• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Middle evolutions cooler than first and final?

Braxien

Banned
Years
  • I usually prefer the first evolution, to be honest. They look so much cuter, and I like cute! For example, look at Fennekin:

How is that not cute? It may not be powerful, but I honestly don't care about that. A Pokémon's moveset and power is its beauty, whereas its cuteness is their personality. I prefer personality over beauty.

One of the few final evolutions which appeal to me is Chesnaught. The design of this powerful Grass Pokémon which has evolved from Chespin, also a cute Starter Pokémon of Kalos, is magnificent!

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    B] just think its looks silly..i really dont know why they try to improve it..
    Rhydon was one of my most favorite pokemon from gen 1 and now that rhyperior is out its not the same for me.
    [/B]

Ah but you see, thanks to Rhyperior being created, Rhydon is now even more usable thanks tot he Eviolite.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Grotle
    Grovyle
    Croconaw

Croconaw's design is amazing, in my opinion! If only this were the final evolution of Totodile family, but with bigger body structure. Farligatr's appearance is pretty intimidating, which is great, but I just don't find it to be as good in comparison, sadly.

Froslass

Ice Champion
    Years
  • I thought Dragonair looks so much better than Dragonite. I mean, I have no problem with Dragonite because it is a good Pokemon, but Dragonair's design was so much better, and I felt quite let down when I saw it's next evolution.

rom hunter

tongue-tied
    Years
  • you know..i got some middle evolution pokemon that i like more then the base and the seconed evolution but the pokemon that Bothers me the most is - Rhydon !
    why?
    first of all rhydon was one of the strongest and biggest pokemon of the first gen,
    everybody loves rhydon and who dosen't want that kind of pokemon in your team?.
    Rhydon might be Pokemon #112 in kanto, but he was drawn up before any other Pokemon, so when you try to Improve the first pokemon ever drawn with an evolution like ryhperior its just ruin all the good history we have with rhydon(in my opinion)
    Not to mention that ryhperior is not cool at all..think about it..
    its like the creator of rhypeiror just combine a Rhydon with a amrican Football player

i just think its looks silly..i really dont know why they try to improve it..
    Rhydon was one of my most favorite pokemon from gen 1 and now that rhyperior is out its not the same for me.

Also Rhydon is one of those very few pokemon which looker cooler in their evolved form rather than their pre-evolved one. If only mega evolution were out earlier, it would have been a good idea to have mega-Rhydon than Rhyperior. They just spoiled the design in case of Rhyperior. I only wish Rhydon had Solid Rock ability. Then Rhyperior would be never be on my list.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Braxien is one for me. i actually quite like Delphox's design too, but I just prefer Braxien's.

But more so I prefer the 5th gen water starter's middle form in Dewott. He was such a cooler looking version of Oshawott, and I much prefer his design to Samurott's one (which admittedly is neat with its hidden swords, but still...).

I suppose I can also agree with Grovyle. Sceptile just doesn't look great to me, and its shiny form is even worse imo.

How about that, all those examples are of starter Pokemon. :V Others that do spring to mind include those that got 3rd stages in 4th gen (Magmar/Electabuzz) and Vigoroth (Slaking... doesn't look very appealing =p).

Bulbadon

Might or might not come back
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    Even though it's not a good Pokemon, I prefer Golbat over Crobat.

Years
  • Some that come to mind are Vigoroth, Porygon2, Wortortle, Magneton, Magmar, Electebuzz... etc n_n

bunny24680

Keep Catching, Keep Battling - It's a Pokemon Life
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2021
    You want great mid-evos. I tell you some:

Ivysaur: Looks awesome cooler than its kid bulbasaur and grandpa venusaur. Learns almost all moves of venusaur (Except Frenzy plant).....

Dragonair: I like it a lot, I don't know why Dragonite is the second evo o Dratini. It doesn't look like dragonair or dratinin in any way. One reason to like it is that It's not very weak to ice as it's evo dragonite. Also, it looks very elegant and has wide moove pook specially from TMs.........

Pikachu: Do I have to say anything about it? It's the first pokemon that comes to mind when we hear POKEMON. Its so cute, chubby and really cool. It learn great moves too!!!

Grovyle: looks damn cooler than it's small brother treeko and bushy uncle Sceptile.
    Looks like a tribal warrior in some sense

Back