• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Mew Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamRocket

Maybe it should be a Latias/Latios/Entei/Suicune/Raikou sort of thing

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
  • this is just another thread where u can make up a way to catch mew until someone finds out the truth.( but i like those kinds of threads)

(quote)Personaly, I think it should be 100% random. have a 1% chance of encountering him whereever yopu can catch pokemon, but only after the game is beat, and pokedex is filled....

that is good but not after u beat the game bcuz theres just so much to do after E4, catch 3 birds, find 1 dog, breed, unlock other islands, catch mewtwo, trade to r/s, fix machine, and more.
    once u catch 100 pkmn :mew: would be unlocked in the wild, but can only be caught with the supreme ball(<-made it up ) and be supremely weaken,like -half life. u also cant track down mew in the pokedex until u get the 8th badge, but mew would always be out there after u caught 100 pkmn(until u capture it of coarse)

grifinator

grim ripper
    Years
  • keep on dreaming!!! the only way you can catch it is by gameshark code or read the initial poke red faq and see how(instead of a diploma you get mew in the jappaneese version!!! after you catch all the pokemon(150) and finish the game at least once)

Phantom Angel

aka Dark Heaven
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 30, 2004
    stewie&rupert said:
    this is just another thread where u can make up a way to catch mew until someone finds out the truth.( but i like those kinds of threads)

(quote)Personaly, I think it should be 100% random. have a 1% chance of encountering him whereever yopu can catch pokemon, but only after the game is beat, and pokedex is filled....

that is good but not after u beat the game bcuz theres just so much to do after E4, catch 3 birds, find 1 dog, breed, unlock other islands, catch mewtwo, trade to r/s, fix machine, and more.
    once u catch 100 pkmn :mew: would be unlocked in the wild, but can only be caught with the supreme ball(<-made it up ) and be supremely weaken,like -half life. u also cant track down mew in the pokedex until u get the 8th badge, but mew would always be out there after u caught 100 pkmn(until u capture it of coarse)
    Hm...who said you can catch mew with that way? =/
    You give us the fake way.(try it but it won't work)

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
  • Phantom Angel said:
    Hm...who said you can catch mew with that way? =/
    You give us the fake way.(try it but it won't work)

i didnt say thats how u catch mew u i*i*t
    the new mew thread was to make-up a way to catch mew,NOTE:make-up.
    why was the mews discussions merged, they both have different reasons to it.

this mew thread:i opened this thread to ask how to catch mew bcuz theres a sprite.
    new mew thread:that was opened to make-up a way to catch mew.

seperate the two mew threads again(if possible)they both have different reasons.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • stewie&rupert said:
    i didnt say thats how u catch mew u i*i*t
    the new mew thread was to make-up a way to catch mew,NOTE:make-up.
    why was the mews discussions merged, they both have different reasons to it.

this mew thread:i opened this thread to ask how to catch mew bcuz theres a sprite.
    new mew thread:that was opened to make-up a way to catch mew.

seperate the two mew threads again(if possible)they both have different reasons.
    1) They are both about Mew and ways to get it (made up or not)
    2) Made up/fake ways to get a Pokemon should go in the Pokemon Rumors forum
    3) It is extremely difficult to split threads (you need to specify where each and every post goes, and have a good memory to do that, which I don't have...)

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
  • not saying in a bad way but i wont post here in the "mew discussion" anymore(not that anyone would even care)
    p.s. i didnt create the make-up mew thread it was......well i forgot.(<-sorry :\ )

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2004
    Anyone here recall that real-way to get mew? The one that involves flying before fighting a trainer in R/B/Y? I did that and it worked for me...would that trick be in FR/LG? I mght try it when they come out....if it does then its MEW TIME! :laugh:

PS: For those who don't believe me about catching mew....its works. I think it was posted on this forum a long whiles ago when I was last here.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2004
    There is a possibility that Mew does exist in-game in the overworld like all the other ubers.

Then, there is the possibility that Mew had been replaced by Deoxys, but someone found a debug mode in a Fire Red/Leaf Green ROM and found Mew's sprite.

The reason I think Mew is in the overworld is because of th Transformation cave. The cave is shaped like a Mew. And for some reason, I think that the ! and ? Unowns have something to do with Mew.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Transformation Cave is the one with Lugia and Ho-Oh isn't it? It is shaped like Mew? I never knew.

And I beleive I saw somewhere that it was confirmed that video posted earlier was fake....

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2004
    I don't think Transformation cave is on the island with Lugia and Ho-Oh in it. But, I'm not completely sure. I can't remember.

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
  • Inside of Truck

I'm surprised that the former Mew rumour concerning the SS Anne was not rekindled after Fire Red & Leaf Green were released in Japan, since the "met" values of a Pok?mon do contain an "INSIDE OF TRUCK" value.

View the attached image for clarification.

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
  • Dark_Alakazam said:
    Anyone here recall that real-way to get mew? The one that involves flying before fighting a trainer in R/B/Y? I did that and it worked for me...would that trick be in FR/LG? I mght try it when they come out....if it does then its MEW TIME! :laugh:

PS: For those who don't believe me about catching mew....its works. I think it was posted on this forum a long whiles ago when I was last here.

That glitch was possible through the use of memory leaks in the game: the wild encounter area, level, et cetera. If you recall, the Pok?mon identifier variable was modified by the value of the previously encountered Pok?mon's Special value.

Thus, that glitch could not work now, because Special values are separated into Special Attack and Special Defence. The memory leak issue has likely also been addressed, as well.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • It has been proven that Game Freak did not redo the R/B Mew glitch in FR/LG on purpose. Besides I think it is now impossible to fly away before someone sees you now anyways.

And the Inside of a Truck area is from the beginning of Ru/Sa when you are in the truck moving to your new house...

Last but not least, please try not to double post, please use the edit button.

Leo

www.unowncave.tk
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    i think the truck in the orginal r/b is a sign of noe planning pokemon r/s

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 17, 2024
    It is possible to catch mew. You don't need to use GS/AR/CDBR. You don't need to go to a Ninty event. You don't need to use the truck (though it is there: because when I was hacking I came across it). On the 5th Island if I'm not mistaken there is a rock altar. You use an e-reader to make a sun beam come down on it and mew comes with it. I found this out when I was in Japan recently.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back