• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Mewtwo's 'Quirky' Natures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllieV123

hihi =3
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2011
    hello :)
    I apologise if I am posting this in the wrong place.

However, I am attempting to catch a mewtwo [Soul Silver] with a good nature (I am willing to compromise to anything that lowers ATK).
    But, whenever i successfully catch the Mewtwo, it ends up with a Neutral nature, such as quirky, docile etc.

I have caught it 8 times now, each time with the same results. always a neutral nature, and never restricted to any one.
    Is there some reason for this, or am I completely being stupid and missing something?
    You can delete this thread as appropriate :D

NB: This has nothing to do with synchronize, I believe, as my lead is Xatu with the early bird ability.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Personally, I'd use something with the Synchronize ability in the front of your party, just so you have an increased likelihood of getting your preferred nature.

If you still want your Early Bird Xatu to be your lead Pokemon, just have your Pokemon with Synchronize faint. Put that fainted Synchronize Pokemon in your party's lead slot, and put your Early Bird Xatu in your party's second slot. This way, when you're battling Mewtwo, you can still use Synchronize's beneficial "same Nature" effect while still having your Xatu as the Pokemon that is first sent out in battle. Synchronize's overworld effect still activates even if the Pokemon with Synchronize has fainted - the only condition is that the Pokemon with Synchronize must be in front, whether it has fainted or it is still capable for battle.

Hope this helps. :)

P.S. You'll probably want to go on a Natu-catching spree, in order to catch a Natu that has Synchronize and also has one of the Natures you want.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • As said, it is merely a matter of luck. (Curiously, I believe there are 5 neutral natures out of 25 so it's a 1/5 chance each time and if I'm using a 'binomial expansion' right (it's not as simple as doing 1/5*1/5...) you've got something like ~6.2% for such an event to happen so it's not actually _that_ unlikely. What can I say, I am in a stats mood =p).

If you have any other questions, please ask them in the Help thread sticky at the top of the section. Closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back