• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mew and the Wave Guiding Hero - Rukario characters in Sugimori style?!

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    The artwork for this years movie can be seen on the GameFreak site for a limited time only.

Since Sugimori drawn characters for the movie are rarely seen, I decided I should inform you guys :)

And on the bottom of the page, you can actually see the Sugimori art for the AG characters. His comments are quite deeply thought too, such as the comment for the new Satoshi design being:
    "His hat only has half a Pokeball to symbolize that Satoshi is still not a Pokemon master yet, and still a regular Pokemon trainer, hence not fully achieving his goal. However, I've balanced out the design by drawing the bottom half of the Pokeball on his shirt".

Last edited:

Sumnor

Altoshipper!!
    Years
    It's such a rare treat to see more new artwork from Sugimori. ^^

I certainly never knew that Satoshi's PokeBall designs were quite symbolic like that. Very interesting. =)

I wonder what Sugimori had to comment on the other characters.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Sumnor said:
    It's such a rare treat to see more new artwork from Sugimori. ^^

I certainly never knew that Satoshi's PokeBall designs were quite symbolic like that. Very interesting. =)

I wonder what Sugimori had to comment on the other characters.
    Takeshi: Has a lot of pcokets, because he is the "handy-man" of the gang. I wanted to use orange as his colour, since he wore it in the previous series, and I stuck with giving him orange/gray.

Haruka: No front design, since the design for the game character will be used. The theme for the R/S characters is "a kid who loves to cycle", hence the bandana, hip-bag, sneakers etc.

Masato: A bit kiddy, yet smart, so I thought a character with glasses would be the perfect fit. His image colour is green, as this was the only good colour left for him.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    Omg, so awesome. Thanks for sharing! XD As for the comment on Ash's clothes, I never realized the half Pok?ball. -blind-

Back