• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Mew Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoSox18

GO SOX!
Years
  • new info from a faq at gamefaqs,

Mew
    ===========================================================================
    After a few months of Mudkips games, I have finally been able to crack the
    mew mystery, and here it is:

Conditions:
    -Get both Ruby and Sapphire Plates and have access to the unknown dungeon
    -Unknowns !?
    -Mewtwo
    -Ditto

Once all conditions are done, put Mewtwo in your first slot, and have ditto in the second, with Unknown ! being third, and Unknown ? being fourth.Have a Pokemon that knows surf, and fly to island 6 and swim to the transfermation cave after the forest. Once you enter, the ground will start shaking and reveal a flight of stairs. Continue until you get to the final room, where mew is. He is at level 30, so be careful.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Mew's overworld sprite is in the game but no events have been found that show it. People suggest that in BETA Mew appeared on the 9th island instead of Deoxys and that they just left the sprite in.

What happens in the video that the pic is from (view it here: http://home.comcast.net/~bladeliger689/mew.zip ) and what you just quoted BoSox contradict. Mew is at level 10 in the video and you said level 30.

Notes on movie:
    -Unknown Dungeon Tileset
    -Mt. Moon music
    -new weird map
    -is played on Game Boy Player
    -mist seems light(could be capture card/Game Boy Player problem)
    -could be real or fake

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • I've been browsing GameFAQs and supposedly the guy who captured that movie is on vacation for the next 1-2 weeks....

Oh and I forgot about the other Mew topic...

~~MERGED~~

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • This is the trouble with Nintendo releasing so many new Pokemon games. Everyone wants all the old uber rare monsters again, and there's no real way that Nintendo can include them in-game without deeming the whole "download Mew only at special roadshows" fiasco (back in the Red & Blue days) pretty pointless.

Personally, I think that while obtaining rare Pokemon like Mew and Celebi in-game ruins their overall elusiveness, it's equally annoying having to use a gimmicky E-Reader device or download machine to obtain them. They should be dished out as prizes in games like Pokemon Coloseum.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2004
    agreed... although e reader doesnt bother me that much cause i have one and i can link with my sis's gba.

Shinin

Banned
    Years
  • there's probably a secret cave in Unkown Dungeon or a secret area in the Cinnibar Mansion... or an island gotten to with the e-reader...
    or there could be a PROMOTION CONTEST THINGY LIKE FOR MEW IN R/B/Y!!!
    Or a promotion to get an e-reader card like Southern Island. But there's probably gonna be a promotion to get the Aurora Ticket (to go to Deoxy's island)

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2004
    im thinkin they will do ecard or have some sort of special location where you have to do special stuff like with the regis

Neko Keeshi

ub3r l33t n00b
    Years
  • If Mew can be caught, HOW?

Unknown so far, we do not know yet if mew can be caught.

So, if it can, HOW do you expect them to have mew hidden?

Personaly, I think it should be 100% random. have a 1% chance of encountering him whereever yopu can catch pokemon, but only after the game is beat, and pokedex is filled....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back