There's epic music to make it all the more tense

I caught them one with a repeat ball one with a dive ball and one with a luxary ball, it took me 7 hours .

Good luck.

I got fed up with those three knuckle heads so what I did was take the birds I caught from FR/LG and traded them to PPT

:t354:TG

Years
    Dusk balls at night work better than Quick balls as far as I know. Thats how I got Cresselia. I gave up on Mesprit and used the Master ball, a move I still regret.

Mean look is an ok move to use, but be wary. If it knocks out the pokemon that has Mean Look, it's no longer in effect and it can run. Happened several times with Mesprit and my Haunter (there's a risk with Cresselia too, as Psychic destroys ghost pokemon). Just keep it asleep and you should be fine; that would need a pokemon that can outrun it though, and few do.

Edit: just saw your post; a Crobat is an excellent option. It should be able to outrun a level 50 Mesprit.

RenzokukenofCerberus

The Heart Break Kid
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen May 3, 2009
    I actually just caught Mesprit after like 1 year of trying. Mesprit and Cresslia seem to be harder to catch than even Latios or the Legendary dogs.

But just keep at it, I caught Mesprit with an ultra ball when he was in very low yellow health.

Forever Forum

Its Hell getting into Heaven
    Years
    I caught Mesprit and Cresselia yesterday.

I am going to admit, I did Master Ball Cresselia, but for Mesprit, I kept attacking it little by little then Ultra Ball'd it. More or less luck on my part.

Back