• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Metric or Imperial?

Years
    I grew up with the Imperial System and it's absolute nonsense. Tablespoons, Teaspoons, dessert spoons, soup spoons ... And the fact that inches aren't based on a power of ten system?!

That being said, I still can't convert from mph to km/h very easily.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
    Its interesting to think, that America has to be special. Idk who still used it besides America, but still. But for science, we use metric system. (or whatever everyother country uses) America just likes to be special.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'd say the metric system is a lot better, but as an American, I only really know the Imperial - and I have a poor understanding of that.

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I don't think anyone would ever seriously argue that imperial is a better system than metric. The main argument for not switching to it is that it would cost a lot of time, money, and effort, and the return on it would be basically non-existent. It's not a significant barrier; we're all carrying around pocket-sized supercomputers by the standards of 20 years ago and they can convert between the two instantaneously on demand. It's just not worth it to go through the hassle of switching for something so trivial.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
    i actually agree with that, we can easily convert measurments from one thing to another. Now let me say this, if you plan on only living in america and not do anything science related, you are good to go really with the imperial system, because without those things i said you dont need to know the metric.

Back