• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen "Mirror mirror on the wall, who was the easiest Gym Leader of them all?"

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Roark, hands down. I went with Piplup as my starter, so beating him was like sitting down on a comfy, cotton bed ... With soft, pink pillows ... Time for a nap.

Years
  • As Laugh said above me, Roark was easiest for me in Platinum because I had Piplup.

As for Heartgold, I thought that Pryce was easy to defeat, because I had a lot of fire types to bring down his ice types easily. As for the Kanto section of the game, Erika for the same reason!

Years
  • DPPt: Probably Maylene. I don't know why because I always grabbed Piplup or Turtwig (which should have a disadvantage) but I never really had a problem fighting her.

HGSS: Falkner. His pokemon were pretty pathetic (I even ran with Chikorita and defeated him). His Pidgey use to give me so much more trouble than his Pidgeotto (The dang thing was hacked in anyway) because of Sand-Attack. Never seriously attacking me, just Sand-Attack...

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 18, 2012
    Gardenia was super easy because I started with a Chimchar. Bugsy in HG was also very easy as well because I started with Cyndaquil and had a Zubat to use Wing Attack.

#isthenumbersign
    Years
  • For me, Fantina is always easy. It takes one guy with a Dark move to sink her whole team.

In HGSS, Bugsy is usually pretty easy. Metapod and Kakuna literally do nothing, and Scyther has no really good attacks.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I don't know about you guys, but I personally found Jasmine to be the easiest. I was thinking that my team of Meganium, Lanturn, Ampharos, Quagsire, and Fearow would have anything to do with the advantage but I think it was also because I GRIND before I even get to Jasmine. I haven't been able to beat her twice at all. I was always able to sweep her only once. xD

Pink Mommy

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    What can I say? I'm not a good trainer but ALL of them were extremely easy compared to Gen III (or is it just me).
    But the easiest (and the one I loved to defeat the most) was the snow leader (can't remember her name). She bragged about her "Icy Techniques" and my Infernape brought her down like nothing.
    I think it took longer for me to walk into the gym than out of it.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • What can I say? I'm not a good trainer but ALL of them were extremely easy compared to Gen III (or is it just me).
    But the easiest (and the one I loved to defeat the most) was the snow leader (can't remember her name). She bragged about her "Icy Techniques" and my Infernape brought her down like nothing.
    I think it took longer for me to walk into the gym than out of it.

I'm assuming you mean Candice?

She was a pain in the bottom for me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2017
    Brock in Soulsilver because of my Meganium. Actually all of the Kanto gym leaders minus Blue were pretty easy and I was underlevelled.

Also Whitney

Crazy isn't it

Last edited:

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • For me it was planty girl erika i think. Lol, i dunno her name but shes the one in celadon. I had typhlosion and I just OHKOd each and every one with him. I actually tried switching out for a challenge. Didn't work, I sent out noctowl :D

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I would say Bugsy. I chose Cyndaquil as my starter, so by the time I got to his gym, I just swept through every single Pokemon all the trainers brought out :)

Back