• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Metagross or Salmence?

Years
    Salamence! It's my favorite Pokemon ever! I really love dragons, and Salamence has one of the coolest designs ever. I think that Metagross is still cool, and I like its concept. Shiny Metagross has a nice color scheme too.

Years
    salamence >>>>

'mence carries a lot of memories for me for when i used to have it as part of my gen 3 team. and i think in pokemon colosseum/XD. and i think i used to have it in other main game teams, too! i was (and still am to some extent) such a huge fan of it!! probably one of the very few non-cute pokemon i like, tbh.

metagross is alright, but i've never really had any particularly strong feelings about it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Metagross. It's my favorite of all the pseudos. I love the design and I'm pretty fond of steel types.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Metagross. However, I do like the duality between the two:

ancient dragon vs. modern computer
    Dragon Type vs Steel Type (the only type to actually resist Dragon back then)
    Intimidate vs Clear Body
    Salamence's high attack vs. Metagross' high defense

It all points toward Metagross being Salamence's nemesis in the worst type of way, basically countering all of its aspects. Of course, in practice things are a lot more difficult as Salamence has a lot of coverage to hit Metagross back.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
    I am also a fan of both but I'm a fan of dragons so my choice is Salamence. It looks fierce and the lore of Bagon dreaming of flying is adorable.

Years
    I love Salamence. It's my favorite Dragon type. However I think I might like Metagross more. Especially it's mega.
    Mega salamence has always looked weird to me.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Salamence by a hair. Views both as a little boring-looking. Sees Salamence as a generic dragon and Metagross as a four-legged metal sphere with an 'X' face. (Could boil a lot of good Pokemon down into terms like this, admittedly. Wonders why Avalugg never got the same love as Metagross, though. Considers them similar forms.)

Years
    Metagross or Salmence?

I love both, however, Salamence truly has my heart! My second favourite dragon type (Garchomp slightly edging it out), my love for this majestic dual type pokemon is unmatched. Salamence just has such a simplistic, sleek, & elegant design. How I would love to ride atop one.

Years
    I prefer Metagross by a lot. I find Salamance way too generic for my taste, especially since we also got Flygon this gen and Dragonite and Charizard existed way before this one. and it has one of the worst (design-wise) mega evolution.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Metagross. He's much more unique looking. Nothing against Salamance but he has no qualities that make me gravitate to him more than Dragonite and Tyranitar.

Years
    well im more into water and fairy types and since azumaril could defeat salamence i prefer metagross but to be honest i dont like salamence anymore than i like blastiose or charizard

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2021
    I like Metagross way more. Much more unique design and typing.

Salamence isn't bad, mind you. It's just Metagross is so cool.

Years
    • Online now
    Allways struggled to like pseudo-legendaries. But I guess Metagross because it's more unique design and typing-wise, while Salamence didn't bring anything new to the table, it's pretty much a fusion between Charizard and Dragonite. I think Altaria was more original and stood out to me more than Salamence.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2021
    Metagross! Psychic is my favorite type, and many of my favorite pokemon, including Metagross, are Psychic types. I love the fact that it has the computational ability of a supercomputer. Also, it is the signature pokemon of the best Champion.

Back