• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mewtwo strikes back

What do you think of Mewtwo strikes back

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Watched yesterday was OK, nothing special, the pokemon looked good not so sure about the humans tho, not sure why it was made or if it needed to be remade

TepigLover101

I am a tepig who has hair
    Years
  • I hate mewtwo strikes back

I hate this movie sooo much this is the worst pokemon movie Or at least I think it is I personally haven't watched it all the way but the first 20 minutes are enough I guess I should start positive it looks ok I guess but 3d does not work with the pokemon anime that well unless it was a pokemon super mystery dungeon anime( hit me up nintendo I've got more Ideas where that came from) Brock is great like when is he not? and ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe when I finish the movie there will be other good stuff? ok I can't take this anymore ash is annoying, Mewtwo sucks, I hate the villian,Team rocket is so annoying I think the reason that I loved the power of us was because team rocket was actually not annoying and kinda interesting but in this movie they moved back to going for pikachu INSTEAD OF USING THE TALKING MEOWTH THEY HAVE what idiots! I should also mention how much I hate mewtwo by far the worst pokemon ever rowlett and trubish don't even make this level I hate his motives I hate his voice I hate everything! I hate the fact that they made him I hate him I HATE EVERYTHING whew I'm mad about it like I said tho I haven't seen the full movie and I guess that untill I do I can't say much more ok bye

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • To be honest, I liked this movie. Some of the 3dcg was bad, but I got used to it over time. I loved how the Netflix version just went and mentioned the Jelly Donut gag, that was pretty good. It's by no means as good as the original, though. It never will be.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2021
    To be honest, I liked this movie. Some of the 3dcg was bad, but I got used to it over time. I loved how the Netflix version just went and mentioned the Jelly Donut gag, that was pretty good. It's by no means as good as the original, though. It never will be.

i thought well........idk how to put it, it was predictable, Ash came to life because of tears, i was so angry at how predictable it was, but all in all, it was ok.

LiquidR

I am the shadow on the moon at night
    Years
  • I watched the movie with a double feeling. On the one hand i find it a good remake (more or less a director's edit/cut), on the other hand, the CGI sucked (Poké)balls. Even though some of the Pokémon looked good, though nothing compaired to the Detective Pikachu movie. I was missing the humor that the original movie had, for example: when Ash and co. went from the harbour to the island in a boat that Team Rocket used in their "Catch Pikachu"-scheme, in the original they portraited being vikings with Meowth as a figurehead on the bow, this version they were annoyingly singing. It was terrible. Second, what i missed the most was music, it was lacking it. In the final battle when the pokemon that were captured were set free due to the explosion, in original there was a short drum score that was stating it's gonna be a big fight. In the CGI version, there was none!

If i have to give it a grade, I would give it a 5.7 out of 10. It was MEH for me. Enjoyable, but meh

...not sure why it was made or if it needed to be remade
    Cash grab for movie theaters, nothing more i guess.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I also watched it yesterday, but I didn't like it. And it wasn't the art style surprisingly, which I still hate, but that isn't what made me the most annoyed.

What made me annoyed was the music. Yeah it was great hearing the original song, but the songs during the movie... they just didn't match at all... when the pokemon were fighting... I didn't feel sadness I did during the original. It was the english version, so maybe the Japanese version was better, but the music was just bad.

I know they couldn't use 'Brother, Brother' again, but they could have at least used some of the sadder music from the pokemon anime. Like the original sad song they used after 'Brother, Brother'

I already don't like the original because it is not a great movie regardless what others say. But this made it worse.

One other thing that they left out, was Mewtwo blocked their special attacks, causing them to only slam into each other. If you didn't watch the original, they you wouldn't know why the pokemon didn't use their actual attacks.

Last edited:
    Back