• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Messenger Plus! Live 4.00

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    Patchou and company at Messenger Plus! have confirmed that their extension to Windows Live Messenger will be available on Saturday. A new site dedicated to the distribution of the add-on, 'msgpluslive.net', will also be created.

They did it! Microsoft finally released Windows Live Messenger publicly today. After the longest period of public testing for a MSN Messenger client, Windows Live Messenger (MSN Messenger 8) is going to be a pleasant surprise for old time Messenger users. The interface of this new version has been completely redesigned, it's more simple, cleaner, and yet more powerful than anything else MSN has released so far. You'll have to get used to talk about Windows Live though and not MSN (although I suspect most of us will keep on calling the client "MSN" for a long time).

Because of the new direction taken by Microsoft, Messenger Plus! was also completely redesigned. It took 8 months of full time work but your favorite add-on is now ready to go public as well. The new version of Messenger Plus! (4.00), distributed under the name "Messenger Plus! Live", will be officially released this Saturday, June 24th, at 23:40 GMT. The new web site will also be put online at the same time, and a last post on this site will be made to start the transition period. These are exciting days for anybody interested in Microsoft's Messenger clients and its surrounding communities, make sure you don't miss any associated event!

See you soon at msgpluslive.net :).

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    Alright, I've just installed it. Looks quite good from what I can see. I'm going to have a little nose around and see what I can find to interest me.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    Well this is very nice, I like the new feature where you can change the color of your MSN username, black was getting a little boring.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Nice... The feature I like the most is that you can see who doesn't have you on their contact list but you do.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Messenger-Plus! Live doesn't use plugins anymore.
    They were replaced by scripts, therefore, all the old plugins won't work anymore, unless an adaption script for them is made.

You can find the scripts to use in MSG-Plus! Live here.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I just downloaded WML and already, I love thier features. So, I guess Messager Plus Live 4.00 will be awesome! I am downloading it now.

Back