• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Midnight Release

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    I am highly disappointed with my Gamestop. I live in Maryland, and I reserved at the Gamestop in Golden Ring. My sister and I both saw the sign that told us there was going to be a midnight release, and we planned to go. Well, as we were pulling up last night there was another car waiting for it too. We saw the employees lock up the store and turn the lights off at 11:55, and leave the store. The other family started talking to them and they also came over to us, apparently, there never was a sign, and Pokemon isn't a big enough title to have a midnight release for. I personally think this is due to younger children playing games to old for them, such as COD, Halo, and Killzone. I got up at 8 this morning to go get it and I am highly pleased with it.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    I got to the local Toys R Us about ten minutes after it had opened and they had about 6 of each version left (outside of the pre-orders) by then.

Saving $39 (half off of one game and two of those Legendary Kits) was worth waiting from midnight to 10 AM. Not to mention sleeping.

Back