• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Mewtwo's coming, everyone evacuate!

Years
    Actually it was Nurse Joy who said that in the first movie.
    I did allude to that, but as his introduction and under his control. I sort of like how he was controlling some generic human who was talking them up and everyone was really shocked about it, but anyway, technically yes. That was his volition rather than hers, though, which might be more the question or meaning. He does characterise himself as a trainer, but more powerful than human trainers, however, and is clearly capable of overriding human intent. That such may occur in that form would perhaps bring into question whether humans can train Pokémon, however, and makes the person with a Rhydon's attempt to 'catch' them seem misguided.

Also of note the fairly humorous take on 'catching them all' after repelling Ash Ketchum, which has to go down as one of the highlights of any of these movies.

Years
    Tbh with all the post story such as the Sevii Islands, there wasn't a real need for even more content (although of course it never hurts) however saying that it would have been cool to have a mini story for Mewtwo. I like the idea that relatively close to the start of the game the player passes the dungeon where the most powerful pokemon is hiding and then gets to revisit it later, and how on Cinnabar Island there is plenty of secrets surrounding the Mew/Mewtwo story which only adds to the mystery.

Back