• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mew Gamestop Mystery Gift Issues

Years
  • All,

I just went through a frustrating chain of events to get my Mew and I just wanna clear some stuff up for anyone else who plans on getting one soon.

It's a Mystery Gift card that Gamestop gives out. You don't have to buy anything and make sure the Gamestop (EB Games) is
    A. aware that the promotion is going on
    B. make sure they have the mystery gift cards in stock

I called down to my local one asking about the event and got a fishy answer so I figured I could just come in and collect through their wi-fi. That was an incorrect assumption lol

It's a mystery gift card with a level 100 Mew! I hope this at least helps someone else out!

Colecionador

Collector
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    Well, you just need the code, right? Did you get one already? Do you know if I can take more than one card? =P

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • My local Gamestop is participating the event, but unfortunately, they won't be getting the codes until tomorrow.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    The big key here is that there is no purchase necessary. I am grateful that I've never had to be confronted by that. I usually walk it, ask for a card, thank them, and walk out without hassle. Sometimes, they'll even offer you another card!

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Thanks for the info! So if I get a code, I can connect and download Mew from home? Does anyone know if this is the way it is done in GAME stores as well?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    According to Serebii, GAME stores are also doing code giveaways for Mew. You just walk in, ask for a code card, and can download Mew wherever you can access the Internet.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    According to Serebii, GAME stores are also doing code giveaways for Mew. You just walk in, ask for a code card, and can download Mew wherever you can access the Internet.

Thank you! My local store's employees have no clue what they're doing so I'll try again tomorrow or in the GAME outside the city. :)

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • Well, you just need the code, right? Did you get one already? Do you know if I can take more than one card? =P

I don't think they will let you take more then one. It would not be fair to other people who would want Mew yet buy have not gotten it.
    I only wanted to get one anyway.

Last edited:

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
    Years
  • I don't think they will let you take more then one. It would not be fair to other people who would want Mew yet buy have not gotten it.

I can confirm that. My Gamestop has a strict policy about the cards that have been given out. It's one per person, so if you need two, just talk a friend into going with you.

DigitalMewtwo

Somewhere on the digital spectrum
    Years
  • I can confirm that. My Gamestop has a strict policy about the cards that have been given out. It's one per person, so if you need two, just talk a friend into going with you.

Yep. I'd clone myself and my friend if I could. Since we have all four games (I own two and she owns the other ones). So it's looking like we'll be doing some travelling.

Last edited:

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    After a long walk outside of the city today, I finally obtained Mew! They don't give out codes in the GAME store here though, you have to connect to Nintendo Zone and obtain it from there ;)

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • I work for Gamestop and I can tell you a big part of the reason for the confusion is Nintendo definitely didn't send us an adequate amount of cards. My store is in one of the busiest malls in the Seattle area and we only got ~300 of them and definitely enforced the 1 per customer rule as a result. I only know of one other store in West Seattle who got them and our sister store nearby took one stack of 50 for them to distribute. And we've not been told if we're getting anymore.

Back