• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

mewtwo

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2006
    does mewtwo remind you of an alien hybrid beacuse he got the looks of it does he?

Years
    The alien comparison is more apt with the power armor helmet Giovanni dresses him out with.

This doesn't belong and it's almost spam but not quite. Moving to Pokemon General.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Yes...Almost SPAM... but reguardless, I shall answer, because it seems interesting enough.

Mewtwo is actually a Cat, but yeah, he's always kinda reminded me of an 'alien', I suppose. I love Mewtwo, he's so awesome... ^^; The fact that he's a cat-type just makes me like him more...

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    How is he a cat? D: The "ears"...?

Mewtwo always reminded me of a Xenomorph... instead with pale skin and an actual head.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    I think speculation on the "cat" theory is because in some descriptions of Mewtwo it is called a "feline." Also, it does sort of resemble a cat with its slender physique and the tail I suppose. o-O

To me, it seems more catlike than an alien hybrid. When I think alien I think "big green head and big black eyes." XD

~Kelsey

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2006
    I've never thought of Mewtwo as an alien hybrid. To me he is more cat-like, but that is only because Mew is cat-like.

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
    Erm. That had nothing to do with the topic, SilverTwilight. Try not to spam.

Anyway, I never really thought of what Mewtwo is. I usually just think of him/her as a Pokemon. o.O

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
    Mewtwo has reminded me of a cat for so long. But he also reminds me of Frieza from DBZ too. X.x

An Alien Hybrid is a nice idea too.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Mew is a feline (just as its name implies, as Mew literally means mew and meow, both sounds emitted from a cat) creature, but contains the genetics of all Pokemon...since Mewtwo is technically Mew, assuming this from the cloning process, we can deduce he's like the aforementioned Pokemon. o.o; So I say his physical appearance was supposed to be like a cat, rather than an alien. I can understand why he'd be considered an alien; his characteristics remind me much of a humanoid/mutant. I might be wrong, of course. XP

pikeevee

Aipom fan. =3
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2013
    He looks like a cross between a cat and a human, if you ask me. *looks at mewtwo*

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Offtopic-ish... but Mew related

Lily said:
    Mew is a feline (just as its name implies, as Mew literally means mew and meow, both sounds emitted from a cat) creature, but contains the genetics of all Pokemon...since Mewtwo is technically Mew, assuming this from the cloning process, we can deduce he's like the aforementioned Pokemon. o.o; So I say his physical appearance was supposed to be like a cat, rather than an alien. I can understand why he'd be considered an alien; his characteristics remind me much of a humanoid/mutant. I might be wrong, of course. XP
    I thought Mew's name came the mathematical symbol μ which read as "mu".

μ represents the mean (not mean as in evil, but mean as in average ;)) of a certain population, which reflects on Mew.
    Mew has the DNA of all Pokemon, so in a sense is the mean of the Pokemon population.

(I got to this theory when I learnt statistics in maths. So maths is useful :D)

Wilph

Deadly Sinner
    Years
    Mewtwo reminds me a bit of Opal Koboi from the Artemis Fowl books. If I recall correctly, she was also described as being "cat-like".

Years
    I love mewtwo, he is one of my favorite pokemon, right now i am training him to to lv. 100, he is at 97, and has psychic, flamethrower, thunderbolt and icebeam

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    O.o Mewtwo is a Cat ? Wow i learn something new everyday xD
    I always used to think he was in some kind of form of an Alien.

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    kohei said:
    I thought Mew's name came the mathematical symbol μ which read as "mu".

μ represents the mean (not mean as in evil, but mean as in average ) of a certain population, which reflects on Mew.
    Mew has the DNA of all Pokemon, so in a sense is the mean of the Pokemon population.

(I got to this theory when I learnt statistics in maths. So maths is useful )

=o
    that makes so much sense.....
    Maybe the dumbed it down afterwards by implying that it was derieved from 'meow'...But the mean thing is probably correct.

Back