• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Miss the 90's?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Since the 90's, television has gone down hill. It's very unfortunate.

Living Desert

Lock up your daughters...
    Years
    Since the 90's, television has gone down hill. It's very unfortunate.

I generally would agree with that statement, however, and this concerns the topic of the thread in its entirety, what happens if we constantly seek out and attempt to divulge the material of the past while neglecting to make our marks in a progressive manner?

In a sense, if we're not moving forward, are we going anywhere? And if we're not going anywhere, doesn't there come a point where whatever we accomplish/believe becomes just plain irrelevent and meaningless?

This is one reason why I kinda have a hard time with people who get lost in music of the 60s and 80s: these kids who tell me their favorite and strongest influences include The Doors, The Clash and Zep.

Sure they, "sound nice" but there's nothing unique and popping you get from that, just alot of old sounds and maps of already travelled roads. It's the unique sound/voice that's going to change things. Great ideas come from people living in the here and now, the trailblazers, the ones who get up there and show something completely new and blow our minds. It's those fellas that get remembered. If you're not on that frequency, you just get left behind, you find youself futily grabbing for nostalgia on threads like this.

Last edited:

AmitieFan985

Let's Drill!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2011
    Anyone remember Furbies? :3 I'll always miss the 90s. They had everything you could ever want. I remember when I used to watch Digimon on Fox Kids. And Sabrina The Teenage Witch, Saved By The Bell and Kenan And Kell on Nickelodeon. I want to go back. D:

I remember Furbies really well. I even used to own several of them back when those little things were popular. Kenan & Kel, how I miss you......

I really miss the old shows they had on Nickelodeon, like Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold, & many others. Seems like now they completely forgot about them. At least Cartoon Network now still shows some of their older cartoons.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Haha I remember Furbies... those and the Childs Play movies scared the shiz out of me...

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Born in '93. When I think of all the things I used to enjoy when I was younger (aka. Just TV shows, music and video games) they're either actually from the 60s, 70s or 80s, or they're post-2000; with the exception of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air and two Playstation games (Abe's Oddysee & Soul Reaver.) So I can say that I actually miss nothing at all from the 90s.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    The 90's had the best cartoons and kid shows. Nickelodeon was pushing the boundaries on awesomeness with All That! and just their general creativity was so great.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2010
    On Sirius XM there's a channel on Lithium. Happens to be the best music station on the platform. "Grunge Rock & 90s Alternative". Can't beat hearing L7's "Pretend We're Dead" every now and then. Or Marcy Playground with "Sex and Candy".

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
    I was born in 1991 and I can remember certain bits from the 90's. I remember when Freddo's were 10p, when you could get 1p sweets and other things like that.

I also remember watching fox kids, Nickolodeon and the old cartoon Network when cartoons didn't suck. I remember watching the Donkey Kong Country Series, A few Sonic the Hedgehog series and cool things like that. :P

And back when games didn't involve so many achievements, downloadable content and stuff like that, the games back then had more replay value than most do nowadays with online gaming, but that is just my opinion. Playing games because they were fun and addictive not like games now, paying for new maps to earn new trophies or whatever.

I miss those days....

Last edited:

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    No, I don't really. The 80's was better. The Disney Renaissance is the highlight of the 90's for me.

Neo Pikachu

Forever Gold
    Years
    Born in 82. If you thought the 90s were good, you would have loved the 80s. These were when cartoons were cartoons, and didn't try to rip off of anime all the time "just because" it was there. They gave you a reason to wake up every Saturday morning to watch them because they had memorable characters and hilarious mayhem.

You don't really see that in cartoons today. Most of them now are about child prodigies having special powers, or they're characters that just don't have the same charm and appeal and just aren't as funny as the more classic characters like Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and those other guys.

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
    I sorta miss the 90s. The 60s were the best(Music-wise), IMO. That was the hay day of Country music. Everyone good was around then. All the outlaws, and everyone else who was actually country.

So yeah, I miss the 60s.(Whoo, I was born in '95 xD)

Tree_x

Breeder
    Years
    Born in 82. If you thought the 90s were good, you would have loved the 80s. These were when cartoons were cartoons, and didn't try to rip off of anime all the time "just because" it was there. They gave you a reason to wake up every Saturday morning to watch them because they had memorable characters and hilarious mayhem.

You don't really see that in cartoons today. Most of them now are about child prodigies having special powers, or they're characters that just don't have the same charm and appeal and just aren't as funny as the more classic characters like Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and those other guys.

D: you are giving me that whole damn i was a Era short of when i should of been born feeling but i was born 1992 FeB 8th and i can not say i miss the 90s XD lol Sure there Were Great shows Great things but there not gone you can still find them if you look :D!

Neo Pikachu

Forever Gold
    Years
    D: you are giving me that whole damn i was a Era short of when i should of been born feeling but i was born 1992 FeB 8th and i can not say i miss the 90s XD lol Sure there Were Great shows Great things but there not gone you can still find them if you look :D!

I get that feeling myself sometimes, as I would have liked to see what the 60s and the 70s were like. A whole new culture was born around that time with music, television, and media, and it would have been really something to be a part and evolve with it.

The 90s were okay, they had their moments. I loved Animaniacs when it was still around.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years

Hey Arnold, Doug, Batman The Animated Series, Catdog. Four cartoons from the '90s not ripping off some sort of anime. And I did get up Saturday mornings to watch them.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    I miss the 90s so much. All the tv shows were so much better than now, especially on Nickelodeon. I mean, how can you hate All That, Legends, Rugrats, Angry Beavers, and all the others?

Neo Pikachu

Forever Gold
    Years
    Hey Arnold, Doug, Batman The Animated Series, Catdog. Four cartoons from the '90s not ripping off some sort of anime. And I did get up Saturday mornings to watch them.

The cartoons from the 90s didn't rip off of animes, but it seems like most of the cartoons in the 00s did. And yeah, those were the golden days of Nickelodeon. Now its just eh.

And yeah, Hey Arnold was awesome. Ren and Stimpy and Rocco's Modern Life were also a pleasure to watch.

Back