• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Milotic and gyarados?

dark_Uxie

ill wipe ure minds XD
    Years
    which one should i have because i have both a magikarp and feebas lvl 50(a lot of training XP) and im wondering whch one to evolve because i cant be bothered training them both up.

Years
    I'd say Gyarados. He's water & dragon & he'll learn really good moves & he's very durable in battles (can take hits, & has a lot of HP)

dark_Uxie

ill wipe ure minds XD
    Years
    i already have feebas with max beauty I just needed to know which to lvl up cauze i dont wanna train them both cauze i only need 1 water type because thats my actual team on my trainer card in my sig and i dont need munchlax XD.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    If you're using one of them for Battle.

Use Gyarados for a Physical Sweeper,
    and Milotic for a Physical Wall, or Bulky Sleeper.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    Depends on the situation. On 1 hand you have a really powerful pokemon Gyarados, however one electric attack and it could be over. On the other we've got a Milotic that is like a wall. I'd have Milotic - less super effective types than Gyarados has. One electric attack = 4 times more powerful than normal on a Gyarados cos its super effective on both its types (Water and Flying)

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    I say Milotic,a great wall and special wall.
    Sheer elegance with an awsome movepool,plus TM;s!^^

dark_Uxie

ill wipe ure minds XD
    Years
    yh i think i will go with milotic.Its a good wall and t wont die easy.Feel free to close this thread XD.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Before you bash Gyarados, you have to realize that Gyarados is not meant to be a wall. Milotic and Gyarados are two completely different things. Gyarados is something you want in late game so it can rip apart a team with a single Dragon Dance. Milotic cannot do anything of that sort. In fact, Gyarados has a fighting resist, grass resist, and ground immunity. Milotic has none of those.

Detox

Dude Milotic= Uxie...a simple wall that cant do crap...plus gyarados is easier to get...just lvl up a magikarp,which can be found anywhere,unlike feebas

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Before you bash Gyarados, you have to realize that Gyarados is not meant to be a wall. Milotic and Gyarados are two completely different things. Gyarados is something you want in late game so it can rip apart a team with a single Dragon Dance. Milotic cannot do anything of that sort. In fact, Gyarados has a fighting resist, grass resist, and ground immunity. Milotic has none of those.
    x4 Weakness to the most common special attack is baaad. D:

Dude Milotic= Uxie...a simple wall that cant do crap...plus gyarados is easier to get...just lvl up a magikarp,which can be found anywhere,unlike feebas

-Milotic absorbs status.
    -Milotic induces sleep.
    -Milotic walls most sweepers.
    -Milotic takes supereffective hits like a champ.
    -Milotic has only two weaknesses.
    -Milotic has a recovery move.
    -Milotic can take a lot of damage and recover most of it off.
    -Milotic deals decent damage.
    -Milotic has good coverage.

And now, I dare you to call Milotic crap. Also, if you looked at the thread creator's post, he/she already has Feebas and Magikarp. Saying that Magikarp can be found anywhere is pointless at this point. Your point has been overruled.

I prefer Milotic. Gyarados is simply way too overrated and predictable. You get a single Dragon Dance in and out pops Aerodactyl, Cresselia, Forretress, Scizor, Suicune, Gengar... I could go on and on. =/

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    x4 Weakness to the most common special attack is baaad. D:

[/color]
    -Milotic absorbs status.
    -Milotic induces sleep.
    -Milotic walls most sweepers.
    -Milotic takes supereffective hits like a champ.
    -Milotic has only two weaknesses.
    -Milotic has a recovery move.
    -Milotic can take a lot of damage and recover most of it off.
    -Milotic deals decent damage.
    -Milotic has good coverage.

And now, I dare you to call Milotic crap. Also, if you looked at the thread creator's post, he/she already has Feebas and Magikarp. Saying that Magikarp can be found anywhere is pointless at this point. Your point has been overruled.

I prefer Milotic. Gyarados is simply way too overrated and predictable. You get a single Dragon Dance in and out pops Aerodactyl, Cresselia, Forretress, Scizor, Suicune, Gengar... I could go on and on. =/

Wacan Berry is there for a reason. And considering Milotic cannot sweep (whereas Gyara can do both, wall and sweep) makes me choose Gyara over Milotic anyday.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2009
    Gyrados. It's really worth having one on your team for it's attack power!
    Hope this helps you decide.

Detox

Sure...milotic may be able to wall...but tell me how it would kill the opponets pokemon?

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    If you ask me, Milotic's even better than that ugly beast. 'Cause not only it's beauty, but also it's capabilities. If you know what are the best moves for Milotic are: Hydropump/Surf, Ice beam/Blizzard, Mirror Coat/Attract, Recover/Aqua Ring. It's super defensive against it's weaknesses. Although Gyrados is a sweeper, let us not forget it's low defence, one hit on Thunder and KO.

"Sure...milotic may be able to wall...but tell me how it would kill the opponets pokemon?"

Dude, Milotic's a fortress already, attacking with any Sp. Attack plus countering it with a wall.

And how dare you calling me Jacky(that's my Milotic's name and it's a male) a crap?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Sure...milotic may be able to wall...but tell me how it would kill the opponets pokemon?
    May I direct you to Milotic's 100 base Sp.Atk? May I direct you to the number of Pokemon that are weak to Water, not to mention the occasional MockBoltBeam? It's main purpose is to stall, anyways.

Oh, and King Tyranitar, I never said Gyarados was bad. But you have to admit, it's flying type isn't really useful. >:(

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    May I direct you to Milotic's 100 base Sp.Atk? May I direct you to the number of Pokemon that are weak to Water, not to mention the occasional MockBoltBeam? It's main purpose is to stall, anyways.

Oh, and King Tyranitar, I never said Gyarados was bad. But you have to admit, it's flying type isn't really useful. >:(

Resistance to fighting and grass. Immunity to Earthquake and the ability to escape Dugtrio, not be harmed by Spikes of any kind is a very nice bonus.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    Resistance to fighting and grass. Immunity to Earthquake and the ability to escape Dugtrio, not be harmed by Spikes of any kind is a very nice bonus.

It's still neutral against Grass, and even a 100 base Sp Def doesn't help its 4x weakness to electric, which is incredibly common. And it's weak to Stone Edge. Intimidate helps make switching in a little easier, but not much with that weakness to Stone Edge.

I'd take Milotic. Electric might as well not even be strong against it, since most people's electric attacks are special, and that Sp Def basically nullifies it.

Gyrados IS still good. Oh, and it doesn't wall, like you said. No one in their right mind would use Gyrados as a wall, because base 100 Sp Def is only good enough for an average wall, and its 4x electric weakness basically nulls that.

Back