• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Mew Event

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    So....new Mew event coming out.

Are you guys pleased about this? I know I am.....

After all, after this and Manaphy, we're only missing Celebi to have all the "cute" 100-all-round legendaries given out over wi-fi!

I hope it's available on DPPt like in Japan, too....we seriously need more Mew.

Mew Event

After all, it's incredibly cute, the rarest, and best HM Slave, and it is extremely cool, in my opinion at least, to have Mew, and the clone Mewtwo. Even if I can't get them both in my LeafGreen Pokedex......

What will you use yours for? Collectable, remaining UT? Cloning, for when people have lost theirs, so you can exploit them? Brilliant battler in your team?

This event is available in the following regions: North America, Europe, Australia

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Just saw the update, and I said to myself, "Finally!" I was starting to wonder if and when we were going to have any further events for HG/SS. I'll definitely be acquiring my Mew on Friday. It's unfortunate it doesn't have anything special to come along with it (i.e. a new move, item, or perhaps a part of the story in the game), but just having it is fair enough.

I would probably expect a Celebi event in Japan during the release of Movie 13's DVD in December, and perhaps in the US prior to when the movie is aired in English; hopefully.

Years
  • I hope I don't forget about this one. >_<
    I would probably only use it for dex completion though more than anything, that and maybe for breeding and trading if anyone wants one.
    But other than that, it just isn't a pokemon I want in my regular team, despite being an amazing HM Slave.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Yes, I am really happy about it because I have never had a Mew, and since I have both HG and SS, now I can have 2! :D

I think I will try and soft-reset for a good nature, if possible, and train one of them just for fun. I don't think I will be using it in competitive, but maybe I will just to show it off. :P

And the other one I will leave untrained, and hopefully trade it for a Celebii or a Darkrai, as those are the only two legendarys I'm missing.

About the HM slave part, it's too bad you can't use HM's on a pokemon to overwrite old HM moves, as that way technically you could have a pokemon that has all of them. It would be like a Swiss HM knife..... :P

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    Finally! An event! It'll be my second one yet. Lucky I bought SoulSilver 6 days ago. Tbh, I'll most likely use the Mew for dex completion... but I will not use it as HM slave fo sho.

RoMeRz

Scotland The Brave
    Years
  • Excuse my stupidity, but what exactly do you need to do in order to take part in this event and squire a mew?

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    This is unexpected/good news! I already have the Japanese event Mew, but I'll take gladly take another.

And I still can't believe it has been 10 years since Gold and Silver's release. This phrase is overused, but it really does seem like just yesterday...

SIN1488

Years
  • Excuse my stupidity, but what exactly do you need to do in order to take part in this event and squire a mew?

You need a DS, an HG or SS cartridge, and access to a Wi-Fi hotspot. It's possible that you also need to have progressed through the game to a certain point.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Actually you need any of the main 4th gen games. The Japanese event of this mew worked on DPPt and HGSS.

SIN1488

Years
  • Actually you need any of the main 4th gen games. The Japanese event of this mew worked on DPPt and HGSS.

I think it's going to be different with the US and European one, but I guess we'll see.

That would be cool though, as then I could get 4 of them. :D

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Same here I could get 4 too. Modest, Timid, Adamant and Calm natured ones for me :D Only if you can get them on DPPt.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I had a feeling we were getting an event or few within the next few months, and so hurrah for Mew. Multiple Mew! I care not that I already have some anyways! =D

Now just for a Celebi/Johto beasts event in another few months Game Freak/Nintendo, kthnx.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Finally! The post in the Help Thread asking about events made me think about how we haven't had an event in a while. We were due for one, and Mew certainly makes up for it.

I'm just hoping my SS game isn't glitched so that I lose my chance to get Mew. While I already have one on another game, I'd like a backup.

Now just to wait for Celebi/three beasts event. That's the one I'm looking forward to the most.

nm legend

Years
  • woooowwwww i cant wait for my first Mew ever.....this is a special moment for me guys....(starts cryin)

Back