• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mirrors

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    We all need mirrors, and some can't even live without them. Most of us check them at least once or twice every day, whether it be to brush teeth in the morning, style hair, check to see if things are okay before heading outside, or anything else that we could possibly think of.

So, tell us--what are some of the most common reasons you find yourself looking into mirrors, and approximately how many times do you do it each day? When you look, what would you say is your usual reaction? Do you ever forget to check them? If so, is there anything you do to take care of that, or do you not worry about it at all?

Sirfetch’d

I check it to see if anything is on my face or teeth and I constantly check it to see how my hair looks. I am very paranoid about my hair so I constantly find myself checking and brushing it

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    If I'm at a red light, I'm usually looking at my reflection in the mirror and primping. If I haven't washed my hair, or it isn't done before I leave the house, I usually think I'm super ugly because when my hair isn't done, I think I'm a lot less attractive (because I am) and when I'm less attractive (or just flat out ugly), it affects my self esteem and confidence for the rest of the day.

How I look is almost always on my mind. For most movements, I intentionally move that way because it's the most attractive way I can do what I'm doing. Mirrors just keep me in check. I even use reflections in things like steel and glass (from what I can see anyway) to gage how attractive I am. But for the most part, it all revolves around my hair.

Last edited:

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
    Mirror is kinda like the most important things in my life. Without it, i can't survive haha(maybe)..before school, i check my face and hair with it...when something stuck between my teeth, i'm gonna check my teeth using the mirror...I feel really weird if i don't check myself in the mirror even a day...

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I look in mirrors to see if my hair is in order, to check whether my outfit matches, to check my face condition for acne and blackheads (in private), and when I brush my teeth. I can't avoid looking into mirrors each day; there's one on my bedroom wall, one affixed to my closet's sliding door, and one in the bathroom. I don't really have any reactions to my reflection, but sometimes I like to look at myself and give myself some mental boosters.

Years
    I check myself over in passing or before I leave the restroom, but I don't constantly harp on primping myself throughout the day

IceyGamer

Nothing but Ice in my veins
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2014
    Make sure my hair (when I fix it) looks good and when I brush my teeth. Other then that I don't use them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I guess I look to see my skin and hair. Idk to me I hate seeing myself, but I'm also fascinated when I do see myself. All day all I see is everyone else so when I can see myself in a mirror at a restaurant talking and actually see my own expressions, features, the way my body looks when I do things, I just feel strange. It's very surreal to me, but maybe it's because for so long I tried not to look.

Years
    I look in the mirror a lot. Mainly to check to see if my hair looks good, but also to see if I need to think about shaving. Also to check my skin out. Normal reasons I guess. I think I look at myself most in my car mirror. I don't know why, but I do, haha.

Every time I look at myself in the mirror I cringe. I don't like the way I look.

Yukari

I often look into mirrors for no reason at all. Though most commonly I look into them when I brush my teeth.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    Spoiler:

But how can we look in mirrors if our eyes aren't real?

I almost never look in a mirror to fix how I look.

Years
    i always look at myself in the mirrors. the big one in my room when i first wake up and see mad bedhead or when i go to bed and its all dark i only see like my body shape and then tell myself i need to lose serious weight already. to the ones in my bathroom for when i brush my teeth or brush my hair and sometimes fix it. my hair is always mad messy just the way it is. then do the whole look to see if i have bad acne. the body length mirrors to check out how my clothes look and once again the whole man i need to lose weight. but i am comfortable with my body image when i see myself i dont get depressed or ashamed i smile at myself and think this is how i will smile at everyone today. make sure the smile shows in my eyes too. then the tiny mirror in the living room to do my eyebrows and once again obsess over acne that isnt there lol or might be there. so daily i probably look at myself around 12 times a day? that includes the times i go bathroom and wash my hands and the random times in the car i do a quick no food in my teeth check before goin in some place lol

the only time i dont look in the mirrors is when its like middle of the night or dark in the room (aside from when im going to bed and just like that one last look in the mirror) because then i have this irrational fear i will see like someone beside me or like a ghost or something lol yes im a horror fan haha

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I look in the mirror often, and I think to myself.... I haven't changed one bit in nearly 10 years.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I pretty much only ever check my hair in the mirror, and even then it's quite often that I don't even remember to do it. The mirrors in my house aren't terrible convenient. I have a full-length mirror, but it's tucked away in the corner of my room so I usually have to go out of my way to look into it. I also have a mirror in my bathroom, but if I don't go to the washroom before I leave the house, I usually won't remember to check.

:( I do kinda go out of my way to check mirrors more often when I have pimples though. It doesn't happen to me often so I fret over how it's coming along a lot. I have a small makeup mirror that usually ends up pretty close to wherever I've situated myself in my room on those days so that I can check frequently, hahaha.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Mirrors are in washrooms, so... whenever I'm in a washroom I'll see myself in the mirror. If I didn't I'd be a vampire.

I generally only really stare at myself for a somewhat extended period of time when doing my hair or shaving my face

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    When I pass by a mirror I look myself in the eyes. I don't know why, I just do it. For no reasons.
    I used to hate mirrors, so I guess now I am happy of what I see.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Pretty much only the basics in the morning/evening - brush my hair, wash my face, brush my teeth, floss, etc.

Though I do go out of my way to check my bangs infrequently throughout the day. You see, we have well water and a water softener system, and if you're not familiar with using really soft water.. it tends to leave your hair (and skin) feeling eternally flat, greasy, and oily unless you wash it JUST right.. and even then, expensive shampoo to replace the things that softening water removes from the water is usually the better way to go.
    All the more upsetting to see when your hair is naturally wavy and bouncy. :(

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    Every time I finish brushing my hair, I look at a mirror. And I'm pleased with what I see.

Back