• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Migration problems

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2013
    I don't get it. I recently got emerald, and if I'm correct, there is no true PAL version (I have a PAL diamond). So I got the 'USA' version, and whenever I try to migrate from emerald, it corrupts the save file and erases it! Any help?

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    I am also having migration problems.
    when I try to migrate from emerald to pearl it says "there is no save file or the save file has been corrupted".
    MY emeald however still works perfectly fine

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    It's a ROM emerald. Tried it myself with a ROM emerald, exact same thing. I'm afraid it won't work...
    I also have a non-real FR as well, which also doesn't work in migrating or anything, bt the game still plays just fine afterwards...

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    Yeah. Are you buying your GBA games on E-Bay? If so, go buy them in a store, packaged.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Look, its going to work if you have a legitimate Emerald cart. There is also the possibility that it was tampered with in any way, it won't work.

If the emerald cover's not color green and if it's black its fake
    You're talking about Pokemon Chaos Black I presume? -.-;
    I spit on whoever decided to hack that...

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2013
    Well, I've had a check around and the game works fine, apart from the migration, and yeah, I did get it off e-bay. However they don't sell GBA games in my local game store anymore so that really is the only option. Oh, and I don't think it is legit because it has a false seal on the back. It says 'Official nintendo seal of quality' which doesn't exist. The US one is Official nintendo seal. So I'll try amazon, or something.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    You're talking about Pokemon Chaos Black I presume? -.-;
    I spit on whoever decided to hack that...

Lol my brother bought that off a market stall in turkey, i laughed weh he got stuck in the first 5 mins :P

But yeah, the thing with some roms is that they can trade to the real 3rd gen games. I have a fake emerald that wouldnt work so i traded the desired poke over to sapphire, it worked just fine :)

Back