• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Metallica: Death Magnetic

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    So anyone here a Metallica fan like me?

(I'm having some doubts since Pokemon and Metallica...don't really mix well)

Tell me, what do you think of the three singles released so far from the upcoming album, Death Magnetic?

"The Day That Never Comes" - I will not lie. When I heard this song on the radio in the car, I wanted to roll down the windo, flip some andom dude on the sidewalk off, and shout "METAL UP YOUR (censored language)!!!!!!!!! It was an amazing song to hear from Metallica and still is to me.

"My Apocalypse" - This song really made me move, and it reminded me of how Metallica used to end their albums (with songs like Dyers Eve and Damage Inc.) Metallica realy outdid themselves on this song. The only thing I saw that may be a bit hard to accept for some, was that the St. Anger Snare sorta returned, it is a little loose, but that's probably only because Lars rocked so hard on the songs before it.

"Cyanide" - I prefer the live version compared to the studio version actually. Mostly because the tempo is faster in the live version, and it made me move. But the Bass Riff is just amazing, I was like "YEEEESSSS!!!!!' When I heard the bass riff on the live version. I like to pretend I'm doing that riff with my fingers like all kool and stuff, only I'm a drummer...lol.

I cannot wait for Death Magnetic. Metallica's back people! Better than ever!

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
    It all sounds, sadly, like they're a parody of their early-self. Thrash :\

Fixed.
    All I can say is, welcome back Metallica. Their fast, crazy riffs are back, and even though I've only heard 3 songs from the album, I know this will be better than Load, ReLoad and St. Anger.
    Nice to hear that James Hetfield and Kirk Hammett still have it in them. My Apocalypse was crazy, reminds me of some of the Kill Em All stuff. Bassline for Cyanide was simple but cool, and it's nice to see Trujillo being involved and bringing some of his funky basslines with 'Tallica.

September 12, here we come.

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
    Years
    I don't know why, but so many of my friends are hating on the album. They keep comparing it to Master of Puppets. No... just no. There is no reason to compare it to an album they did around twenty years ago. They are older and most people change with age, as does a band's music. I, for one, really like their new sound. They still have some familiar ideas and aspects, also. I dig it. :)

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
    Most, if not all the new songs from Death Magnetic are already on Youtube. Apparently some French music store released them today so that's why they've found their way to the Internet.

So far I like what I'm hearing. I will definitely get this album.
    [Oh, and the intro riff for The End of the Line is the same riff from The New Song that was performed ages ago. Nice to see it found its way to Death Magnetic.]

SamuraiMaster

Years
    Metallica's probably pissed that some of their songs are realeased early.

lol

Only the three mwentioned above are available on itunes right now.

I've downloaded those three for free, but they better not complain, I['m BUYING the album. lol

I don't know if Metallica has found a new sound completally, I'm comparing it to their old sound, with a touch of later Iron Maiden. It's kool!

DeathMetalGod

Demigod
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    This may or may not be good news, but Death Magnetic leaked. I have a friend who listened to it and I think he likes it! Personally, I'm not a fan of Metallica at all. I was a Metallica fan at one time and they got me into metal. However I found more metal and I found them better than Metallica. I think there's so many better metal bands out there.

SamuraiMaster

Years
    Yeah, I think they released it early in France, then it came over here.

Buying it!

2 more days......

GOD I CANT WAIT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vie

Years
    they said that metallica agreed inofficial to come to wacken 2009. and I´ll be there.

SamuraiMaster

Years
    I envy you.

They're coming to my town in November...16 days before my birthday...mom won't let me gooooooo...........

Back