• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] metapod23's Fakemon Sprites (Gigatt added)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I quite like your sprites - the millide line is cute!

I think with the evolutions critique, it depends on how much is changing. I respect that you'd rather evolutions look related (another reason the Millide line is cool) but your two snails could almost past for the same monster at two angles. If you were to describe them, would you describe them differently? I suppose that's the crux of it.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I quite like your sprites - the millide line is cute!

I think with the evolutions critique, it depends on how much is changing. I respect that you'd rather evolutions look related (another reason the Millide line is cool) but your two snails could almost past for the same monster at two angles. If you were to describe them, would you describe them differently? I suppose that's the crux of it.

Thank you ^_^

I admit that Gritsnail is pretty much just a bigger, meaner looking version of Siltsnail, but I think that is true of a few Pokémon's evolutions, so I think it's okay to have that every now and then. Not all my Fakemon are that way. It does have some differences, including a longer neck, bigger antennae, and a slightly different shaped shell, but I might be able to add some differences to it to make it stand out more. I would describe the first one as a cute baby snail and the other one as a tougher adult snail, lol.

I have two more Fakemon to add, though I don't feel as strongly about them as the previous ones. I did some strong redesigns from the originals drawing I did since I felt they need some more real-life relevance, and re-named them:

bilthy.png

Bilthy
    Dust Pokémon
    Type: Ground

bandisoot.png

Bandisoot
    Dust Pokémon
    Type: Ground

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I've got two more Fakemon to add:

fetrid_1.png

Fetrid
    Skunk Pokémon
    Type: Poison

steenfink_1.png

Steenfink
    Skunk Pokémon
    Type: Poison

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2016
    I'd just like to say that I think the Chiimunk evolution line is actually pretty awesome. As MorallyIncorrect has pointed out, the don't differ as much as they probably should, but the flames look really good! At least, much better than I can do, lol. Keep up the good work!

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I'd just like to say that I think the Chiimunk evolution line is actually pretty awesome. As MorallyIncorrect has pointed out, the don't differ as much as they probably should, but the flames look really good! At least, much better than I can do, lol. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the comment! I really appreciate the positive feedback! :)

Here's the next two that I did. I'm a little unsure of them, but I think they turned out all right:

gigatt_1.png

Gigatt
    Jackrabbit Pokémon
    Type: Electric

jakuwatt_3.png

Jakuwatt
    Jackrabbit Pokémon
    Type: Electric

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2020
    I got one sprite to add.
    I would use it as Lickitung :)

2lieo8x.jpg

Unicorn Pokémon
    Type:UNKNOWN

MGDubois

Comic Maker
    Years
  • I like how you went with flying ghost fighting instead of the usual fire water grass starters, that's a pretty clever twist on the typical pokemon universe.

Back