• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MIDI Writer/Creator

WhiteMarker

Unemployed-Will Work For Food
Years
  • So, I'm celebrating my grand total of two posts by starting a new thread! w00t! Basically all I need to know is what I can use to write my own MIDI files or whatever music files are used in the games, whether it be RBY or RSE. It seems most of y'all just take stuff off of vgmusic or other sites... Well... That's cool. I'd just like to find whatever it is that creates those files. Thanks to anyone who reads this. More thanks to those who reply!

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • Actually, if you want music from the games, I'd recommend getting the "Pokemon Ruby Sapphire Music Super Complete" or the Firered and Leafgreen versions. Or, if you can't be troubled with that, check them out at downloads.khinsider.com (Originally a KH fansite, now much more) They are much higher quality than mere midi files, even those found on vgmusic.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Actually, if you want music from the games, I'd recommend getting the "Pokemon Ruby Sapphire Music Super Complete" or the Firered and Leafgreen versions. Or, if you can't be troubled with that, check them out at downloads.khinsider.com (Originally a KH fansite, now much more) They are much higher quality than mere midi files, even those found on vgmusic.

But they don't loop as well, and can't be edited easily. It depends on what you want to use them for.

Glitchfinder

Years
  • But they don't loop as well, and can't be edited easily. It depends on what you want to use them for.

Very true about the looping and editing, although you could convert them to looping .ogg files too. (RMXP starts off with a bunch of .ogg files as well as midis)

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    MIDI looping is more flexible, as you can set a MIDI to loop back to any point. All other file formats (including OGG) always loop back to the beginning.
    Also, something I forgot to say earlier; MIDIs have by far the smallest file size for music files.

Glitchfinder

Years
  • That would be because midi's aren't music files. They tell a computer what notes from what instruments to play from its midi synthesizer. This leads to huge differences in quality, from sounding like a full orchestra to the standard midi synth, which is pretty crappy. Also, .ogg files can be looped. Just search ".ogg loop" on google, and look for the result with the software named gloop. (Just one example)

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Also, .ogg files can be looped. Just search ".ogg loop" on google, and look for the result with the software named gloop. (Just one example)

Wow, I never knew that. I'll have to look into it further; I'm going to be using them in Amethyst.

Back