• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Mind Over Matter: A Pokemon RP (IC)

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    "Thanks," Samuel said. "I'm Samuel, just call me Sam." He looked down at Skipper. "And this here is Skipper. As to why I was late... long story short, when flying long distances on a Pidgeot, don't let it crash into a Fearow."

Merita giggled a little bit, then fell quiet. "S-sorry If that was rude." Merita blushed even more, and set Stella down on the ground. "I like how they trained out starters how to talk, so that we don't have to." Merita glanced down at both the starters. "My chikorita is very odd. Just look at her moveset!" After showing Sam the info on her device(a few posts up), She looked at him. "What do you think about it? It IS just a little odd, right? I mean, not all Chikorita are like this. She is not like any chikorita I ever saw before."

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
    Years
  • JENNIFER
    LIFE IS HARD WHEN DUMB
    Jennifer walked outside with Flare. Jennifer didn't even have to ask why Flare seemed upset. She obviously had family issues. Jennifer looked around to see Merita talking to some boy. Maybe Flare was right. Maybe Merita did just want to be popular. Of course, who could blame her? Everyone wants to be popular. Little to no people pick on you. They always ask your opinion. In fact, the only reason Jennifer didn't like being popular was because... just because. It seemed a bit silly to her why she didn't like being around people to much. It was just... it was just a thing for her. Jennifer saw a bench on the Lab grounds. She pointed to the bench, and then sat down on it, motioning to Flare to sit down to. I don't know much else about Flare, Jennifer thought, But she was definitely NOT very popular.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • FLARE
    Between Shades of Pokemon

Seeing Merita talking to a boy just proves my theory true. That's a cute Mudkip, but I prefer to not say. She in the other hand chose a Chikorita. I nearly wanted to summon my Torchic to beat her up. But I don't want that to be my first few minutes with Torchic. I see Jennifer telling me to sit down. I sat down and and held my ball out. I smile out proud.

" Finally. Want to take them out here?"

I just can't wait to see my Torchic. I can already imagine the cute little one...
    I can't wait to see that Ember burn down every mean popular sissy girls in the world. They are the reason why people like me and Jennifer have to suffer. Careful now, I say to myself, just get in happy thoughts.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
    Years
  • JENNIFER
    LIFE IS HARD WHEN DUMB​
    Flare's eyes seemed to drift towards Merita multiple times. Jennifer didn't understand why Flare seemed to hate Merita. Maybe she... reminded Flare of someone? Jennifer shook these thoughts away. Flare soon made a large, goofy-looking grin-or maybe it just looked goofy to Jennifer-and said, "Finally. Want to take them out?"
    Jennifer wrote down on her whiteboard and wrote down in response, How about you count to three, and when you reach three, we both release our Pokemon at the same time. That sounds good, right? Jennifer looked up at Flare, waiting for a response. I would rather not ask about Flare's family Jennifer thought. She seems... sensitive about them. And we only just met, and Flare does seem to make quite a few assumptions, so she may just assume that... I don't even know what she might assume. Better not risk asking to find out.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • FLARE
    Wonders Beyond Torchic and Eevee

I nod. I just can't wait to see them...

" One, two..."

In all my life, I could never imagine owning a pokemon! Brenda used to tell me stories about her adventures as a trainer before she had Tory. She used to tell me all, from her starter Charmander to her first pokemon, a Pidgey. She was nearly champion, but she gave that all up for Tory. And look how that turned out. I silently send my apologies for running away before her anniversary of death. But this is a new beginning, no more dad, no more Tory. Now it's the time for Torchic.

" ... Three!"

We open our pokeballs and release them.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
    Years
  • JENNIFER
    LIFE IS HARD WHEN DUMB
    "One..." Flare started. Jennifer didn't know what to think about this. She did know, however, that things were going well. She had her Pokeball, she had Flare, and when Flare reached three, Jennifer would see her Eevee.
    "Two..."
    When Jennifer looked at Flare, she seemed... she actually seemed a little choked up, a little sad... yet somehow happy at the same time. Maybe Flare was waiting for the unexpected. Jennifer raised up her Pokeball, and nodded towards Flare.
    "Three!"
    Jennifer released her Eevee. As soon as she saw her Eevee, however, she barely resisted snickering like a Japanese Middle-School GirlTm. When the Eevee was released, he-or she, Jennifer didn't know yet-was just laying face first in the grass with a look of distress on his face. Or her face. Jennifer didn't even bother trying to resist smiling. In a matter of seconds, however, the Eevee's eyes widened larger then Jennifer thought possible. Then, it made the largest grin Jennifer had ever seen, it got up on it's hind legs, and started twitching.
    "I... am... FREE!" The Eevee exclaimed.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • FLARE
    An Open Speech

I was so in shock about the Eevee... talking. That's when my Torchic comes out. He or she literally jumps out the ball. 'It' pecks the ground and then runs around! That's when Torchic sees Jennifer, Eevee, and me.

"
    Hiya there! Nice to meet you on a fine day! Hello to girl with Eevee, and hello to what I assume is my new buddy! Such a beautiful day girls, right! I just love the breeze, I am so grateful! What's your name girls?"

I just stare mouth open at the Torchic. Since when do pokemon... talk?

" My... My name is... Flare."

Torchic looks at me and cries with joy. A talking Torchic. A talking Eevee. I wonder if the rest of the pokemon could do this too.

" Not to be rude to you guys, but how exactly... Well can you... Talk?"

I can't help but stutter.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
    Years
  • JENNIFER
    LIFE IS HARD WHEN DUMB
    Jennifer didn't know what to say. One moment, things were peaceful. The other, they had two spastic, wildly uncontrollable, and absolutely insane Pokemon on a rampage. Jennifer wrote down on her whiteboard, technically, all Pokemon can talk, but they must spend some time trying to undersand English first. It seems that these Pokemon have already been taught to speak. "What are you writing?" the Eevee said. Jennifer then realized she couldn't speak. How was she supposed to communicate with her Pokemon? The Eevee rolled it's eyes, and said, "Ooooooooh, your mute. Makes so much sense now. Don't worry, I can read, communication will not be impossible. However, if you do get an interest in battling... Well, I can't just look away from the enemy every ten seconds to get a signal from a whiteboard, so I guess I'll be strategizing. That is a word, right?" The Eevee then turned towards Flare's Torchic and said, "That is a word, right?"

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • FLARE
    In a State of Insanity

I try keeping my cool. The Pokemon are talking for real, perfect English. I am not insane, I'm so not hearing things. Strategizing as far as I'm concerned is a word in the dictionary.

" Yeah... That's the word for it..."

"
    Oh come on Flare, don't be like that. It's not like we're alien, it's just that we are way smarter and more advanced pokemon in our species. Consider us as awesome you know. We have great education, like in x+7/4=4, x is 9. Still though, Eevee's right about the mute thing."

" You said you're smart. Can't you think of something? How about telepathy?

I am not a crazy person. I'm not talking to myself. I'm talking to a Pokemon that knows their Algebra. I am not crazy, I'm not crazy...

" Are you a male or female?"

"
    I'm a very proud female Flare. But telepathy? Does it look like I'm a psychic pokemon? Wouldn't want to anyway. Wait, maybe Eevee can evolve to Espeon. That is a psychic type after all...."

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
    Years
  • JENNIFER
    LIFE IS HARD WHEN DUMB
    Things were devolving into madness. Jennifer turned towards her Eevee, and wrote, What about you? Are you a boy or a girl? The Eevee simply stared at her for a moment, and then said, "Boy. I'm a boy. Totally a boy. A boy. A boy a boy a boy a boy..." Jennifer nudged him with her foot. The Eevee jumped, and, luckily, stopped. Jennifer then wrote, Can you please try to stay calm?
    "Oh sure. I can stay calm. Calmy calm."
    Jennifer sighed, then wrote, Okay. What would you like to be named?
    "I don't know. I guess I would like a name, but I can't think of one. I know! How about Jasper? Or Jacob! Or Saint! Or-
    Jennifer interrupted this by nudging the Eevee. How about Garry?
    The Eevee paused, and seemed to be in deep thought. After a few seconds of sitting, he said "Okay then. Garry's good.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • FLARE
    The Great Company

Luckily for Jennifer, her boy Eevee, or Garry, can read what she writes. Still can't imagine them working like this in a battle. Too risky if you ask me. But still, now Jennifer got me thinking...

" So which name would you like to have Torchic? Lava?"

" Hm... That's a hard one Flare. I really don't want Lava. That's my cousin twiced removed for you. I'd like a name that is me. What about Blaze? Wait, that's a guy's name. Okay, I got it. How about... no. Red is also a guy's name. Fire sounds too plain, Ember is to sassy, Blast doesn't even make sense. I would say Flare but your parents beat me to that one. Maybe Jade, but leave that to grass types. Gold, nope. Help me Flare!"

I was amused by how much thought Torchic was giving this. Now I'm grateful they can talk. I smile and I think it out lazily.

" What about Courtney? Flame? Ruby? My..."

" Ruby is fine with me! It's a very pretty jewel anyway, so I like it! Thanks. Anyway, now that we're done with our intros, I'm starving. Anyone know a place that serves good food?"

Oh dear, this Ruby of mine.

" What do you think we should do Jennifer?"

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Samuel Robinson
    The Unbearable Mudkip

Merita giggled. "S-sorry if that was rude." she said as she out Stella down. "I like how they trained our starters to talk, so that we don't have to."

Oh. Samuel glanced down at Skipper. So that was how.

Then Skipper breathed a sigh of relief.

Something was up with him. He probably wasnt really trained by Erigwani. The sign had to mean something.

"My Chikorita is very odd. Just look at her moveset!" Merita continued, holding up a device, showing that Stella somehow knew Ancient Power and Vine Whip. Odd. "What do you think about it? It is just a little odd, right? I mean, not all Chikorita are like this. She is not like any other Chikorita I ever saw before."

Samuel nodded. "Tell me about it. Skipper is really odd. And I don't even know his moveset."

Skipper stood between the two and jumped up. "Look!" he said. "There's an Eevee over there! Can I go play with it?"

Ignoring him, Samuel continued. "It's probably something crazy. Do you mind if I check with that machine of yours?"

"I'll take that as a yes." Skipper said, as he began to joyfully trot over to the Eevee.

About ten seconds later, Samuel looked over Merita's shoulder to see his Mudkip about to jump on an Eevee.

There was a loud crash, followed by "Hello!"

"Umm... excuse me for a second." Samuel said to Merita. "Apparently Skipper thinks it's a good idea to use an Eevee as a tackling dummy."

Samuel walked away and groaned. Everybody probably heard that. Attention was always just what he needed. One or two people was fine, but a whole group? And when it's about something bad like your Mudkip sneak-attacking an ultra-rare Pokémon?

I'm doomed, he thought as he walked up to who he asssumed was the Eevee's trainer.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • FLARE
    The Great Mudkip

Before Jennifer could write down her response, I see a Mudkip from the boy talking to Merita. Then he charges down Eevee and says hello. Talk about weird introduction. Well at least my theory was correct. I just smile not only because that Mudkip is funny, but because the boy abandoned Merita and went towards us. He looked pretty embarrassed by the scene. Before I can say anything, Torchic speaks.

" Hiya there! What's your name? I'm Ruby! Nice to meet-"

Before Torchic can continue, she sees his trainer arrive.

" Huh. Hiya there human! What's your name? Neat Mudkip by the way dude!"

I am astonished on how Ruby is ignoring the poor Eevee. I help him up and look at the boy.

" Sorry about my Torchic. She's just like that. Nice Mudkip, but you shouldn't allow that Mudkip to do that. Accidents happen like that. Anyway, name's Flare."

I can tell Ruby wants to talk more, but not on my watch.

" Are you okay Garry?"

Now I feel more sorry for Jennifer. Wished she could talk but no. She sadly has to write down everything and exhaust her hands. Oh well. That is a very naughty Mudkip.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
    Years
  • JENNIFER
    MUDKIP!
    "Yay! Jennifer, I'm starving. We have to eat- AH!" The sudden scream is what made Jennifer jump. When she looked, Jennifer saw that a Mudkip had randomly decided to tackled Garry. Ruby, Aka Flare's Torchic, immediately greeted this Mudkip. The boy Merita was talking to walked over, apparently the Mudkip's trainer. It was then that Flare started talking to this boy, and Jennifer began blotting out the world, calming down, and taking deep breaths. To many people. And Pokemon.

Meanwhile, Garry was getting up with the help of Flare. If that wasn't random, Garry didn't know what was. Garry then turned to see that his trainer, whose name appeared to be Jennifer, seemed to be stressed. Garry nudged her with his paw. "Hey," he said, "you okay?" Jennifer looked up, and wrote on her whiteboard, Fine. Everything's fine. Are you okay?
    "Yes. I'm perfectly fine. Also, although I'm pretty sure your name is Jen, can you confirm this?"
    Yes. My name is Jen, though I prefer to be called Jennifer. Jennifer then erased the words on her whiteboard, and wrote, Hello, my name is Jennifer Josephine Smith, though I prefer to be called Jennifer. What is your name? She then nudged the boy with her foot to get his attention. Then, Garry turned towards the Mudkip and said, "Can you please not do that? That scared the hell out of me."

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • FLARE
    Yet Another Flashback

As I await the boy's response, and without meaning to, I get a flashback.

" Flare, stop being so mean to Tory. Go to your room now!"

" But Dad..."

" Get up now!"

That was when Tory had one of her big blow out parties and Dad busted them and I'm hanging out alone in my room. She always paid the entire school to never tell about the parties were by her when Dad was here. So that's how I was always blamed for everything. But this day I remember in particular....

" No."

" What did you say Flare?"

" No. Why do always listen to Tory? I'm your daughter! Not that phony!"

" What is wrong with you Flare?! She lost both of her parents! You at least have me..."

" Yeah right."

" Don't talk to me like that."

" Make me."

Then he just walks up to me like that and hits me in the face. That's when I punch him hard in the jaw. He tries grabbing me but I swing out the window and run towards the woods. That's why the next day he left to work early. I smiled triumphantly because that means he left without giving Tory her allowance. Of course it was hell but seeing her in the same shirt for a week straight was a sight to savor.

Then I snap to my surroundings. Torchic looks at me questioning my face but then turns towards the boy. Hopefully no one else saw that.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    Merita

Merita was looking at the scene before her. It is probably best to stay away... But I want to make a friend.
    Merita took a step in the group's direction, before stopping. I don't want to get near that girl. Why did I let my anger get the best of me? Stella looked up at her. "What is wrong? Why are you sad?" "I-i shouted at the girl with the torchic when she was being rude to the girl next to her. Now I seem like the rude girl to everyone." Merita's eyes filled with silent tears. "Why did I have to leave Orre? Why could dad not just buy me a pokemon?" She whispered to herself. Stella seemed a little sad about her last remark. "You don't want to be here? You don't want to be my trainer?" Merita wiped her eyes before looking at her only friend. "You are just the pokemon I always wanted, I just wish you could have come to me back home." Merita leaned against the tree in silence.

Back